Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WVU Heading to SEC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/WVUSport...uild=cache

WVU football coach Bill Stewart seems to think so.....
i would like to see it
I really do not see this happening. First, I really don't think the SEC will expand. Second, if the SEC would decide to expand and take a school from the Big East, Louisville would make the most sense and SEC's first choice IMO. UofL already has a built in rivalry with UK and geographically would be a better fit as well.
^ I agree. WVU does not bring in a television market that would help the SEC
I doubt WVU going to the SEC. I could see someone like Clemson making a jump to the SEC though.
Clemson would make sense. Wasn't this talked about a couple of years ago with Ga. Tech. This seems to happen every couple of years.
Yea Ga.Tech is always mentioned. I am pretty sure they used to be in the SEC back in the day. They should have never left.
I thought that was the case. I guess it all all depend on what the Pac 10 and Big 10 do. Both are talking about creating Super Conferences with as many as 20 teams. If that happens, SEC will position themselves as the conference representing the south having the North and West covered by the above mentioned. That would leave the ACC and BEAST in postion to possibly merge many of the teams to creat the East
Dusty if thats what happens the ACC will be split up. Some teams will go into the SEC and some to the Beast.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Dusty if thats what happens the ACC will be split up. Some teams will go into the SEC and some to the Beast.
South Carolina to the ACC and FSU to the SEC. Hey, it would make some sense. Plus, FSU is a ratings MACHINE.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Dusty if thats what happens the ACC will be split up. Some teams will go into the SEC and some to the Beast.

Panther Thunder Wrote:South Carolina to the ACC and FSU to the SEC. Hey, it would make some sense. Plus, FSU is a ratings MACHINE.

Agreed, the southern ACC teams would likely go to the SEC. Can you imagine Florida, FSU and Miami in the same division of a conference????
Being a football guy, I would like to see FSU or VA Tech come in.
Stardust Wrote:Agreed, the southern ACC teams would likely go to the SEC. Can you imagine Florida, FSU and Miami in the same division of a conference????
That would be absolutely great.
Amun-Ra Wrote:That would be absolutely great.

If we ever get the the super conferences, we have to have a college playoff. There is no way a team comes from a Super conference undefeated, and most likley the teams with two losses would be better than any other team in the nation. For an SEC team, they could never make the BCS championship game under the current system because they would have a loss. I'd hate to see a Big 12 team every year make the championship because they can go undefeated when the teams in the SEC would be killing each other.
Stardust Wrote:If we ever get the the super conferences, we have to have a college playoff. There is no way a team comes from a Super conference undefeated, and most likley the teams with two losses would be better than any other team in the nation. For an SEC team, they could never make the BCS championship game under the current system because they would have a loss. I'd hate to see a Big 12 team every year make the championship because they can go undefeated when the teams in the SEC would be killing each other.
Kinda like how a Big 10 team is always there for the title... I dont want superconfrences. I would just like to see better ones. Make Notre Dame join the Big 10 or let Pitt in there. Heck, put them both in there. Bring Miami or Clemson or Florida State to the SEC. And FINALLY make Boise State join a better confrence, like the Pac10. That way they wont be undefeated all the time.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Kinda like how a Big 10 team is always there for the title... I dont want superconfrences. I would just like to see better ones. Make Notre Dame join the Big 10 or let Pitt in there. Heck, put them both in there. Bring Miami or Clemson or Florida State to the SEC. And FINALLY make Boise State join a better confrence, like the Pac10. That way they wont be undefeated all the time.

I'd like to see Utah, and Boise join the Pac 10. TCU has been solid, they possibly could fit in the Big 12. Your other suggestions I like a lot.

I agree, no superconferences for me either. That's 20 teams per conference. No way could you play out of conference games if you have that many teams in a single conference.
Utah and Boise both to the Pac10. TCU in the Big12 would be great.
We could send Tennessee to Conference USA:biggrin:
I think that WVU could compete for the SEC championship in basketball right now, but Bill Stewart and his coaching staff would really have to step up their games to compete for championships in football.
ImagineThat! Wrote:I think that WVU could compete for the SEC championship in basketball right now, but Bill Stewart and his coaching staff would really have to step up their games to compete for championships in football.

Huggy would give any coach in the SEC fits INCLUDING Calipari. Stewart OTOH, would be chewed up and spit out by Spurrier, Meyers, Saben, and Miles.
Jarons Wrote:I really do not see this happening. First, I really don't think the SEC will expand. Second, if the SEC would decide to expand and take a school from the Big East, Louisville would make the most sense and SEC's first choice IMO. UofL already has a built in rivalry with UK and geographically would be a better fit as well.

Agreed. I can see Louisville for the reasons you stated . Va.Tech would be a second choice due to geographics, and they are certainly competetive even to S.E.C. standards. Louisville a legit 1st choice,I.M.O.
they have got a chance of wining it all
Not.
If the SEC ever decided to expand, I believe they would make the first call to the Lone Star state and invite Texas and Texas A&M. Would give the SEC an ENORMOUS footprint across the southern United States.
Texas will never leave the Big12. That is their flagship school. But think of the market the SEC would own if they did.
Is this a situation that is probably going to happen soon or is it people just suggesting teams. I do not think that the SEC needs a change but if so then I would love to see WVU and Clemson or Georgia Tech