Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (2) Kentucky vs. (13) Tennessee (SEC Semi Finals) 3/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thoughts/predictions???

SEC Network 1:00 pm

SEC Semi Finals
It's gonna be a very back and forth game tomorrow with Tennessee IMO. Cats better come out ready to play. Unlike today against Bama. But, I'm going Kentucky by 7.

Go Big BLUE!
This will be a tough match-up for the Cats, one where they have to improve the the rebounding margin from today and hit some three pointers
Cats show up and show no mercy on the Vols. Lose a close one to Vandy or Florida in the Title game. Tough to beat any team three times in one year. If Mississippi State gets to the title game UK has it in the bag.
If we hit at least 6 threes, we win the game.
Cats must play better D and rebound. Should come ready to play, we got the bad one behind us. I will take the Cats by 3, 75-72.
seven 3's is teh magic number! I feel with UK hitting 7 threes they will win this gae...If not they get beat!
ComfortEagle Wrote:If we hit at least 6 threes, we win the game.

theVILLE Wrote:seven 3's is teh magic number! I feel with UK hitting 7 threes they will win this gae...If not they get beat!

CE, I knew when I read your post you were wrong. It took theVille to correct you :lmao:

JK - 6 or 7 threes should at least get them into the 30% range from three, which should be good enough to win. I still think that UT can take advantage of the reboundling lapses they Cats have been showing and exploit that for an upset.
I'll be attending the game tomorrow so I'm hoping a victory is in store for the cats!

Cats by 5.
This is a game to settle the series 1-1.....but i think UK will put UT away if they can build off their mistakes from the last time they vs Ut and if they get ahead and put away UT early and not let UT stick with them ...Go Cats
The Vols Are Gonna Find Out Who's Gonna Get Spanked!!!!
Its going to be extremely tough for Tennessee to beat UK again. It all comes down to the same things that the other two games came down to. UT has to slow down the pace of the game with the zone defense and hope UK doesn't shoot the 3 very well. Bruce Pearl knows how to beat Calipari's teams, but doing it will be very tough tomorrow.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Its going to be extremely tough for Tennessee to beat UK again. It all comes down to the same things that the other two games came down to. UT has to slow down the pace of the game with the zone defense and hope UK doesn't shoot the 3 very well. Bruce Pearl knows how to beat Calipari's teams, but doing it will be very tough tomorrow.
There is three ways to beat a 2-3 zone.

First is to hit your three's.

Second is to penetrate to the middle and kick.

Third is to put a guy in the middle of the zone and two on the blocks. We did this today with Bledsoe and it led to points.

Why UK can't do at least one of these on a consistant basis is beyond me.
I sure do hope we kick the crap outta these guys. I think I hate Tennessee more than Louisville, seriously! And I've been hoping that we match-up with the Vols again. So I hope we play a great game and beat them by 20+ points.

Chances of this happening though is slim, but I'll go with my head and take the Cats by 8.

GO BIG BLUE!!!
I'm going to say UK by 7.
IMO Tennessee is the only team in the SEC that can beat UK on a neutral court. Five point game or less either way.
Pearl and Hopson have ran their mouths over the past few days...

When Pearl talked about how bad the Vols shot the ball in their game with LSU he says "They we're throwing them up like Kentucky"

And then there was yesterday...Scotty Hopson said "We guarantee a win over Kentucky tomorrow"

If you'll remember, Hopson was the one at mid-court doing the John Wall when they got their consolation prize win at TBA in Knoxville.

Just remember boys....Karma is a ________!!!!
Stardust Wrote:CE, I knew when I read your post you were wrong. It took theVille to correct you :lmao:

JK - 6 or 7 threes should at least get them into the 30% range from three, which should be good enough to win. I still think that UT can take advantage of the reboundling lapses they Cats have been showing and exploit that for an upset.

Haha I agree... I told my dad before i got on here 7 was the magic number lol...UNLESS Uk dominates points in the paint!
I do not think that UT can beat UK twice in a row. I will say that Cal has a good strategy to get through the zone and break the game open. I can not wait to see how it plays out. I will say the cats by 3.
Not saying cal is bad coach or anything! Because he is def a top notch coach! but from day one to now UK has struggled with a zone! I dont see where suddenly they come out and have the agic gameplan against a zone now! Which im sure cal has HAD a great game plan against a zone all season it just hasnt worked out! The cats must Dominate the points in the paint by more than 10 "OR" hit 7 threes!
According to the Lexington paper, the game will only be aired on ABC-Channel 36 out of Lexington. Those of us in Eastern Kentucky do not get that channel. ABC is owned by ESPN, we are sold out again. This deal with ESPN for our UK games, they can do whatever they want, this isn't the first time they have exclusively let a Lex. channel have a UK game. Boy Kentucky sure sold out their fans to ESPN. The deal is for 15 years. Way to go Kentucky, this one you really smell of hungry for money over your fans.
Kentucky will win this game: if Kentucky can 3 pointers
Once again 7 threes was a magic number