Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sleeper?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is your sleeper from each region! ( a 5 seed or lower) to make a run to the elite 8??
I got Oklahoma St. in the midwest
UTEP or BYU in the west
Cornell in the east
Richmond or louisville in the south
I don't understand why Cornell is a sleeper. What have they done? I know they have losses to Seton Hall, Syracuse, Kansas, and Penn. No good wins that I know of.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I don't understand why Cornell is a sleeper. What have they done? I know they have losses to Seton Hall, Syracuse, Kansas, and Penn. No good wins that I know of.

I agree CE. Cornell almost caught an unmotivated Kansas team off guard and many ESPN analyst such as Bobby Knight think Kansas is the best team in the field this year. If Cornell "almost" beat the mighty Jayhawks then ESPN "talking heads" automatically assumes Cornell must be great too. What they forget to mention is Cornell played out of their minds that night against what was probably a sleep walking and uninspired Kansas team. Afterall, it just Cornell, easy to overlook a descent no name like this during the regular season. Come tourney time no will be overlooking any team.

In my opinion, if Cornell hadn't of played Kansas close that night then we wouldn't be seeing people like Jay Bilas picking Cornell to the elite eight. I honestly think they lose in the first round to Temple.
I like Cornell...but they got a tough draw. Temple had the resume of a 3 seed and coming from the A-10 they will not be overlooking Cornell. If this was any other 5 seed I'd take Cornell, but Temple should win.

I am riding Siena deep into the tourney. That is a very, very good team. I also like Murray State and San Diego State alot. SDSU should have been in the tourney last year and you can tell they are holding a grudge and wanting to prove a point.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I like Cornell...but they got a tough draw. Temple had the resume of a 3 seed and coming from the A-10 they will not be overlooking Cornell. If this was any other 5 seed I'd take Cornell, but Temple should win.

I am riding Siena deep into the tourney. That is a very, very good team. I also like Murray State and San Diego State alot. SDSU should have been in the tourney last year and you can tell they are holding a grudge and wanting to prove a point.

I agree with you here EKU. I wouldn't be surprised to see all three of those teams in at least the sweet sixteen. Would love to see the Racers take down the Dores. I can't stand Vanderbilt and Stallings or TN and Pearl.

I won't be cheering for any SEC team this year except Kentucky. It's unfortunate that I can't stand any of the SEC teams other than Kentucky that made the field of 65 this year. I would of cheered on Miss St and Stansbury or any other SEC except South Carolina. I can't stand SC mainly because of Downey and the favorable calls he gets due to his lack of size. Once he is gone I probably won't have much a problem with them unless they consistently start beating us again. Yes, I am a sore loser when it comes to the Cats Smile
Temple will beat Cornell in the First Round! Wait and see.
NOT Cornell.
Like EKU Alum said above, I'm riding Siena this year. They have a favorable bracket imo to really make some noise. They were able to win a tournament game last year so they have some experience which should help them along the way.
I'm feeling Baylor.
^ I like Baylor to, but since you already said Baylor, I will go with Maryland Smile
I have to go with Baylor. I know that a 3 seed isnt really that big of an upset in the sweet 16 but I think that they have a great shot to knock out Villanova. And then Duke !!! PLEASE OH PLEASE