Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Big Sandy Alignment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
North Division

Johnson Central 8th
Belfry
Hazard
Magoffin County
Allen
Betsy Layne
Paintsville

South Division

Letcher Central
Perry Central
Adams
Leslie County
Jenkins
Allen Central
Johnson Central 7th
Will be interesting to see it play out, the North is loaded with JC 8th, Belfry, Hazard and B.L. The South has Adams, P.C. and Letcher Central I'm sure glad the playoffs will be spit up. Good luck to all teams Don't forget the 7 on 7 May 15th.

Tracy Wright
Allen Elementary
(606) 205-9203
Yes it should be interesting ! I would like to welcome Jenkins and Leslie County to the conference. Adams and JC 8th will both have a chance to defend the championships from '09 with the two different divisions for the playoffs.
We also decided to bring the 5th and 6th grade teams into the conference this season. We will have an end of the year playoff for these teams as well.

Coach Howell
Why does Johnson Central have two teams? Does that mean there will be two champs again?
JC has always fielded an 8th grade team and a 7th grade team. Yes there will be a small school and large school playoff to crown two champions. From what I understand, playoff seedings will come from a teams record in their division. I am looking forward to a great year of football.

I too would like to welcome Jenkins and Leslie County to the Big Sandy.
Great job guys. Also a super idea of adding the 5th and 6th graders. Does that mean that the Floyd County schools fielding 5th and 6th teams will be allowed to play 10 games plus the playoffs or will they have to reduce the number of games?

A big welcome to Jenkins and Leslie. When are you coming back Sheldon Clark?

Would have loved to see So. Floyd, Pikeville, Shelby Valley, and Pike Central in as well but maybe next year.
They should be permitted to play the regular schedule plus the playoffs, just like the 7th and 8th grade teams. The playoffs are not counted toward the 10 game limit.
I would have also loved to have seen South Floyd, Pikeville, Pike Central and Shelby Valley in the conference. And yes Sheldon Clark does need to get back in the conference, it's not been that long since they were winning the conference and beating everybody.

I think it's a great thing to have the 5th/6th grade teams playing in the conference. I know we struggled last year with sending our 5th/6th graders all over the state to just get games in. Now that we are doing it this way I was able to schedule 9 games Sunday and it was no problem. I already have their schedule finished up and it's just March.

It's a long way for Letcher County to travel but I do honestly feel that the Big Sandy is one of the best conferences in the state. Our coaches are dedicated and knowledgable and do a great job with their individual teams. Shoot Johnson Central was just a few brakes away from going down and representing us in lexington for the finals this season.
Great that you have the schedule already Coach Howard. When can you let us know who you got?
Thanks for the info.' I am looking forward to watching some great football beginning in August.
Good luck to all
Welcome to Jenkins and Leslie, good luck to everyone this season.
Coach Howard, you have a lot of games to schedule, but tell me what is the hardest thing about getting all those schedule together?
Will there be a Sandy Vallley Showcase scrimmage like the one last year held at Hazard?And if yes, Will there also be a 5-6th grade showcase scrimmage?
Yes it will be at Betsy Layne this year. I dont know if there will be one for 5th and 6th.