Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Let's Move On...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To Kentucky Football. I am ready to end all of this basketball talk. Who will be under center for the first snap of the year against Louisville? How will they fill the gaps of what they lost to graduation on the defensive side of the ball? Will Joker prove himself in his first year as head coach? I wish September was here already!
I think Newton should get the nod as the starting QB. Everyone knows that Hartline never could handle the job and it wouldn't be any different this year. The sooner that Newton gets the reigns the better off UK will be. I hope Joker lives up to his "coach-in-waiting" hype. I'm excited about the 2010 football season. After all football is the best sport.
I am really hoping that Mossakowski lives up to the hype that he came in with as a Freshmen last year. Had he not been recovering from the shoulder injury he would have been the one to burn the red shirt and start the last half of the season instead of Morgan Newton.
It should definitely be an interesting QB battle in Lexington, thats for sure. Newton will be fine, but I think Mossakowski (if he's recovered fully) will beat him out for the job. Thankfully thats a position Bama dont have to worry about. Im with you all, Im ready for some football!! I wish there was another league playing while college and the NFL is off. Something like the USFL II or something, lol..that wouldnt hurt my feelings one bit.
Let's not forget about the Cats baseball squad. They had a real tough stretch of games with Vandy and Ole Miss, but the #24 Cats are the deepest that I have ever seen talent wise.
:lmao:

Kentucky Football?????
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::lmao:

Kentucky Football?????

West Virginia Football history:

- 5 Big East Championships (3 of the 5 are co-championships)
- 13-15 all time in Bowl Games
- 0 National Titles

Kentucky Football history:

- 2 SEC Championships
- 8-6 all time in Bowl Games
- 0 National Titles

You were saying?
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::lmao:

Kentucky Football?????

Who lost and who defeated Auburn last season? Confusedhh:

According to the guys at TCP, Mossakowski has been very impressive thus far. I think our biggest question mark coming into this season is our defense and offensive line. We didn't have much depth at LB last season with injuries, but we snatched some pretty talented guys who could make an impact this season as frosh. I'm really looking forward to seeing LB Qua Huzzie, who is one of those out of LaGrange, GA. Seems like those kids from there never underachieve. I'm not that concerned with our offensive line, as most the guys who will be starting got all kinds of PT against SEC competition. So we will be fine there IMO.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:West Virginia Football history:

- 0 National Titles

- 2 SEC Championships
- 0 National Titles

You were saying?

WVU won two BCS bowls in three years and 4 bowl games in a row with Pat White at QB.

Kentucky has not won an outright SEC title in 60 years. Kentucky has not beaten Florida or Tennessee in over 25 years. Kentucky has not played in a New Years Day bowl since Tim Couch was QB. If Kentucky took football as serious as basketball, Brooks would have been chased out of Lexington long before he retired. WVU won 50 games in the past 5 years. I don't think Curry, Mumme, or Morriss won that many during their tenures at UK.

BTW, I can take my WVU glasses off and see the world for what it is. Bill Stewart has a mountain to climb this year for WVU. We only signed 18 LOI's and one of those players who enrolled in January left school two weeks ago. He was a WR and may have started this fall. Another WR left school and transferred. Starting QB Geno Smith broke a bone in his foot (second foot break in two years) and will not play spring ball. Pat White's brother Coley will take snaps in spring drills. Add to that former WVU assistant Doc Holliday now Marshall HC, former WVU assistant Butch Jones now at Cincy, Skippy Holtz at South Florida, and Charlie Strong at Louisville, Bill has his hands full. WVU will be lucky to finish the year 7-5. Would not surprise me that Marshall pulls of the win over WVU this fall in Huntington. Marshall has NEVER beaten WVU in football. I am afraid it will be a long football season in Morgantown. Basketball season will not arrive fast enough. After the success of the Rich Fraud years, I never dreamed I would utter those words.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Who lost and who defeated Auburn last season? Confusedhh:

According to the guys at TCP, Mossakowski has been very impressive thus far. I think our biggest question mark coming into this season is our defense and offensive line. We didn't have much depth at LB last season with injuries, but we snatched some pretty talented guys who could make an impact this season as frosh. I'm really looking forward to seeing LB Qua Huzzie, who is one of those out of LaGrange, GA. Seems like those kids from there never underachieve. I'm not that concerned with our offensive line, as most the guys who will be starting got all kinds of PT against SEC competition. So we will be fine there IMO.

