Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jay Bilas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it just me or does anyone else hate this guy? He picked Cornell to go to the elite eight before the tournament started and I think he still is and besides that, he has been against UK and on Kansas's bandwagon the whole season. Even when he does UK games, he usually has something to say about them. But in the first 2 rounds of the tourney, he was kissing UK's ***. I wish whoever is in charge would find someone else to do our games. That or just have Bilas go away :flush:, that would be even better.
I love Jay Bilas. He's the most unbiased person on ESPN. He disses Duke more than anyone else and thats where he played at.
And BTW every media member was on the Kansas bandwagon.
Aslan Wrote:I love Jay Bilas. He's the most unbiased person on ESPN. He disses Duke more than anyone else and thats where he played at.
And BTW every media member was on the Kansas bandwagon.

:Thumbs:
ESPN loves DUKE, They hate UK ( everyone except Andy Katz, J-Dykes)
Before the KU vs. Nothern Iowa game, Rece Davis ask Digger Phelps if NIU had any chance at beating KU, after KU struggled with Leheigh........Phelps responds with "not a chance, wrong place wrong time for Northern Iowa, that KU was gonna roll them".....The next night on College Gameday scoreboard....Phelps loves NIU the whole show.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Before the KU vs. Nothern Iowa game, Rece Davis ask Digger Phelps if NIU had any chance at beating KU, after KU struggled with Leheigh........Phelps responds with "not a chance, wrong place wrong time for Northern Iowa, that KU was gonna roll them".....The next night on College Gameday scoreboard....Phelps loves NIU the whole show.

Keep in mind, these guys are in the entertainment business, not the business of prediction. If I had to bet, I'd say 99% of the country thought KU was going to win that game as well. I know I sure didn't have NIU in the Sweet 16 in my bracket.

Bilas irked me with his comments about Cornell too, but that was before UK started playing like world-beaters in this tournament.

Overall though, Bilas really isn't that bad.
I enjoy listening to Jay Bilas also.

He's very unbiased.
Further proof that a handful of Uk fans would hate every media member if they didn't go out of their way to pronounce UK as the end all, be all, of college sports. I especially loved all the people who were so mad at Jimmy Dykes this year. Dykes basically worships the ground UK walks on and people were complaining that he hated UK.

Bilas is the best in the business. Would you rather have Billy Packer calling UK games still?
I just listened to him say that Cornell is just a flat-out better team than UK. Ehhh...
I like Jay Bilas, he's one of the better analysts out there in my opinion.
Jay Bilas did have Cornell beating Kentucky before the NCAA Tournament started. On Mike&Mike's radio show yesterday he changed his prediction after "seeing them up close and personal."

I also think Jay Bilas is the best college basketball analyst at ESPN along with Andy Katz.
Don't forget Dickie V also picked UK. He is always been a UK fan.
he also said Cornell could beat UK,but i heard him say that UK had the better team and most talent..he was just stating with there shooting they could do some damage.. and they possible could..you cant fault him for that..
Dicky V picked UK to win the whole thing!!!

The worst at ESPN is Pat Forde....he hates UK, he hates Cal...and he lives in, and worships U of L.
Just because Jay bilas doesnt worship the ground calapari and the wildcats walk on you hate him???Thats kind of biased to me! Not everyone is going to jump on theuk badwagon...At the start of the tourney Jay picked cornell in his elite 8 as everyon else or had them getting beat first or second round...Cornell is playing uk thursday we shall see...I like jay bilas...i mean unlike every oher commentator he doest say Kentucky every other breathe he takes!
i can handle jay bilas but my favorite would probably be Doug Gottlieb he one of the most knowledgable guys IMO and he is very unbias
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Further proof that a handful of Uk fans would hate every media member if they didn't go out of their way to pronounce UK as the end all, be all, of college sports. I especially loved all the people who were so mad at Jimmy Dykes this year. Dykes basically worships the ground UK walks on and people were complaining that he hated UK.

