Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How bad do you hate your school's rivals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know UK fans outnumber other fans on here by a huge margin, but this is for everybody, not just UK fans...

I was thinking the other day about how crazy I get over UK, and I was just wondering if anyone else is like that. I mean I have done crazy things, I'll name a few...

-I refuse to say or type Louisville because I want to degrade them as much as I can, I usually put "loserville" or "that other Kentucky team". I also never capitolize it. I did in this case just as an example and that is the only reason.

-I got into a huge fight with my girlfriend because she said she like North Carolina's arena, and I made her leave. I later regretted that.

-I've gotten into many fights with fans from other teams...at Rupp I got into a fight at the loserville game this year in the smoking area with 2 UofL fans and kicked the **** out of them both. At the away Tennesee in Knoxville this year I got into a brawl with 5 guys and girls, lol, in the parking lot after the game. I started it because they wouldn't shut the **** up, I was so mad. Anyway, I got the **** kicked out of me in that one.

-Also, I've been in countless fights at Fort Campbell and Fort Knox with UT, Kansas, UNC and UCONN fans while we were playing them, and some other fans for just hating on us period.

I don't like beating on people usually, but, I'll do anything for UK.
Im a UK basketball fan yes, but NOTHING compares to Alabama and Pittsburgh Steelers football. There is no comparison when it comes to my love for both of those teams. I have literally fought my way out of Neyland Stadium in 2002 after we blew out tennessee 34-14, snapping a six game losing streak to the most hated team in my universe. I absolutely, without hesitation, HATE and LOATHE the tennessee volunteers. I will never, ever root for them. In 1998, with all most everybody in the SEC rooting for them over Florida State, I wore one of my brothers FSU hats. I have no loyalty to the SEC when it comes to tennessee. Phill-up Full-moo, that rat ******* snitch, got us put on probation in 2002, and the hatred boiled over to an alltime high, so I made it a point to go to Neyland Stadium, and let him, and 100,000+ of those inbred, pumpkin orange clad nobodies hear it. That was one of the highlights of my life. Being 10 feet away from Fullmer and calling him a lowlife fat rat******* snitch may not make Bama lore, but it sure made me feel better. There is nothing I wouldnt do for my Tide and my Steelers. I would pee in tennessee's gatorade. I would club whatever underachieving failure is playing quarterback for them. I would send Christmas cards to all their fans and players, while forging Lane Kiffins signature. I would drive a loaded sewer truck and dump it all over their field. I would unscrew every nut and bolt holding those seats together. I would kidnap the referee, steal his uniform, and call a penalty every single play, encouraging their opponent to cheat and play dirty. I would sabotage that stupid coaches show (that sucks anyways) by putting "ut sucks ut sucks ut sucks" on the teleprompter. I would repaint the orange checkers crimson in their endzone. I think you all get the picture. It is hatred. Unmatched hatred. Yeah I hate Auburn too, but nothing compares to how I feel for tennessee.
Well I'm a fan of all Kentucky schools in every sport, Lville being #1, UK a close two, so I always root for both.
I hate every team in the SEC, espcially Florida.
I hate UCONN, UNC, Duke.
I hate Ohio State in everything, idk why, but there probably my hated school. I'm also a Michigan fan in football Big Grin
Hate? Really, Hate. I root against, but do I truly have such an emotional feeling as hate? No, I don't take it that serious, nor do I take my self that serious to HATE another team, school, player, coach, etc... I love to debate, I love to defend, I love to call out the other team, but seriously, to get that emotionally attached that I hate another team is a little too psycho-analytical to me.
I guess I'm psycho-analytical then. I truly hate the teams I stated above.

You think it might be where I'm younger than you? I was born into a UK loving home and watched it since I remember watching anything. Are you from EKY or we're you raise in a less UK loving enviroment?
Stardust Wrote:Hate? Really, Hate. I root against, but do I truly have such an emotional feeling as hate? No, I don't take it that serious, nor do I take my self that serious to HATE another team, school, player, coach, etc... I love to debate, I love to defend, I love to call out the other team, but seriously, to get that emotionally attached that I hate another team is a little too psycho-analytical to me.

True. Hate is to strong of a word.
I dont hate any program! I dislike uk and some of there fans, as well as duke...I dislike all sec teams besides SC, and thats because i like darren horn and deavan downey! I like Ohio St in basketball and i am a michigan Football fan as well aslan
I truly hate Louisville and Tennessee.

I dislike Duke, UNC, and Indiana.
Huge Ky Fan, Been in countless arguments and skirmishes with UNC And Duke Fans.

YOu guys says hates a strong word? lol.

OK I Hate-

Basketball- UNC, DUKE,

Football- USC,

I Despise ohio state.
vundy33 Wrote:I guess I'm psycho-analytical then. I truly hate the teams I stated above.

You think it might be where I'm younger than you? I was born into a UK loving home and watched it since I remember watching anything. Are you from EKY or we're you raise in a less UK loving enviroment?

Lol - born into a UK loving Home. Who in the last 50 years in the state of KY wasn't? Who in the State of KY has not watched UK basketball since there was a television. Sorry, UK basketball didn't start when you were born :Thumbs: I have no idea what living in EKY has to do with it. UK fans are just as diehard in ALL locations of the state. There are UK billboards in Louisville, so I truly don't get the reference to local....
i hate tennesse and louisvillle
I pretty much hate every team. Louisville and UNC and Duke now more than any other though.
I hate

Basketball-Lville, Duke, UNC, Kansas

Football-Lville, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan.