Stewart and OC Jeff Mullins blew that game like they did the Gator Bowl vs Florida State.:igiveup::flush:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:WVU won two BCS bowls in three years and 4 bowl games in a row with Pat White at QB.

Kentucky has not won an outright SEC title in 60 years. Kentucky has not beaten Florida or Tennessee in over 25 years. Kentucky has not played in a New Years Day bowl since Tim Couch was QB. If Kentucky took football as serious as basketball, Brooks would have been chased out of Lexington long before he retired. WVU won 50 games in the past 5 years. I don't think Curry, Mumme, or Morriss won that many during their tenures at UK.

BTW, I can take my WVU glasses off and see the world for what it is. Bill Stewart has a mountain to climb this year for WVU. We only signed 18 LOI's and one of those players who enrolled in January left school two weeks ago. He was a WR and may have started this fall. Another WR left school and transferred. Starting QB Geno Smith broke a bone in his foot (second foot break in two years) and will not play spring ball. Pat White's brother Coley will take snaps in spring drills. Add to that former WVU assistant Doc Holliday now Marshall HC, former WVU assistant Butch Jones now at Cincy, Skippy Holtz at South Florida, and Charlie Strong at Louisville, Bill has his hands full. WVU will be lucky to finish the year 7-5. Would not surprise me that Marshall pulls of the win over WVU this fall in Huntington. Marshall has NEVER beaten WVU in football. I am afraid it will be a long football season in Morgantown. Basketball season will not arrive fast enough. After the success of the Rich Fraud years, I never dreamed I would utter those words.

so your saying that your all Mighty Mountaineers Can, Could, Would take down Florida???
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Stewart and OC Jeff Mullins blew that game like they did the Gator Bowl vs Florida State.:igiveup::flush:

And we haven't had games we let slip away over the past 3-4 years?

Like it or not, WVU's football program isn't that much greater than Kentucky's.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Stewart and OC Jeff Mullins blew that game like they did the Gator Bowl vs Florida State.:igiveup::flush:

if they blew them then why didn't they get fired???
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:WVU won two BCS bowls in three years and 4 bowl games in a row with Pat White at QB.

Put WVU in the SEC and lets see how they do. Vandy could win the Big East every year.
I see a healthy battle at QB. But I see Newtons experience last year winning out over Mozz. I also See a fully recovered Derrick Locke being a force next year at RB. We lost alot of talent and leadership on the O-line as well as D. But we do have talent coming back in all places where we have holes. IMO this team will live and die by how Randall Cobb does. The guy is just a playmaker.

And your conference is so dominate we know.....
Yes, yes..Kentucky and West Virginia. Two adorable little programs ya got there Big Grin
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yes, yes..Kentucky and West Virginia. Two adorable little programs ya got there Big Grin

Good one lmbo.
IDK if I can see UK making another bowl game after all the defense they lost. Offensively there'll be significantly better, considering how young most the skilled players are. The battle for the QB position will be interesting. On the defensive side of the ball, UK is going to give up A TON of yards on the ground.
Aslan Wrote:Good one lmbo.
IDK if I can see UK making another bowl game after all the defense they lost. Offensively there'll be significantly better, considering how young most the skilled players are. The battle for the QB position will be interesting. On the defensive side of the ball, UK is going to give up A TON of yards on the ground.
Its really going to be interesting, Ill definitely agree with you there..Im not confident that theyll go bowling again. I think that 5-7 is an optimistic pick, and I have a bad feeling about the Louisville game too. I hope Im wrong though..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Its really going to be interesting, Ill definitely agree with you there..Im not confident that theyll go bowling again. I think that 5-7 is an optimistic pick, and I have a bad feeling about the Louisville game too. I hope Im wrong though..

