Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Virginia is Big East champs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow congrats dangerousdan and your first ever big east championship! Im also sorry for calling them overrated, anyone than can win the beast sure isnt overrated! And butler man is he ever clutch....Congrats and good luck in the tourney...To me there worth of a #1 seed over duke! There resume is so much better
Thanks theVILLE!!! I have not got back to Earth yet. In the words of WVU play-by-play guy Tony Caridi, "It's a great night to be a Mountaineer wherever you may be!!!!!" I have not felt like this over my Mountaineers since we beat Georgia in the 06 Sugar Bowl.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Thanks theVILLE!!! I have not got back to Earth yet. In the words of WVU play-by-play guy Tony Caridi, "It's a great night to be a Mountaineer wherever you may be!!!!!" I have not felt like this over my Mountaineers since we beat Georgia in the 06 Sugar Bowl.

Congrats, and i am truthfully sorry for calling them overrated...That doesnt mean that louisville didnt get cheated in morgantown though, cause they did...but hey its all part of the game, i guess?? But for real congrats on beating a really good G-town team who i thought was capable of going to the elite 8 or further! Also congrats on a great season and a hopeful #1 seed to show that we are the toughest conference
Butler with another game winner. In back to back nights. He's came on strong and so has the Mountaineers.

First Big East title for West Virginia. Congrats!
Jerry West was known as "Mr Clutch." Da'Sean will be known as "Clutch, Jr."
WVU played another solid game. I too think they deserve a 1 seed over Duke. Their resume is better and they have have a top 4 RPI and strength of schedule. I think they have earned a number 1 seed.
Too bad Butler came back down on that final shot...he should have been called for a travel.
I agree^ I figured out in the last minute the refs will dow whatever for WV to get the W! I j/k dangerousdan
I'm glad to see WV win it.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Too bad Butler came back down on that final shot...he should have been called for a travel.

You tell me you saw that at full speed just like the refs had to do, not with the right camera angle and slow motion, and I'll tell you that you are CRAZY and full of crap.

The Eers hung tough and pulled it out. They deserve it!

It's a great day to be a Mountaineer, wherever you may be!!! :1:
somewhere in WV there's still a couch burning. Congrats and good luck in the dance.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:somewhere in WV there's still a couch burning. Congrats and good luck in the dance.

lol...As much as I hate to admit it, you are probably dead on with that statement.
And with it, a Number 1 seed
ImagineThat! Wrote:You tell me you saw that at full speed just like the refs had to do, not with the right camera angle and slow motion, and I'll tell you that you are CRAZY and full of crap.

The Eers hung tough and pulled it out. They deserve it!

It's a great day to be a Mountaineer, wherever you may be!!! :1:

I'm not saying I could tell for sure the first time I saw it in full speed but I definitely had a doubt. Then I saw it slowed down and there it was. I'm not saying that the refs can make every call perfectly but there was proof of a miscall that would have surely changed the outcome of the game.
ImagineThat! Wrote:lol...As much as I hate to admit it, you are probably dead on with that statement.

Lordy those things put off a bunch of smoke. Mine is still burning.
Congratulations to WVu