I like

Basketball-UK!!!!, Tenn, Nova, SEC teams.

Football-UK!!!!, Wisconsin, Florida, SEC teams besides Tennessee
Stardust Wrote:Lol - born into a UK loving Home. Who in the last 50 years in the state of KY wasn't? Who in the State of KY has not watched UK basketball since there was a television. Sorry, UK basketball didn't start when you were born :Thumbs: I have no idea what living in EKY has to do with it. UK fans are just as diehard in ALL locations of the state. There are UK billboards in Louisville, so I truly don't get the reference to local....

My bad, I meant say "are you not from KY", I was typing an email that included alot of EKY's, lol.

I've just talked to alot of my aunts and uncles and older relatives and they've told me that UK fans weren't this crazy back then. But, I guess that comes with the times.
I don't hate any team. I just want to see Duke and Louisville whipped everytime UK plays them.
Okay..since were breaking it down like that..
College-
Hate-
Tennessee

Border Dislike/Hate-
Auburn
Virginia Tech

Dislike-
Miami (The Who)
Florida State
The entire Pac-10 with the exception of Stanford
Florida
Ohio State
Duke
North Carolina
Louisville
Georgetown U.

Pro football-
HATE-
Dallas Cowboys
Cincy Bengals
Baltimore Ravens
Oakland Raiders
Cleveland Browns
Tennessee Titans
New England Patriots

Dislike-
Philadelphia Eagles
SF 49ers
Indianapolis Colts

Baseball-
HATE-
Atlanta Braves

Dislike-
Chicago Cubs
New York Mets

Hockey-
Hate-
Detroit Red Wings

Dislike-
Philadelphia Flyers
Washington Capitols
vundy33 Wrote:My bad, I meant say "are you not from KY", I was typing an email that included alot of EKY's, lol.

I've just talked to alot of my aunts and uncles and older relatives and they've told me that UK fans weren't this crazy back then. But, I guess that comes with the times.

Media attention was not like this 25 years ago where you have internet blogs, weekly television shows, public posting sites that all feeds the attention. But loyalty is no different than what it was when I was growing up.
Hate-Tennessee, WVU, Southern Cal, USC, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Duke, Florida, and Michigan.

Football- Kentucky-Alababma-LSU-Penn State- Washington- Nebraska - Florida State - Cinncinnatti.

Basketball- Kentucky
Growing up in this little area of WV, I learned to love the Mountaineers, Pirates and Steelers via my grandfather. The late "Voice of the Mountaineers" Jack Fleming taught us all how to hate Pitt.
I just added WVU to my list for the weekend...
Add Michigan St to the list. They've ended UL and UK's seasons this decade and those loses still sting. Love Tom Izzo, dislike Michigan St.
Stardust Wrote:Lol - born into a UK loving Home. Who in the last 50 years in the state of KY wasn't? Who in the State of KY has not watched UK basketball since there was a television. Sorry, UK basketball didn't start when you were born :Thumbs: I have no idea what living in EKY has to do with it. UK fans are just as diehard in ALL locations of the state. There are UK billboards in Louisville, so I truly don't get the reference to local....

I was lucky enough to be born into a Tennessee lovin', Kentucky hatin' household in the state of Kentucky. There are only a few teams that I flat out hate. Florida, Kentucky, Alabama, and Georgia would top that list. I hate Florida more than anybody, due to the football rivalry and their jacka$$ fans. Kentucky would be a close second.
I don't hate any team that doesn't play dirty or illegally recruit. Battle them on floor within rules of game,not trying to hurt anyone, and be friends after it's over.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:I hate

Basketball-Lville, Duke, UNC, Kansas

Football-Lville, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan.

I like

Basketball-UK!!!!, Tenn, Nova, SEC teams.

Football-UK!!!!, Wisconsin, Florida, SEC teams besides Tennessee

add west virginia to the list of hate.
I can say without a doubt that I literally hate West Virginia. They pull all that **** out of their ***, hack us to death and don't get called for it, and run their mouths the whole game. I can't stand them. And personally, I don't care what anyone has to say about my post. I'm a very hot-headed person at times and right now is one of those times.
if any of these teams were riding on a train, i would do my best to de-rail it. Duke,North Carolina,UCLA,Tennessee,Michigan State,Kansas. and now, WVU. just because they dug that win straight out of there ***. and they will never in there lives shoot that good again. especially when a player that can pass for a chimpanzee hits 3 or 4 three's. aka the jones guy. and mazzulla, who can't play in a sandbox, scores 20. that just makes me hate them, simple as that.
Not so much hate from me anymore. Used too, not so much now. I "quietly" root against teams, but not out loud. At some point, I just felt small cheering so hard for someone to lose.

I got an eye opener this year by attending my first girls basketball state tournament at Diddle. Honestly, I was shocked at the cheers, signs and etiquette I saw from the fans of many schools. Maybe it's like that at all basketball games, I don't know, I haven't that attended many outside the friendly confines of our gym. I do know that our kids would be suspended if caught doing the stuff we saw. I just assumed it was that was everywhere, until the state tourney.
I hate XU bad enough that I'm cheering against thier WOMEN'S TEAM.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:I hate XU bad enough that I'm cheering against thier WOMEN'S TEAM.

Now that's some strong hatred. :Thumbs:
Hate isn't that strong of a word to me.

With that said, I hate West Virginia to the core.
Pages: 1 2