Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Texas 7-9 in their last 16 games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NENT TIME/RESULT
1/18 @ KSU L 71-62
1/23 @ CONN L 88-74
1/27 TTU W 95-83
1/30 BAY L 80-77 OT
2/01 @ OKST W 72-60
2/06 @ OKLA L 80-71
2/08 KU L 80-68
2/13 NEB W 91-51
2/17 @ MIZZ L 82-77
2/20 @ TTU W 71-67
2/24 OKST W 69-59
2/27 @ TA&M L 74-58
3/01 OKLA W 87-76
3/06 @ BAY L 92-77
3/10 vs. ISU W 82-75
3/11 vs. BAY L 86-67

Assuming they knock off Wake Forest, how do you think we will match up? I don't know much about their personnel? Are they big enough down low to match up with us?
Pittman and James of Texas can give Patterson and Cousins fits. Both are big and physical.

Texas's problem is their guard play. They don't have any real play-makers that we have in Wall or Bledsoe.
Well they have Dexter Pittman, who is a pretty big guy. One of the best swingmen in the nation in Damion James, and Jai Lucas (transfer from Florida) was the best PG in his recruiting class a couple years ago. They don't have a great bench though, we are much deeper and bigger than them.
Doesn't Pittman get into foul trouble VERY easily?
dores legend Wrote:Well they have Dexter Pittman, who is a pretty big guy. One of the best swingmen in the nation in Damion James, and Jai Lucas (transfer from Florida) was the best PG in his recruiting class a couple years ago. They don't have a great bench though, we are much deeper and bigger than them.

Lucas barely plays.
lwc Wrote:Doesn't Pittman get into foul trouble VERY easily?

Yeah, he's a big slow guy that has soft hands.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Lucas barely plays.

Wow, I did not know that. Kind of surprising because he had such an upside. I haven't got to watch Texas a whole lot this year.
Did they have some injuries or something that resulted in their poor performance in the second half of the season? At one point during the season they were being touted as the best team in the country.
torQQue Wrote:Did they have some injuries or something that resulted in their poor performance in the second half of the season? At one point during the season they were being touted as the best team in the country.

The Longhorns lack consistent production out of their guards. They also turn the ball over a lot and they are absolutely terrible from the free throw line.

They are tough inside, but they just don't have those play-making guards.
Through out the last 16 games....This team is dangerous and with the personnel could upset the "Cats" in the second round...A game that I would pay to be at.
there record means nothing right now! Its march
Texas has to get past Wake Forest and Al-Faroq Aminu first..... Big Grin
This potential matchup scares me more than any other in the east region.
Injuries have also contributed to there slide. Lack of guard play kills them.