Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Duke's Easy Path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just started this thread for anyone that wants to vent about the easy road the committee laid before Duke. They practically bent over backward to make sure that they had as easy a path to the Final Four as possible.

I just asked this in another thread, but do you think Coach K has incriminating pictures of some of the committee members? Like maybe he caught them in bed with a chimpanzee? :biggrin:
Worst job the committee has ever done. It was questionable if Duke even deserved a one seed, but getting the 3rd 1 seed over Syracuse? That's a joke. Not to mention the easiest road to the final four.
Aslan Wrote:Worst job the committee has ever done. It was questionable if Duke even deserved a one seed, but getting the 3rd 1 seed over Syracuse? That's a joke. Not to mention the easiest road to the final four.

I don't think it is that easy of a path.
I do have them in the Final 4....
but Nova is a very tough 2 seed.
Baylor could make some noise a 3 seed.
and Notre Dame can even make a run with Harangody back in the lineup.
AND DON'T FORGET ST.MARY'S!!!!! LOL
They just upset my Zags in the WCC conference.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think it is that easy of a path.

It is the easiest road but still not very easy...I have to say the committe could have given them a few more tough teams...I got Louisville beating Duke and Baylor in the final four
That is the easiest bracket, Ill agree. But I dont believe Duke will get to the final four. If, and its a BIG IF, Louisville plays to their capabilities, they CAN beat Duke in the second round, providing they beat Cal. I have Baylor coming out of that region in most of my brackets, and I wouldnt count out Villanova either..Yes, Nova and Syracuse arent playing well, but teams like them, as well as Texas, can catch fire and make a lot of noise in the tourney..
The committee was just tryin to be fair and do what was right..................

..... remember Greensboro and Charlotte couldn't host the first 4 rounds this year, so they had to make it up somehow.
i think if lville makes it they can play with them easy. samuels could go off down low but the cards would have to have a huge game from sosa
Duke did not deserve the 3rd #1 seed.
I don't think they even deserved a #1. It should have been WVU.
But not to worry because the Cards take out Coach K's boys in round 2.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think it is that easy of a path.

Pst, Nova is the worst 2 seed.
Purdue is limping in without Hummel. There the worst 4 seed. Siena is actually favored in that game.
Baylor is the 3 seed. I'm not quite sold on them.
Lville could give them a game in the second round, but there very inconsistant, so you never know what your going to get from them.
Duke is the 3rd 1 seed(should of been the 4th), yet has the easiest road to Indianapolis.
West Virginia SHOULD have been given the 3rd #1 seed behind Kansas and UK, with Syracuse the 4th #1 seed. Duke should have been the 2 seed in UK's bracket.
I'm looking forward to the potential Final Four matchup with Duke!
This is a fairly veteran Duke team isn't it? Their big man is getting better, but I do not think he is good enough to compete with a Haragody or a Samuels. If Duke's guard light it up, they can carry them far but someone will expose their weak post-play.
How did Duke wind up getting the winner of the play-in game in the first round? Isn't that winner supposed to play the top #1 in the bracket? If I am wrong, tell me...that just struck kind of odd for me.
Duke will lose to Louisville...like Pitiono...he knows what he is doing...have Villanova coming out of this bracket
Duke needs all the help it can get!
Duke got an easy road after looking at Kentucky and Kansas path. But Syracuse has the easiest out of all the 1 seeds,Pitt and K State is the only teams in there bracket with a chance
Duke got an easy path for sure but cuse got the easiest! Oh and a little fact! If louisville and duke meet, history says louisville wins...DUKE has never beat UL in the tourney!
You guys hate on Duke all the time, then you get smacked in the face with karma by getting a harder road than Duke, and continue to hate.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:West Virginia SHOULD have been given the 3rd #1 seed behind Kansas and UK, with Syracuse the 4th #1 seed. Duke should have been the 2 seed in UK's bracket.

I'm sure Calipari is more than happy to not have to deal with Duke being his possible opponent to make it to the Final 4. Duke has numerous 3-point shooters, and we all know how well UK does against teams that shoot the 3 "decently".
PC_You_Know Wrote:You guys hate on Duke all the time, then you get smacked in the face with karma by getting a harder road than Duke, and continue to hate.

It's Bluegrassrivals not bluedevilsrivals let the hate continue.
theVILLE Wrote:Duke got an easy path for sure but cuse got the easiest! Oh and a little fact! If Louisville and duke meet, history says Louisville wins...DUKE has never beat UL in the tourney!

That's right history always repeats itself!!
I hate to say this, but as much as I can't stand Louisville, I will be pulling for them when they play Duke. I guess Louisville is the lesser of two evils at this point. Good Luck Red Pigeons...Beat the Devils!
PC_You_Know Wrote:You guys hate on Duke all the time, continue to hate.

My Pleasure! :Clap:

Coach Ratface has the NCAA selection committee in his back pocket...But, hey that's ok. When the other team from Kentucky whips their butts, we'll talk about karma.
BelfryPride Wrote:My Pleasure! :Clap:

Coach Ratface has the NCAA selection committee in his back pocket...But, hey that's ok. When the other team from Kentucky whips their butts, we'll talk about karma.

:lmao:
So you UK fans would rather have Duke as your #2 seed than WVU?
BelfryPride Wrote:My Pleasure! :Clap:

Atleast we are able to have them every year, we didn't have to take a side road to the NIT.
Dukes entire bracket is easy! I actually am like theville on this one. I have Baylor in the final four, I also took richmond over nova in the second round.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So you UK fans would rather have Duke as your #2 seed than WVU?

No doubt.
PC_You_Know Wrote:So you UK fans would rather have Duke as your #2 seed than WVU?

Absolutely, and without a moment's hesitation. Duke does not match up well with Kentucky AT ALL. Way too much athleticism, and UK would kill them on the glass.
If Louisville beats CAL, the Cards are gonna oust Duke in the second round.

Duke hasnt made it past the sweet 16 since 2001.
Pages: 1 2