Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Are UK Fans Too Loyal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The poll question of the day my friends. . .

Are UK football, basketball, baseball, etc fans too loyal for their own good?

Do they continue to support and spend money on a program that is taking advantage of their loyalties?

My guess--YES, YES, YES. We give UK way too much leeway--simply because we feel some strange sense of loyalty. The thing is--we deserve better with football and better with in regard to the AD.

I want to get to the bottom of this one---lets hear your voice . . .
No, just look at some of the threads on here. Should tubby be fired. Does that look like too loyal fans to you?
"golfman42" Wrote:No, just look at some of the threads on here. Should tubby be fired. Does that look like too loyal fans to you?

Again--good point--but, have you noticed the recent "swing" of opinion about Rich Brooks? Has he even reached double digit wins in Kentucky yet? But for some reason--a lot of people on here seem to believe that he is a good coach. I find that to be a little too loyal.
In basketball no, but in football yes we are way to loyal for a team like we constently have.
I have always been a UK fan, and will always be a UK fan.
IMO, A true fan should always remain loyal. I am completely loyal to my wildcats. Thats why I become so upset when they do so good.
I feel a loyalty to the program from a selfish point of view. I keep up with football and watch them on tv however I do not go to games. I do not go to games in basketball either and watch on tv if it is going to be a good game. I do not keep up with the Ladies teams at all and follow baseball only a little. I used to go to the basketball games but seems as I moved along in life other things came first.
For three years i never missed a UK hockey game, went to the Rugby, diving, Gymnastics, volleyball, and baseball, never missed a home football game. Missed I think 3 basketball games.
I traded my Alumni Association national championship watch to a pistol.

I will support the football team by doing anything in my power to get rid of brooks.
I dont like Tubby's style of ball, or his recruiting but thats personal.
Do I want UK to win, Every game, every championship YES but I am no longer the fanatic I used to be.
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Again--good point--but, have you noticed the recent "swing" of opinion about Rich Brooks? Has he even reached double digit wins in Kentucky yet? But for some reason--a lot of people on here seem to believe that he is a good coach. I find that to be a little too loyal.

My major "problem" with UK fans is that we too often line up to "drink the big blue koolaid" becoming a conditioned lackey to the program. Questioning a coach or wanting a change is not a sign of being unloyal, its a sign of not being satisfied.
I think that you guys are starting to hit on some of the issues.

With football, for instance, I just get the feeling that they are content to pack Commonwealth Stadium every weekend--and as long as the stadium is filled--the administration doesn't see the need to improve the quality of the coaching staff. I think they see us as ******s. They obviously don't be the same emphasis on football as they do with basketball. That is understandable to a point--but think about how crazy this state would be if there was also a great football program.

Kentucky would make more money than they could ever imagine.
i belive uk fans will have it hard for the next few years but they'll have something to yell about in the future!
UK fans are never too loyal.
uk fans are loyal
im a loyal uk fan.. i dont think we are to loyal
no
A true fan is loyal through the good and bad years. I dont think you can be to loyal at all to a team or university. If you spend the money on it you are getting something in return. Its like going out to a resturant and ordering you something to eat you love. If it isnt good from time to time do you quit ordering it or do ya give it another chance just to see it was as good as it was before. I get frustrated a lot of times with things going the way they do, but I still appreciate those boys putting on that uniform and going out there for us. They have to get as frustrated as we do at times, but do they quit. No, they keep playing hoping and trying to make things better. If you have never been on a team that has struggled you dont know what it is like to have talent and not be successful but one thing about it we always had that support of our parents and our school mates. Ill support UK as long as I live through the good and bad times. Dont be a fair weather friend and leave when there is adversity going on in the program. Remember the unforgetables. They gave UK life back. UK will be ok if not this year it will come be patient and let the system work. GO BIG BLUE