Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (1) Kentucky vs. (16) E. Tennessee State - March 18th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
March 18th - 7:15 PM EST

Thoughts/Predictions?
Look forward to the possible second round matchup with texas..I think texas could really give UK some problems, there long and lingy
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Thoughts/Predictions?

As to be expected with a first round 1 vs. 16 match up.
:ChairHit:
**** I really dread that second round matchup. If Wake wins, I'll sleep a lot easier though.
Aslan Wrote:**** I really dread that second round matchup. If Wake wins, I'll sleep a lot easier though.

-I look for them to win over Texas.
Aslan Wrote:**** I really dread that second round matchup. If Wake wins, I'll sleep a lot easier though.

So will I.
What kind of team is East Tn St? Are they perimeter oriented team? I assume being from a small conference they don't have much size. Have they beat any top 100 RPI teams this year?
Well, since this thread is about the first round game I will post that we win but 20+.
:kneel:
ETSU has three players averaging double-figures: Tommy Hubbard (14.1 pts, 8.3 reb, 1.2 ast), Micah Williams (12.5 pts, 3.3 reb, 1.0 ast), and Justin Tubbs (12.0 pts, 3.8 reb, 0.6 ast).

PPG: 69.2
REB: 36.4
AST: 10.9
TO: 14.9
STL: 8.3
BLK: 3.3
FG%: .44
3P%: .31
FT%: .66

- Hubbard is their leading rebounder (8.3 per game) and is only 6'4.
- Their two biggest players are 6'8 in Lukas Poderis and Isiah Brown.
- ETSU averages 14.9 turnovers per game. Huge + for the Cats!
- Bucs shoot 16.4 three's a game, while only shooting 31%.
Wildcats should win this one by 30+
UK comes out flat, plays ugly, and will win 79-63..
Kentucky rolls to round 2 inthe Big Easy
The Cats by 14+........Go CATS
I believe KY will come out ready and win by 25+ and need to in order to show the NCAA they mean business. They can easily do this if they shoot the ball and play defense.
Cats by 20+
Cats win by as many as they want
I could definitely see UK coming in with the typical 1 seed mindset and making this a much closer game than it needs to be. Please don't let that happen Cats! Play your game and drive them into the dirt!

Anyone know if this game will be televised?
ETSU shoots 31% from 3, too bad they'll probably shoot 50+% in this one and give UK a bit of a game.
leecoukfan Wrote:Wildcats should win this one by 30+

i dont think they win by that much this team almost beat PITT in last years opening round, i hated it when i seen the played UK in 1st round i like them since i lived in johnson city before and got to see them play,they lost couple players from last year,but are playing good ball right now..
Kentucky 88
E. Tenn St. 57
Fairly close until the 2nd Half when UK pulls away to win by 18-25
UK by 16
Kentucky by 18.

Go Big Blue!!!
Kentucky by 20!
The game should get ugly really quick. I am expecting around a 20 point lead by half and then Hood and Harrellson get some time in the second half. We win by 30 but the lead can certainly balloon.
This is not the same ETSU team that threw a scare into Pittsburgh last year, almost all those players are gone now.

Kentucky may come out flat, but it won't matter. UK by 18.
I think UK is down early til about the 8 minute mark in the 1st half and then go to the half with about 8 point lead! Bledsoe and Wall take over in the second after a ETSU run and the cats win by 15! I think this will be a back and forth game! But the cats win it in the end by 15
Kentucky 82-57.
Ky by a bunch!
UK by 20+
Pages: 1 2