Lville is still rebuilding and imo won't be competitive this year. It will take Strong a few recruiting classes before Lville will be contending in the Big East again. ATM, there's just little to no athletes at Lville, espcially on the defensive side of the ball. I have faith in Strong though. He'll have the program up on it's feet in 2-3 years. But for this year, I'll take UK by double digits.
The defense loses strength, but we pick up speed. We had a slow defense last season and I Joker said that he wanted to move some safeties up to the sam linebacker position to add some more speed to the front 7. I think we will struggle against some of the better smashmouth teams, because the loss of Corey Peters to graduation was the biggest hit.

@ Louisville
Western Kentucky
Akron
@ Florida
@ Ole Miss
Auburn
South Carolina
Georgia
@ Miss. State
Charleston Southern
Vanderbilt
@ Tennessee

I see 10 possible wins and 9 possible losses.

My bet would be on a 7-5 or 6-6 record.
Strikeout King Wrote:so your saying that your all Mighty Mountaineers Can, Could, Would take down Florida???

Since 2000, WVU has only one loss to an SEC school. That was Auburn last year. We go to LSU this fall. I am hopeful of a win in Baton Rouge, but we'll probably get waxed by 3 touchdowns.
Aslan Wrote:Lville is still rebuilding and imo won't be competitive this year. It will take Strong a few recruiting classes before Lville will be contending in the Big East again. ATM, there's just little to no athletes at Lville, espcially on the defensive side of the ball. I have faith in Strong though. He'll have the program up on it's feet in 2-3 years. But for this year, I'll take UK by double digits.
I said it the day they hired him, Charlie Strong will make Louisville a powerhouse again. Theyll get 6 wins this season, and 9 next year..IMO, that was one of the best hires in the nation. Give them 3 years to get him a solid class under his belt and a little bit of experience, and theyll win the Big East.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I said it the day they hired him, Charlie Strong will make Louisville a powerhouse again. Theyll get 6 wins this season, and 9 next year..IMO, that was one of the best hires in the nation. Give them 3 years to get him a solid class under his belt and a little bit of experience, and theyll win the Big East.

I agree. IDK if he can get 6 wins this year, bc the Krag left him nothing to work with, but soon Lville will be competing for a Big East title every year and maybe more.
I'm not sure Charlie Strong will stay at Louisville more than 2-years if he has success.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm not sure Charlie Strong will stay at Louisville more than 2-years if he has success.
I think they win the Big East in 3 or 4 years, and I think he's gone after 5. I think he replaces Urbaby Meyer in Florida or ends up at Florida State before its all said and done.
UK has won a National Title. In 1950 we beat Oklahoma who was the number 1 team at the time in the Sugar Bowl. The title was giving out before the bowl game to Oklahoma but when Saragrin went back and done final rankings UK finished #1 that season and was awarded a share of the title.

You can look it up.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:West Virginia Football history:

- 0 National Titles

- 2 SEC Championships
- 0 National Titles

You were saying?

I would credit UK with the 1950 Sugar Bowl win over Oklahoma as a National Championship...I think the NCAA credits them with it, or at least a share of it.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm not sure Charlie Strong will stay at Louisville more than 2-years if he has success.

That's a big IF. UL's at the basement of the Big East and imo won't be competitive next year because they return next to nothing. Victor Anderson will be the only bright spot for UL for the next two years.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I think they win the Big East in 3 or 4 years, and I think he's gone after 5. I think he replaces Urbaby Meyer in Florida or ends up at Florida State before its all said and done.

+1