Bilas is the best in the business. Would you rather have Billy Packer calling UK games still?

Jay Bilas definitely is the best in the business, but it does make me upset sometimes when he dogs Duke.
beasy_bo Wrote:i can handle jay bilas but my favorite would probably be Doug Gottlieb he one of the most knowledgable guys IMO and he is very unbias

He is biases at all is he??:eyeroll:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Jay Bilas definitely is the best in the business, but it does make me upset sometimes when he dogs Duke.
He dogs Duke when they need to be dogged. It is just all other analysts still praise them even when they are bad. Bilas is usually the most unbiased guy out there. He calls it like he sees it.

And whoever said Doug Gottlieb was second best must never listen to him. He flip-flops more then a fish out of water.
theVILLE Wrote:He is biases at all is he??:eyeroll:

Man how old are you, 13? Are you Iraqi or something? Your english is horrible...lol.

Anyway, I hate Jay Bilas.

But, then again, I hate anything and anyone that has anything to do with Duke or loserville.
vundy33 Wrote:Man how old are you, 13? Are you Iraqi or something? Your english is horrible...lol.

Anyway, I hate Jay Bilas.

But, then again, I hate anything and anyone that has anything to do with Duke or loserville.

Haha! no im not 13..im actually home with broncitis! I thing it just anyone that doesnt worship uk in every breathe, that is the people you hate
theVILLE Wrote:Haha! no im not 13..im actually home with broncitis! I thing it just anyone that doesnt worship uk in every breathe, that is the people you hate

I dont hate Cuse or MSU or OSU fans, I just hate everything about Duke and loserville. I dont even hate Tennessee or UNC fans, I just hate the teams.

BTW, what part of the state do you live in?
I don't expect people to worship UK, I was just stating that I didn't like Jay Bilas. Who was it that said Dickie V has always been a UK fan? Whoever it was must be stoned, because Dickie V hasn't always been a UK fan. He's only a fan when they are winning like this year. Where was he when they were horrible the last few years? He was suckin on coach k and roy williams, thats what he was doing, same as always. Anytime UK is doing good, people come out and try to accuse them of doing something illegal or some bull**** like that. I admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of UK during the last two years especially, not with the drunk retard coaching, but I was still a fan nonetheless.
Dickie V loves duke to death. But from the get go he has had UK cutting the nets.
Bilas is the BEST analyst in college basketball. He is fair and tells it squarely as it is. The reason why people don't like his is that he does not always say the favorable thing. I love this guy just as I do Stephen A Smith for NBA.
Stardust Wrote:Bilas is the BEST analyst in college basketball. He is fair and tells it squarely as it is. The reason why people don't like his is that he does not always say the favorable thing. I love this guy just as I do Stephen A Smith for NBA.
He is fine unless you are white.
vundy33 Wrote:I dont hate Cuse or MSU or OSU fans, I just hate everything about Duke and loserville. I dont even hate Tennessee or UNC fans, I just hate the teams.

BTW, what part of the state do you live in?

Eastern Ky
My god and you're a Louisville fan.

I should bend you over my knee and spank you!!!

You actually bleed blue, literally, like all of us do. You will come around soon enough danielson.
Amun-Ra Wrote:He is fine unless you are white.

Wow, you are not serious are you? They same guy that blasts OJ! the same guy that absolutely called out Milton Bradley as a moron because of his racial comments towards Chicago fans! the same guy that constantly argues with his african american callers who try to sell issues as racial! NO CHANCE he is racist or prejiduced, NONE!
Stardust Wrote:Wow, you are not serious are you? They same guy that blasts OJ! the same guy that absolutely called out Milton Bradley as a moron because of his racial comments towards Chicago fans! the same guy that constantly argues with his african american callers who try to sell issues as racial! NO CHANCE he is racist or prejiduced, NONE!

he also blasted Tiger
Pages: 1 2