Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coach Cal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The hot rumor just about everywhere except Kentucky involves the future of John Calipari. Talk to anyone outside the Bluegrass who wants to be “in the know” and inevitably they will bring up the Russian owner of the New Jersey Nets and the possibility that Calipari might go there to coach John Wall, Lebron James, Oscar Robertson or whatever other star is supposedly headed to the franchise.

More
Money talks, so we will see.
i say Lebron stays where he is at
if Lebron goes then Cal goes IMO
I dont really see this...But money does talk
If i were him i would go to the nets for another million or 2 lol....I like the thoughts of lebron, wall and another
I don't see LeBron leaving Cleveland unless it's for New York. NJ already has a good PG, they might decide to draft Turner who can play muliple positions.
Cal is not going anywhere. Neither is lebron.
Here we go!
I just cant see it happening.
Aslan Wrote:I don't see LeBron leaving Cleveland unless it's for New York. NJ already has a good PG, they might decide to draft Turner who can play muliple positions.
I think that I heard that the Russian intends to build a new arena in Brooklyn and more the team there.
Cal isnt going anywhere, and neither is Lebron. I also Don't think Wall will be the #1 pick.
All i can say is money talks! Cal is very intelligent with money...Although he is the highest paid coach he may act like he is going to leave so the university will pay him more oney
If Coach Cal were to leave UK (god forbid) He would owe them A LOT of money. I hope that never happens though
Real Badman Wrote:If Coach Cal were to leave UK (god forbid) He would owe them A LOT of money. I hope that never happens though

how would he owe them money??
This is a old rumor, Its already been talked about and dismissed.
Lebron is not going to the Nets. He wants a ring, not to build a team all over again.
Cal already shut down the nets rumor like 3 months ago!
Real Badman Wrote:If Coach Cal were to leave UK (god forbid) He would owe them A LOT of money. I hope that never happens though

Its doesnt make sense but no he wouldnt. When Kiffin left he only paid back 250,000 but if he were fired he would be granted 3,000,000!
I was always under the impression, if you leave when you have a contract you must pay back the remaining money the university paid out. I believe they had a 33M/8 year contract or something like that. I could be wrong though.
I dont see it.
Cal will be at UK next season IMO
I think cal retires at UK
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Cal is not going anywhere. Neither is lebron.

I agree!
Let him go, dont get me wrong I like him, but he gets 1 and out players and that is it.
Cal is not going anywhere! I think he is a wildcat for another 3 or 4 years...However as others have said money talks...
Cal is to good of a recruiter..its good to have one dones but not 4 or 5 every year...That is why he is chocking in the tourney! Once you advance into the elite 8 you must have some expierenced players! And you dont get that expierence in one year...But as far as recruiting goes he is by far the best in the buisness...Coaching wise he is top 10 maybe...Thats why i am a Mich St. fan...Izzon recruits good players that stay atleast 3 years and he consistently gets to the final four almost every year
SPARTY Wrote:Cal is not going anywhere! I think he is a wildcat for another 3 or 4 years...However as others have said money talks...
Cal is to good of a recruiter..its good to have one dones but not 4 or 5 every year...That is why he is chocking in the tourney! Once you advance into the elite 8 you must have some expierenced players! And you dont get that expierence in one year...But as far as recruiting goes he is by far the best in the buisness...Coaching wise he is top 10 maybe...Thats why i am a Mich St. fan...Izzon recruits good players that stay atleast 3 years and he consistently gets to the final four almost every year

i agree i would have loved to have him, but i like Cal, ,would like him better if some of his players stayed longer
pirate4287 Wrote:Let him go, dont get me wrong I like him, but he gets 1 and out players and that is it.

So you would rather us bring in players like stevenson and harris who stays 5 years but is nothing better than a starter for a div 2 school.
Calipari is like Pitino. Excellent college coaches. Not suited to coach in the NBA. Cal will stay. He has the best college coaching job in America.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So you would rather us bring in players like stevenson and harris who stays 5 years but is nothing better than a starter for a div 2 school.

That is the reason why we shouldnt go after Hood, Miller, or Justice. We need the best of the best. Not someone just because they live close to us! Walk on or not!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So you would rather us bring in players like stevenson and harris who stays 5 years but is nothing better than a starter for a div 2 school.

There needs to be a better balance of experience and talent. But you can't complain with the players Cal is getting.
Cal has been rumored to go to the NBA after every year he has coached since the Marcus Campby days at UMass