Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How does the NCAA Tourney include Florida and not Mississippi State?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a real issue with this. Who has Florida played? Mississippi State beat Florida in the SEC Tournament, took UK to overtime twice (should have won both games), and beat Vanderbilt. The only setback I see was losing to Rider at home but that shouldn't put them behind Florida. I can see about five bubbles teams that didn't make the field that should be in before Florida.

This screw-up may save Billy Donovan from being on the hot seat in Gainesville. Why did UK want him as a coach again? :biggrin:
Mississippi State also lost to Richmond, but they beat Houston, Vanderbilt, UCLA, Ole Miss.

These Are The Teams That Should Be OUT:

Florida (21-12 SEC 9-7),

Minnesota (21-13 Big 10 9-9),

Clemson (21-10 ACC 9-7),

Wake Forest (19-10 ACC 9-7),

Marquette (22-11 Big East 11-7),

Louisville (20-12 Big East 11-7),

Missouri (22-10 Big 12 10-6)

These Are The One's That Should Have Been In There Places:

Kent State (23-9 Mid American 13-3)

Memphis (23-9 C-USA 13-3)

UAB (23-8 C-USA 11-5)

Coastal Carolina (28-6 Big South 15-3)

Mississippi State (23-11 SEC 9-7)

Rhode Island (23-9 A-10 9-7)

Virginia Tech (23-8, ACC 10-6)

Quinnipac (23-9, Northeast 15-3)
MS should definitely be in...They will probably win their tournament to prove this point. I hope they do.
Florida's best wins were over Michigan St. and Tennessee.

Miss. State's best win was over Vandy and had some bad losses. They also split the series with Florida.
Just more Big East and ACC bias as always. Miss St was/is playing good basketball and have the personnel to beat anyone in the tournament. We were very fortunate to win either of the overtime games vs them and we are a 1 seed.
You have to look at who they beat and who they played! Louisville for example, they had some horrible losses...And then they upset Syracuse twice! I think that should get them in! And going over .500 in the big east anyone should get in the tourney doing that!
I like florida and all but MSU should have gotten in! Florida had a couple of wins that helped them though! I thought after MSU tourney run they would have gotten in!
[quote=Strikeout King]

These Are The One's That Should Have Been In There Places:

Kent State (23-9 Mid American 13-3)

Memphis (23-9 C-USA 13-3)

UAB (23-8 C-USA 11-5)

Coastal Carolina (28-6 Big South 15-3)

Mississippi State (23-11 SEC 9-7)

Rhode Island (23-9 A-10 9-7)

Virginia Tech (23-8, ACC 10-6)

Quinnipac (23-9, Northeast 15-3)[/QUOTE]These teams in bold either didn't win their conf. or they had bad resume' for the NCAA. I agree that those teams should have been left out. However the other ones should have been in.

But I am happy Miss State was left out. The way their fans acted when UK beat them in Starkville.
torQQue Wrote:Just more Big East and ACC bias as always. Miss St was/is playing good basketball and have the personnel to beat anyone in the tournament. We were very fortunate to win either of the overtime games vs them and we are a 1 seed.

I think they belonged in but I don't see the Big East bias. In all honestly, Miss St would struggle big time in the Beast.
Florida
RPI: 56
SOS: 35
Key Wins: Florida St., Michigan St., Tennessee
Key Losses: South Alabama, South Carolina, Georgia

Miss State
RPI: 55
SOS: 107
Key Wins: Florida, Vanderbilt
Key Losses: Rider, WKU, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn

After looking at both of those, it does favor Florida. But I do think that Miss State ended the season on a better note.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Florida
RPI: 56
SOS: 35
Key Wins: Florida St., Michigan St., Tennessee
Key Losses: South Alabama, South Carolina, Georgia

Miss State
RPI: 55
SOS: 107
Key Wins: Florida, Vanderbilt
Key Losses: Rider, WKU, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn

After looking at both of those, it does favor Florida. But I do think that Miss State ended the season on a better note.

This is exactly what the committee looked at. I am sure of that. I still have to say that Miss St deserved it more due to some of the games with the number 2 team. I know that you cant really consider close losses if they are not helping the record but looking at how they been playing and pushing to the conference final to have victory ripped away in both bubble busting games.