Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What's with all the empty seats at the UK/E Tenn St game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where is everybody at? Looks like there are several empty seats in the lower arena.

Did Big Blue Nation forget to show up?
ComfortEagle Wrote:Where is everybody at? Looks like there are several empty seats in the lower arena.

Looks like they have filled up now. Maybe a ticket issue or something?
I know when I went to ticketmaster selection Sunday, they only had 300 level seats available. That is why I did not go.
I guess noone wanted to see a blow out.
One thing that could be hampering the attendance is the boys high school sweet 16 tourney... Smile
From what I'm hearing, there was outstanding attendance at that!!
ComfortEagle Wrote:Where is everybody at? Looks like there are several empty seats in the lower arena.

phs1986 Wrote:One thing that could be hampering the attendance is the boys high school sweet 16 tourney... Smile
From what I'm hearing, there was outstanding attendance at that!!

I agree that the boys state tournament may be one factor, but I have another theory...

Think about how many Cat fans made the trip to Nashville last week. Now think of how many of those same fans are planning on going to Syracuse next week, assuming UK wins on Saturday. I bet a lot of those people probably couldn't swing making the trip three consecutive weekends, and decided to sit out the games in New Orleans. If we do advance, I expect a much bigger crowd for the regional games.
New Orleans is a long trip for ETSU, or UK.

The UK girls have it made, they have to travel the cross county distance all the way to........Freedom Hall lol. They should be playing a bonafide home game
Well, the UK section was not in the camera shot, but they did put the camera on them a few times and there was a bunch. I think there will be more to make the trip for tomorrow's game being on a Saturday. A 1 vs. 16 during the workweek & a 10 hour drive...Can see why attendance was down. It was a virtual home game for Texas and there was probably not more than a couple hundred there for them. Crowds will be much better tomorrow.
I'd say once we get to Syracuse next week, we'll see the Carrier Dome turn from Orange to Blue