Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WVU vs UK: Collision Course!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still one hurdle for each school, but looks like Saturday is D-Day!!!!
Then we can shut all those WVU fans up if this game happens
CardinalAlum Wrote:Then we can shut all those WVU fans up if this game happens

:Thumbs:
The way UK is playing, I wouldn't be too excited to play them if I was WVU, heck, as a Duke fan I'm not excited to possibly meet them in the Final 4.
West Virginia will be a tough game for Wildcats for sure if we both win Thursday as I expect. I think UK can win against West Virginia but it certainly won't be easy. Not that you would expect a regional final to be easy.
West Virginia needs to find conistsent PG play and an extra big man in a hurry!
I think this matchup is very interesting, as it imposes matchup problems for each team. WVU has no one to match up with Cousins bu UK has no one to match up against Butler, I think it is a toss-up with UK having the slight advantage.
Anyone know if or when these two have met in the past?
Ky is redefining "On Fire"
charliez Wrote:Anyone know if or when these two have met in the past?
Ky is redefining "On Fire"

they met last year and UK beat them
That shows how much I payed attention last yr for that matter last few yrs.
To Billyball.
Before that I can't remember them playing.
Good lord let's not be predicting winners on games that don't exist yet...

Don't jinx us!!!

And, you never know, John Wall might be reading this and get a little relaxed about playing Cornell...:dontthink
Exactly, let's win the first one first.
Guy's we better not overlook Cornell, let's take it one game at a time.
Ehh, uks got it goin in there favor ands gonna take it all.
Plus WV Who has to beat a hot Washington team first. I think UK has more weapons than WV Who, but on that one night the 'Eers are very capable.
I think these teams will meet Saturday. I'd be surprised if UK lost to Cornell with UK's ability to feed Patterson and Cousins all we need to do is contain their shooters. Washington may cause West Virginia some problems but I don't think they'll beat them.
If UK and West Virginia meet it should be a good game. I give UK a slight edge but loss is certainly possible too. IF UK plays as well as they can they should win.
if they do meet up then this will defiently be the game of the NCAA tourney
I think it will be like a windshield of an 18 wheeler and a bug colliding. By the way, UK would be the 18 wheeler.
Cant wait to see it. But They have to get by a surging Washington team.
IF they meet, it will be a good game. WVU played against good competition all year and they play everyone close good or bad. I'd much rather play Duke than WVU. Still can't figure out how the **** there the 2 seed in UK's region.
Aslan Wrote:IF they meet, it will be a good game. WVU played against good competition all year and they play everyone close good or bad. I'd much rather play Duke than WVU. Still can't figure out how the **** there the 2 seed in UK's region.

Agreed. I really can not see how Duke got the 3rd number one in front of a team like Syracuse and WVU
Westside Wrote:I think it will be like a windshield of an 18 wheeler and a bug colliding. By the way, UK would be the 18 wheeler.

Lol!Good post.:Thumbs::Thumbs:
We beat WVU last year with the worst team we have had in a longggggggg time they don't worry me it could very well be another wake forest game.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:We beat WVU last year with the worst team we have had in a longggggggg time they don't worry me it could very well be another wake forest game.

Very true! lol Oh Billy, he got that one right.
Cornell scares me more than WVU!
Westside Wrote:I think it will be like a windshield of an 18 wheeler and a bug colliding. By the way, UK would be the 18 wheeler.

Truer words were never uttered any better than from a Marshall fan. The Herd has been a bug stain on WVU's windshield since Bobby Pruett uttered the now infamous "if yer skeered, get a dawg" quote.
I saw on tv that one of WVU players broke his foot today in practice any one know about this
As I said...if WVU wants to beat UK they better develop more steady PG play and find an extra big man in a hurry. Guess what? The PG play just got a whole lot more difficult.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Truer words were never uttered any better than from a Marshall fan. The Herd has been a bug stain on WVU's windshield since Bobby Pruett uttered the now infamous "if yer skeered, get a dawg" quote.

You got me there. By the way I root for the WVU football team when they aren't playing Marshall. I wear my WVU cap all the time and don't even own a UK cap. I just think UK is a lot better than WVU.