Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (3) Kentucky 75 - Mississippi State 74 (SEC Championship - OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final Overtime

SEC Championship
Goodluck to Mississippi State they played one **** of a game. They deserve to be in the NCAA tournament.
It's nice to be Kings of the South again but there not many positives from this game.
UK shouldn't have won. They got a great bounce off the missed foul shot and forced overtime. UK goes 4-17 (23.5%) from deep(including the skank shot by Wall in OT). UK won't win many games in the tournament shooting that %. Cousins will continue to have games like this until his teamates hit a few 3s to open him up.
Yes they do deserve it! As an 11 seed! However Cuz saved the day today! Couldnt have tried to make that shot any closer to the buzzer...Miss St. is a great team and can really light it up...Congrats to UK and good luck! ANyone know why wall got MVP and not Cuz, bledsoe, or patterson
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Goodluck to Mississippi State they played one **** of a game. They deserve to be in the NCAA tournament.

Agreed
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh c-a-t-s cats! Cats!! Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE WILL TO WIN!!!

That's what these 13 players have and it's going to be hard to deny them of any loss.

Miss. State DOES deserve a bid for the NCAA Tournament! They're good.
Our team REFUSES to die!!! I love it. Miss ST deserves some credit, and a bid into the NCAA tourney. That game is an instant classic.
The great teams find a way. This is a great team. I also want to add that Varnado Played his heart out tonight. and if they get in Mississippi state is gonna be a tough out.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote::Thumbs: I also want to add that Varnado Played his heart out tonight. and if they get in Mississippi state is gonna be a tough out.

You're exactly right.
Aslan Wrote:It's nice to be Kings of the South again but there not many positives from this game.
UK shouldn't have won. They got a great bounce off the missed foul shot and forced overtime. UK goes 4-17 (23.5%) from deep(including the skank shot by Wall in OT). UK won't win many games in the tournament shooting that %. Cousins will continue to have games like this until his teamates hit a few 3s to open him up.

This team wins close games when not hitting the three, and crushes teams when they are hitting the threes. I am more worried about missed free throws and rebounding. I thought our bench play was very good today and could be big factor in the Dance.
sstack Wrote:This team wins close games when not hitting the three, and crushes teams when they are hitting the threes. I am more worried about missed free throws and rebounding. I thought our bench play was very good today and could be big factor in the Dance.

Very much agreed.

I think when our team is playing with a sense of urgency, no one in the country can beat us.

Maybe I'm being bias, but JMO.
WOW,what a game by both teams,and State should be in the NCAA. Congratulations to the Cats for number 26.:letsparty
Quote:Our team REFUSES to die!!! I love it. Miss ST deserves some credit, and a bid into the NCAA tourney. That game is an instant classic.
Couldnt have said it better myself....way to go to Big Cuz and the Wildcats
First time since 2003 that the Cats won the league and tournament champsionship
This game had me goings crazy. Awesome, awesome game to watch. Mississippi State was relentless. And deserve to go to the NCAA Tournament.

But, How did Cuz bust his nose? Is it when John Wall tackled him when he hit that buzzer beater? Never could figure it out. But, all in all. Great day to be a Kentucky fan! Knowing we can still win when not shooting great!
Add NUMBER 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aslan Wrote:It's nice to be Kings of the South again but there not many positives from this game.
+1
Congrats Cats on number 26!!!!:1:

Congrats to Miss State on such a hard fought game and they deffinetly deserve to be in the NCAA Tourny!
Good game to both teams, cuz saved the day at the end of the 2end half and at the end of OT. miss st needed it more but UK wanted it more, good luck to uk in the NCAA tourney
i think miss st should be in the tourney
Did Wall have a lane violation that didnt get called when Bledsoe miss his second Freethrow on purpose? If that was true than Miss State would have won the game. I have just heard this once on ESPN from doug gotti I think. I dont know the rule, he said Wall was outside the 3pt line during the FT and can not come inside the 3pt line until the ball hits the rims, the replay did show him inside the line before ball gets to the rim.
sstack Wrote:This team wins close games when not hitting the three, and crushes teams when they are hitting the threes. I am more worried about missed free throws and rebounding. I thought our bench play was very good today and could be big factor in the Dance.

SEC teams(other than Tenn/Vandy)? UNC? UConn? Not stiff competition. When they play the upper tier teams they will be in trouble if there not hitting from the perimeter. Let's face it, everybody is going to double/triple the post and force UK to beat them from deep. If the 3's don't fall, they'll lose.
i thought Kentucky was #2
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The great teams find a way. This is a great team. I also want to add that Varnado Played his heart out tonight. and if they get in Mississippi state is gonna be a tough out.

sad that MS ST didnt get in, there tough