Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: question for coaches!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you get hired, there is confidentiality. How can a coach can on this site or any site and talk about players or anyone? This is not to just high school coaches, I mean every coach! What makes this talking on sites legal for coaches, their can be recruiting violations, confidentiality, and not to mention legality situations.

Would really like to here some input on this situations?
I have no problem with coaches talking about players, as long as it is in a positive manner. Any coach that would get on an internet site a DOWN A KID needs to get a life anyways.
I agree with Canoeman. I have read some posts on here that I believe are from coaches and it really upsets me. I am a teacher first and coach second and I just don't understand how some of these people live with themselves. We all need to remember that these kids that we discuss get on this same site and some of the things that they are reading are really disturbing to them. We need to all be caring adults and keep any negative opinion of an individual to ourselves and only talk positive when it comes to kids. These negative posts are few in number but they do far more damage to the kids than the positive posts do good for them. Just one coaches opinion I know but I think this is a very important topic that adults particularly coaches need to keep in mind in the future. Football season is coming up so let's all try to be positive when it comes to posting on this site.
^ I agree with both prior post. I don't see a big issue with coaches getting on sites like this to talk positive about his or other players/programs. I personally love to see our kids in this region and state do well whether it is a team of mine or not. Like Coach Howard stated, coaches are teachers/mentors above all. Coaches are to build kids into great young men and women, not just worry about winning. Any coach that wants to get on here and recruit or be negetive about any player/program has no class and should reevaluate what and why they are coaching.
sheriff Wrote:When you get hired, there is confidentiality. How can a coach can on this site or any site and talk about players or anyone? This is not to just high school coaches, I mean every coach! What makes this talking on sites legal for coaches, their can be recruiting violations, confidentiality, and not to mention legality situations.

Would really like to here some input on this situations?

There is nothing illegal about talking about a player for the most part. Depending on what is said it might be unethical (talking bad about a player) and in very rare cases illegal (slander). Of course you also have parents and players that get on these sites and slander coaches and other players. I have never signed an NDA as a coach but I have signed a code of ethics as a teacher.
I don't get the point of this thread. If a coach shared confidential information, then that would be out of line, but until the orginator of this thread makes the question more clear, I don't understand the gist of this. If it's simply about a coach not posting because he shouldn't, I don't get why not!