Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (1) Kentucky vs. (9) Wake Forest 3/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thoughts/predictions???
Cats by 7-10
Cats by 12. What time is this game?
KSR Said around 8 on Saturday
My Wildcats will pull this win out by around 10 or so.
I pick Kentucky but it will be a heck of a lot harder than East Tennessee State. Can't expect much in way of easy games from here on out. The Texas team they beat tonight used to be number one team in country but they had fallen a lot since then.
I do think this will be a tough game but I am glad to see Wake Forest there and not Texas. Reason being that although both those teams underachieved this year, Texas at their best is MUCH better than Wake at their best. And I was worried that we might get Texas's best shot Saturday night. Now, we don't have to worry about that.

As for Wake, they are certainly good enough to beat Kentucky if the Cats have a bad game. Wake shot decent against Texas, and outrebounded the Horns by 25 (!), including 19 offensive rebounds. However, they also committed 20 turnovers, so hopefully UK can force them into making some careless mistakes.

I also wonder if playing such an intense, physical game that went into overtime might have taken a little out of Wake. That game ended well past midnight, so the Wake players will be getting into bed pretty late tonight. Also, three Wake Forest starters played over 40 minutes in that game, whereas no one on UK played more than 31 against ETSU. I suspect that if the game is close on Saturday, tired legs may start to show themselves.

My prediction is that Wake keeps it close for a half, but UK pulls away in the last ten minutes and wins by 11.
If UK shoots like it did against ETSU, this one will be a blowout.

Come on UK!!!!! Lets get to that sweet 16

UK 77
Wake 65
The Iceboxx Wrote:If UK shoots like it did against ETSU, this one will be a blowout.
Come on UK!!!!! Lets get to that sweet 16

UK 77
Wake 65

UK won't get open looks like they did tonight the rest of the tourney.
Wake has a probably lottery pick in Aminu. He averaging pretty much 16 and 11 a game. I think it will be a close game. They have size and speed to keep up with UK and we all know how UK don't close out teams. I'm just really glad were not playing Texas.
UK 71
Wake 68
Aslan Wrote:UK won't get open looks like they did tonight the rest of the tourney.
Wake has a probably lottery pick in Aminu. He averaging pretty much 16 and 11 a game. I think it will be a close game. They have size and speed to keep up with UK and we all know how UK don't close out teams. I'm just really glad were not playing Texas.
UK 71
Wake 68

:Thumbs: But I think we will win by about 10 points, I'll say 78-68
Kentucky is a 9 point favorite against Wake. I pick the Cats by 10-14...Go Big Blue!
Game Time = 8:15 pm (Saturday)
I predict UK by 8. Aminu vs. Patterson/Cousins could be GREAT.
The title of this thread should read (9) Wake Forrest vs (1) Kentucky...Just saying.
UK by 11.
I look for another good game by the Cats,but WF is better then ETSU so I think about 12-15 point win.GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Cats. Take care of business!!
UK by 7
[quote=Captain Backdoor]The title of this thread should read (9) Wake Forrest vs (1) Kentucky...Just saying.[/Q;

:lmao:
Cats by 5...
More Cowbell Wrote:My prediction is that Wake keeps it close for a half, but UK pulls away in the last ten minutes and wins by 11.
This is my thought also. Wake will get winded in the 2nd half. KY has the same wind in the 2nd as they do in the 1st, for the biggest part. Single digit win. No more than 10.
Demon Decans Going Down Tomarrow!!!!

Go Cats!!!!! :Cheerlead
Kentucky 82-70.
This is a tougher matchup than if the Cats would have played Texas. This is the kind of game that the Cats need their three point shooitng to show up or Wake could get them
Cats by 5.
Cats get beat by 3
Stardust Wrote:This is a tougher matchup than if the Cats would have played Texas. This is the kind of game that the Cats need their three point shooitng to show up or Wake could get them

agree, thats why instead of hitting 14 against ETSU, they should have just hit 7,lol, saved some for today..