Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky/Cornell Comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, have you ever seen a game where UK fans were outnumbered. Look at all the RED in the stadium
NO WAY was that a charge on Wall
Cornell is very Caucasian
Cuz should be unstoppable if they continue to feed him down low
Uh-oh, Cornell can Shoot the trey. Randy Wittman I remember from indiana a long time ago
Cornell came into the game as a 3 point shooting team. Will CAL make an adjustment!
Former UK player Mark Coury in now for Cornell
Finally the Cats have a chance to take the lead
Cats can score anytime they want when they get it inside
Orton was at the top of the box on that block
cats are rolling now, no 3 in the last 14minutes
Cats will dominate second half and win by 20+
did any one wear Patterson say this is no spelling bee this is a basketball game,lol
^ I missed that
Down to an 8 point game
These announcers are on drugs. They have called the names wrong all night.
how do you not call that an intentional foul
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:how do you not call that an intentional foul

blind,lol
they have played horrible, they play like this against WV they will lose..
cuppett777 Wrote:did any one wear Patterson say this is no spelling bee this is a basketball game,lol

I thought Cuz said that? Anyway, Wasnt quite a 20 point win like I predicted, but we won, so Im happy.. On to WVU.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am usually a pretty cautious UK fan and this game seems to be the upset flavor of the week.....

With that said I am going to make a bold predicition and say UK wins this by 15+ points!

Let's get away from "who played who", "Senior leadership", "homecourt advantage", and look at the fact that from roster spot 1-10 there is not a single position where you would take a Cornell player over a UK player. UK has 2 All-Americans and 4 players projected in the NBA Draft's Lottery at the moment. UK has arguably the best PG and best player in the country. UK has a size, speed, athleticism, and strength advantage at essentially every position.

Northern Iowa beat Kansas thanks to timely clutch shooting, equivolant presence in the paint, and above all else DEFENSE. Northern Iowa is one of the Top 3 defensive teams in the country, Cornell is not. Cornell is a very prolific offense, but they are far from the ball control, tempo controlling offense that Northern Iowa used. For the fast tempo and the high point total UK scores they are pound for pound one of the best defensive teams in the country. People forget that. As good as UK's offense looked against Wake Forest their defense was all the more impressive.

Cornell will fight with Kentucky for a while and keep it close for a Half. But expect UK to slowly build on a lead until the end when they are able to open the game up a bit.

Cornell's only hope is early foul trouble for Cousins, UK to be ice cold from 3, and for Wall and Bledsoe to try and force the pace. This could happen, but that is the ONLY way Cornell upsets UK.

It's hard always being right...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:It's hard always being right...

You wouldn't brag, would you? :biggrin:

Seriously, solid prediction.
Cousins said the "spelling bee" comment. On a side note, all you folks that said KY wouldn't make it to the elite eight this year start cooking your crow. You were one of them Dusty. :dontthink
outdoorsman43 Wrote:You wouldn't brag, would you? :biggrin:

Seriously, solid prediction.
:biggrin:
HAHA

Actually... when theVille picked Cornell to win I knew we had this locked up...we'll just say I don't think I ever will be asking Ville for help filling out a bracket. Confusedhh:
Reanimate Wrote:I thought Cuz said that? Anyway, Wasnt quite a 20 point win like I predicted, but we won, so Im happy.. On to WVU.

Cuz did say it and we have a thread on here with the video.