Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Enes Kanter Commits to UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let the Michael Scott jokes begin! Evan Daniels of Scout.com is reporting Enes Kanter has committed to Kentucky. The 6′11″ Turkish big man has been a late arrival on the recruiting scene and originally committed to Washington way back when. But now Daniels says he has cast his lot with UK today. According to Daniels, who has been high on this kid from the moment he arrived, Kanter has the complete skill package and is a big man who can do it all. He is not really the typical Euro big man that stays on the outside. According to Daniels, he likes to mix it up down low and can be a force on the post.

The issue with Kanter will be his eligibility to play next year. He played in Europe and will likely have to deal with his status there and his amateurism here. There have been some rule changes to make it easier for players to come to America and play college basketball and Kanter turned down a number of pro offers in Europe to come play college basketball here. He believes playing for Calipari is the way to the promised land and if this year’s draft class is any indication, he is correct.

A big get for Kentucky and someone who will fill many needs when he gets to Lexington. Plus Jorts hosted him on his visit. You cant beat it.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=47897
What is this guy ranked? Is he in the Top 100?
lwc Wrote:What is this guy ranked? Is he in the Top 100?

Rivals.com has him 5*
This is a big pickup us
Jerry Meyer of Rivals said in his weekly mailbag that when revised rankings comes out he expects Kanter to be in the Top 25.
FWIW, it is officially confirmed by Kanters coach on every recruiting site now.
Sounds like another amazing pickup for Calipari!
Wow, what a great sign for Kentucky. This big man is flat out raw and will dominate next year for his one season at UK.
He actually has not been said to be raw but a very polished big man as most Europe centers are. He can rebound like mad and tends to rotate around the arc. He will be around 10-15 and I think he is a big time position fulfillment for the loss of Cousins and Patterson.
Europe big men are good players. Shoot the J, rebound, the whole 9 yards.
Big Grin
Great pick up for the cats, Enes looks like he is huge comapared to what he looked like when i first started hearing about hm. He doesnt look awkward at all, and seems to be a great snag for cal.

Another 5* big for UK, Coach Cal isnt just just known for great PG's. He is soon gonna be known for his big men. Patterson, Cousins, Orton and now Kanter
Looks like a typical Euro player in his highlight vids. But can he play defense against legit competition? That's my worry.

I think we can all agree that he is a one and done.
great pickup, wll the cats get anymore bigs, or will he and orton play 2gether?
Sounds like he will make a good player. Usually players from oversea are awesome at free throws, anyone notice that? So if he is as good as predicted, big, and can shoot, he could be a force for UK.
He has two offers to play for money from the Euro leagues. One is something like 6 million, but he decides to commit to UK!!!!!!

Cal and Kentucky are going Global, I just hope we win the title this season.
this is going to help us to fill in some spots and hopefully orton will benfit by this too!
beasy_bo Wrote:this is going to help us to fill in some spots and hopefully orton will benfit by this too!

Kanter and Orton would be a great combo down in the paint. I would love to see that work out next year with Bledsoe running the point.