Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Gentle Giant, after returning from Syracuse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.kentucky.com/ What a guy! I sure hope they all stay, leaving becomes a job, not playing for fun, and not put on a pedastal like they are here.

All the players have said that their emotions are too raw to make any decisions right now. They are just going to finish their semesters, and enjoy their teammates. If they leave, you will usually find them at Hillbilly Days, every year in Pikeville, Ky. Those that are there have decided to make the jump. If they decide to leave, they are allowed to make money and they attend this festival for pictures, autographs. For a fee. Pikeville is a small town of about 6,000, but attracts 150,000 to this annual event to raise money for the Shriner's Children's Hospital. This event will take place April 15, 16 and 17. People come from as far away as Canada to help support this so that people will help raise money for the hospital. Pikeville seats a 7,000 seat arena in the middle of town and Hank Williams Jr. will be playing that night.
We poke a little fun at ourselves, but for a good cause.
mrsportsfan Wrote:http://www.kentucky.com/ What a guy! I sure hope they all stay, leaving becomes a job, not playing for fun, and not put on a pedastal like they are here.

All the players have said that their emotions are too raw to make any decisions right now. They are just going to finish their semesters, and enjoy their teammates. If they leave, you will usually find them at Hillbilly Days, every year in Pikeville, Ky. Those that are there have decided to make the jump. If they decide to leave, they are allowed to make money and they attend this festival for pictures, autographs. For a fee. Pikeville is a small town of about 6,000, but attracts 150,000 to this annual event to raise money for the Shriner's Children's Hospital. This event will take place April 15, 16 and 17. People come from as far away as Canada to help support this so that people will help raise money for the hospital. Pikeville seats a 7,000 seat arena in the middle of town and Hank Williams Jr. will be playing that night.
We poke a little fun at ourselves, but for a good cause.
i miss hillbilly days
Come visit again friend, you'll never believe how much the place has changed. Our Expo center has already hosted, Kid Rock, Carrie Underwood, (April 3) Daughtry, Alan Jackson, Three Doors Down, Journey, Hank has been here before, Loretta Lynn, her homeplace is an hour from here. There has been music for the teens, not sure who they are, they can though. Martina McBride, just love her. It goes on and on.

Alot of people as you know enjoy the crafts, and the food. The kids love the carnival and just hanging out, the cell phone reception gets jammed because of the kids on the cells with their friends, parade starts on Saturday at 2:00. Come back and join us, I have autographed photos of Tayshaun Prince and pictures of him with my son. Not to mention other UK players, but he was one of my favs, next to some this year.
So when is this? I'd really like to get a picture with Cousins or Wall.
mrsportsfan Wrote:Come visit again friend, you'll never believe how much the place has changed. Our Expo center has already hosted, Kid Rock, Carrie Underwood, (April 3) Daughtry, Alan Jackson, Three Doors Down, Journey, Hank has been here before, Loretta Lynn, her homeplace is an hour from here. There has been music for the teens, not sure who they are, they can though. Martina McBride, just love her. It goes on and on.

Alot of people as you know enjoy the crafts, and the food. The kids love the carnival and just hanging out, the cell phone reception gets jammed because of the kids on the cells with their friends, parade starts on Saturday at 2:00. Come back and join us, I have autographed photos of Tayshaun Prince and pictures of him with my son. Not to mention other UK players, but he was one of my favs, next to some this year.

i just left 2 yrs ago, all that was there
It's April 15, 16, 17. The let's say (local city government found a way, while no one was looking, to pass an ordinance to build a new courthouse. So the Pinson Hotel all the way to where the Weddington Theatre, Smart Shop was, across from the Old Dawahare's is now gone, to be finished being demolished for, a third Justice Building, in time for Hillbilly Days. Construction will start afterwards. All the history is gone. Let me tell you it wasn't pretty around here. Rutherford is running against Bill Deskins again. We'll see who wins. Heck there are no more Dawahare store anywhere.
Alot of people don't know that Zebulon Pike, founded Pikeville, and named it after him. There is a plaque in the park. He also founded Pike's Peak in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Small world, I was born on the Ft. Carson army base in Colorado Springs, and now reside in Pikeville.