Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1st Round Upsets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What first round upsets are you predicting?
Possible upsets IMO:

- New Mexico State over Michigan State
- San Diego State over Tennessee
- UTEP over Butler
- Murray State over Vanderbilt
- Minnesota over Xavier
- Cornell over Temple
- Siena over Purdue
- Old Dominion over Notre Dame
- Sam Houston State (Played UK close) over Baylor
- St. Mary's over Richmond
New Mexico State over Michigan State
Georgia Tech over Oklahoma State
UTEP over Butler
Murray State over Vanderbilt
Cornell over Temple
Siena over Purdue

There will likely be more upsets than this though.
St. Mary's over Richmond
i got tubby and the boys over xavier
Murray State over Vanderbilt.
"Play in Game" beats Duke Smile
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Murray State over Vanderbilt.

^ This:Thumbs: and I am also going to pick San Diego St over the Vols.
Georgia Tech over Oklahoma State. GA Tech put in a good showing against Duke.

Wake Forest over Texas.

Stupid throw in, Just dumb luck if they pull it off.

Florida over BYU
torQQue Wrote:^ This:Thumbs: and I am also going to pick San Diego St over the Vols.

As bad as I hate to say it, UK will be the only SEC team remaining after Round 1. Vanderbilt has a very good team, but Murray State is one of the mot dangerous teams in the tourney. San Diego State is very undervalued as well and they will be playing with a massive chip on their shoulder after being snubbed last year. Florida jus doesn't match up well with BYU.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:As bad as I hate to say it, UK will be the only SEC team remaining after Round 1. Vanderbilt has a very good team, but Murray State is one of the mot dangerous teams in the tourney. San Diego State is very undervalued as well and they will be playing with a massive chip on their shoulder after being snubbed last year. Florida jus doesn't match up well with BYU.

I'd say you are right EKUAlum. The SEC's only hope this year is that Kentucky represents well. IMO, Florida didn't even deserve to be in the tournament over Miss St. Furthermore, I think Miss St would of had a good chance to advancing possibly to the Sweet Sixteen. They have good guard play and a great big man in Venardo. They were also playing good basketball the last few games too.

I was checking Miss St's schedule and notice they have beaten some of the tournament teams this year such as Houston, ODU, Vandy, and Florida. Plus they only lost to Richmond by 1 point, and took the #1 seed Wildcats to overtime twice. Actually, the Wildcats were very fortunate to win either of those games. They had a couple bad losses early in the season but so did many other teams such as Louisville.
Cornell over Temple
Richmond over St. marys
UTEP over Butler
I got all those teams in the sweet 16
theVILLE Wrote:Cornell over Temple
Richmond over St. marys
UTEP over Butler
I got all those teams in the sweet 16
Isnt Richmond the higher seed?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Isnt Richmond the higher seed?
I was thinking the same thing. But he probably meant Richmond over Baylor in the second round? He said he was picking those four he listed to the sweet 16. Either way, Baylor is going to be tough out for any team they face. I would like to see the Spiders do it, but it's a tough matchup vs Baylor in second round assuming Richmond gets by Saint Marys.
Nobody mentioning Missouri over Clemson. Missouri leads the nation in steals and second in turnover margin. Clemson ranks 167 in assist to turnover ratio...not going to be a good matchup for Clemson I don't think.
Cornell over Temple!
Cornell will make a decent run, same with Siena, If u remember cornell almost knocked off kansas.
torQQue Wrote:I was thinking the same thing. But he probably meant Richmond over Baylor in the second round? He said he was picking those four he listed to the sweet 16. Either way, Baylor is going to be tough out for any team they face. I would like to see the Spiders do it, but it's a tough matchup vs Baylor in second round assuming Richmond gets by Saint Marys.

Nope i meant richmond over villanova but that isnt in the 1st round! I got baylor in the final four
minnesota over xavier
siena over purdue
mizz over clemson
utep over butler
I just don't get the media's obsession with Cornell.
I'm gonna go with Vermont over Syracuse! Lets see a repeat of 2005! Also Syracuse did lose to a Division II team this year! There's alot of history and interesting factors associated with this game! Lets Go Catamounts!
dunno if you would count an #9 over #8 an upset, but here is mine

my 1st round upsets

#9 Northern Iowa over #8 UNLV
#10 Georgie Tech over #7 Oklahoma St
#9 Florida St over #8 Gonzaga
#12 UTEP over #5 Butler
#11 Minnesota over #6 Xavier
#10 Florida over #7 BYU
#12 Cornell over #5 Temple
#9 Louisville over #8 Cailfornia
#13 Siena over #4 Purdue
Siena over Purdue