Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Your #1 Seeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, we have just under an hour and a half until the selection show, so what 4 teams deserve #1 seeds?

IMO,

1. Kansas
2. Kentucky
3. Syracuse
4. Duke

But I do think that right now, WVU is better than Duke.
1. Kansas
2. UK
3. Syracuse
4. Duke

I think WV deserves it over Duke but won't get it.
^I don't know if WVU deserves it over Duke, because Duke did win their conference regular season championship and tournament championship. I know the ACC wasn't nearly as good as the Big East, but Duke does deserve it.

I do think WVU is the better team though.

It also looks like WVU will be the #2 seed in the Duke's West Region in the tournament as well.
1. KU
2. UK
3. Cuse
4. WVU
Duke won the ACC regular season and conference tourney in a down year. WVU was an up tier team in the Beast and got hot and won the conference tourney too. WVU beat Gtown twice, a team that blew out Duke. WVU is better and deserves the final 1 seed.
Aslan Wrote:1. KU
2. UK
3. Cuse
4. WVU
Duke won the ACC regular season and conference tourney in a down year. WVU was an up tier team in the Beast and got hot and won the conference tourney too. WVU beat Gtown twice, a team that blew out Duke. WVU is better and deserves the final 1 seed.

Good point, but on paper and with RPI, SOS, and wins vs. top 50 RPI teams - Duke deserves to be in.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Good point, but on paper and with RPI, SOS, and wins vs. top 50 RPI teams - Duke deserves to be in.

Sadly.
Aslan Wrote:Sadly.

Agreed. WVU Deserves it, but most likely Duke will get the #1 :yawn:
RPI: dUKEe - 3 WVU - 4
SOS: dUKe - 9 WVU - 3
vs. RPI 1-25: dUKe - 1-3 WVU - 5-4
vs. RPI 26-50: dUKe - 6-1 WVU - 4-1
vs. RPI 51-75: dUKe - 4-0 WVU - 7-1
vs. RPI 76-100: dUKe - 6-1 WVU - 2-0
vs. RPI > 100: dUKe - 11-0 WVU - 9-0

I, of course, give a slight edge to WVU. Go Figure! lol
Duke gets the 3rd #1 seed over Cuse. WTF
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Good point, but on paper and with RPI, SOS, and wins vs. top 50 RPI teams - Duke deserves to be in.

I would love to hear the committee's reasoning on how Duke got the #3 seed over Cuse.