Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (1) Kentucky 62 - (12) Cornell 45 (NCAA - Sweet 16)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Athletes > Mathletes
where is theville? he made a good prediction. he took cornell in a nail biter. haha. only nail bitin was me on the couch getting bored, so therefor i was biting my nails. cornell had no chance in that game. especially if they woulda called it for UK like they did for Cornell. they got all the touch foul calls and we cant even get an intentional call on a throwdown. pathetic.
greenstuff22 Wrote:where is theville? he made a good prediction. he took cornell in a nail biter. haha. only nail bitin was me on the couch getting bored, so therefor i was biting my nails. cornell had no chance in that game. especially if they woulda called it for UK like they did for Cornell. they got all the touch foul calls and we cant even get an intentional call on a throwdown. pathetic.

Yeah, I love how Cousins gets body-slammed and HE is the one with the bad temper reputation? Come on now. And how is that not intentional?

Whatever, I'm glad we won and the only thing that could have made it better was if UK had won by 30+.
So much for all that Cornell hype.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Yeah, I love how Cousins gets body-slammed and HE is the one with the bad temper reputation? Come on now. And how is that not intentional?

Whatever, I'm glad we won and the only thing that could have made it better was if UK had won by 30+.

Possibly worst non-intentional call in history.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Possibly worst non-intentional call in history.

Jay Bilas absolutely dogged those refs for not making that call. I've never heard an announcer be the hard on the officials for something they didn't agree with, but that was pitiful.
UK plays below average game and still wins by 17. This was a boring game, refs did not allow any flow in the game. The refs did not cause UK to play bad, but I do not think they called a very good game for either team. You win and move on; I do not think WV will give UK a very good game if will play like we are capable of playing. Saturday night can not get here quick enough!
Big Blue always beats Big Red! Big Grin
Kentucky played about as good of defense as possible. Cornell actually matched up with us, as Foote cause a lot of problems for us down low, keeping our guards from driving mostly. Cornell has a very good team, we kept Whitman from ever getting off a clean shot and done a pretty good job on Dale as well.

On to WVU... Go Cats!
UK should have won by much much more.
They go 2/16 from deep.
16/26 from the line.
They won't beat WVU with those #'s. WVU has a lot of athlets and is a much better team than Cornell.
On a positive not, the first half was the best 20 minutes of defense UK has played all year.
No matter how many negatives you take from the game, UK won, and that's all that matters. Survive and advance.
Easy.
Aslan Wrote:UK should have won by much much more.
They go 2/16 from deep.
16/26 from the line.
They won't beat WVU with those #'s. WVU has a lot of athlets and is a much better team than Cornell.
On a positive not, the first half was the best 20 minutes of defense UK has played all year.
No matter how many negatives you take from the game, UK won, and that's all that matters. Survive and advance.

Just so u know. WVU is an defensive team as well.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Just so u know. WVU is an defensive team as well.

Obviously.
Cornell is the most boring team to every make the sweet 16 in history. They never planed on winning against UK at all. They basically played to not get blown out. Walking the ball up every possession, running the shot clock down to a couple of seconds and then shooting a long 3. LOL they put UK, the refs, fans, coaches and themselves to sleep with their offense.

All of this and they still get beat by 17

go CatS
UK did what they needed to. They dominated the game in the paint.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Cornell is the most boring team to every make the sweet 16 in history. They never planed on winning against UK at all. They basically played to not get blown out. Walking the ball up every possession, running the shot clock down to a couple of seconds and then shooting a long 3. LOL they put UK, the refs, fans, coaches and themselves to sleep with their offense.

go CatS

Not quite. Apparently you never saw Princeton play?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Not quite. Apparently you never saw Princeton play?
With two exceptions, Northern Iowa is flat out the most boring team in America. Cornell couldnt find its shot, and was at least making a game of it when they came within 6, but I remember Princeton almost knocking off #1 seed Georgetown as a 16 back in '89, losing 50-49, and beating out UCLA (who was a 4 I believe) right after the Bruins won a national title. That old offense won Princeton a lot of game, much like Northern Iowas. Just makes for some yawners at times, lol..
Im right here! I havent saw uk play that great of defense all season! UK really put the pressure to cornell, in which i didnt see coming! Actually it was a nailbiter with a minute and half to go...Had cornell got any, ANY open looks they would have played it close...I mean this team can really lite it up...UK just dominated the inside, I think we all saw that one coming though! Again congrats to UK on the elite 8 appearance and congrats to Cornell on a great season
The Iceboxx Wrote:Cornell is the most boring team to every make the sweet 16 in history. They never planed on winning against UK at all. They basically played to not get blown out. Walking the ball up every possession, running the shot clock down to a couple of seconds and then shooting a long 3. LOL they put UK, the refs, fans, coaches and themselves to sleep with their offense.

go CatS
n
So if you were a coach for cornell, you would have tried to run and gun? I liked there game plan and had they hit the 3 like they normally do we would be talking about a different game! I disagree i think cornell on any other night was one of the most fun team to watch..
congrats to the cats
What if that would of been Cousins doing the body slamming? He would of been ejected and would of had to sit out saturday's game too, totally ridiculous no call on the officials part. Now Duke tonight will get every call for the whinner Coach K and the Pukies. They got the easiest bracket, get all the calls, and don't deserve any of it.
To qoute D Cuz. This was indeed "a basketball game, not a spelling bee." I think that UK played a great game against the nations darling. I think that the defense is and will continue to be key in these victories. I love that the team is now off the cinderella bandwagon team and can focus just on the game. Patterson had a great game, maybe not the most points but his intensity and defense was great. The came in and took care of business, pushed the skinny tall kids of Cornell around and took it to their defense in the first half. Look to continue rolling!! Go big blue!