Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 74 - Florida 66
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Cats Win On Senior Day
We are gonna get killed in the Ncaa tourny by some team. We cant put any decent team away.
The team seemed a little of kilter today . Made some good outside shots but will have to play without letting up to succeed. With a rest I believe they will be back to form in the SEC tourney .
RavenBoy Wrote:We are gonna get killed in the Ncaa tourny by some team. We cant put any decent team away.

I am worried about the same thing. Some team like Northern Iowa or an A-10 wont EVER quit in the game and come back against UK.

I would say that IF UK loses in the tourney, it will be in the first two rounds. I believe that if the CATS can make the Elite 8, they will win it all.

Back to the game, Alex Tyus played a pretty good game for Florida but in the end the CATS were too much.
This UK team often plays down to their competition and lets up once they have a substantial lead. It's happened all year. But we've also seen, in nearly every game, they have risen back to finish the game.

I hope I am right when I say that the games in the NCAA tourney (where you win or go home) will incite better play than a meaningless game against Florida. Was it Senior Day? Yeah, but actually winning the game wouldn't have meant much. UK has already won the SEC outright and almost every analyst is saying UK is a guaranteed #1 seed no matter what happens in the SEC tourney.

With no motivation, other than to just win on Senior Day, I think UK did alright today.
Coach Cal

On Senior Day: “It was hard and the one thing that was really hard was seeing Mark Kreb’s mother. We pray for her everyday and I got emotional just seeing that alone. I have been with these guys, I want to say 11 months, but with this summer and all you do it has been about six months. I just respect all of them and what they stand for and their families. When I saw Mark’s mom, that hits you right in the gut.”
I think the cats need to get beat early in the NCAA tourney! When they get beat the seem to come out with fire the next few games...But i am glad to see them win on senior day! You guys were talking about them getting beat early....Odds are and on espn all the analyst are saying sweet 16 is a long way for them!
Who was the starters? I wasn't able to watch or listen to this one.
theVILLE Wrote:I think the cats need to get beat early in the NCAA tourney! When they get beat the seem to come out with fire the next few games...But i am glad to see them win on senior day! You guys were talking about them getting beat early....Odds are and on espn all the analyst are saying sweet 16 is a long way for them!

atleast elite 8
MisterPerfect Wrote:Who was the starters? I wasn't able to watch or listen to this one.

John Wall, Mark Krebs, Ramon Harris, Perry Stevenson, Patrick Patterson
theVILLE Wrote:I think the cats need to get beat early in the NCAA tourney! When they get beat the seem to come out with fire the next few games...But i am glad to see them win on senior day! You guys were talking about them getting beat early....Odds are and on espn all the analyst are saying sweet 16 is a long way for them!

If they get beat early in the NCAA tournament there won't be a next few games to worry about. The season will be over.
Congrats to the Wildcats on a GREAT regular season!! Congrats to the Seniors!
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:If they get beat early in the NCAA tournament there won't be a next few games to worry about. The season will be over.

HaHa i fill like an idiot! I meant the SEC tourney! it would be good for them to get beat early in the sec
I thought today was a good game by the Cats. Kids that have needed to step up all year showed up in this game. Bledsoe, Miller and Dodson seem to be finding their shot and PPat is becoming more aggressive and having a presence thoughout the entire game. In my opinion starting the seniors hurt a couple of players. Wall and Cousins, especially Cousins never really got in the flow of the game. Don't think coming of the bench was good for Cousins mentally. Congrats to the seniors on a great career and to the Cats going 18-0 in Rupp this year.

I hate the fact that we can't put anyone away and seem to always play to our competition. I disagree that the Cats need any lose at any time now. Going into the SEC tournament is the time for this team to come together, play well and put teams away. It is time to flex our muscle and make a serious run at a NCAA title.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I thought today was a good game by the Cats. Kids that have needed to step up all year showed up in this game. Bledsoe, Miller and Dodson seem to be finding their shot and PPat is becoming more aggressive and having a presence thoughout the entire game. In my opinion starting the seniors hurt a couple of players. Wall and Cousins, especially Cousins never really got in the flow of the game. Don't think coming of the bench was good for Cousins mentally. Congrats to the seniors on a great career and to the Cats going 18-0 in Rupp this year.

I hate the fact that we can't put anyone away and seem to always play to our competition. I disagree that the Cats need any lose at any time now. Going into the SEC tournament is the time for this team to come together, play well and put teams away. It is time to flex our muscle and make a serious run at a NCAA title.

I agree with you man! Im not really freaking out because they could not put a team like this away after a 19 point lead. I mean yes it concerns me that they did not keep the same distance, but they are in a part of the season that most of these players have not been stretched to. Hence the 2 points by Wall in the first half and the low production from Boogie after coming off the bench. After a weeks rest they will be fine. To me this was a great win because it allows OTHER players that we need for a title run, to step up. Darius and Darnell are two of the biggest components to the puzzle and if they can get clicking and hit the shots and be aggressive we are a more complete team. Wall and Cuz struggled to get the normal amount of but Miller's defense, Bledsoe's offense and Orton's defense really filled in the gap. Florida shot the ball really well in the second half and it came after cutting the lead to 10 by halftime. That killing stroke was never dealt but I think that with another stint of rest and MORE and MORE motivation in the coming games they will come out with better intensity and play really well. Great game by the Cats to stay strong and get out with the win. It's now the most wonderful time of the year!!
Its a W. We turn it up when we need to and thats all that matters.
back_in_black Wrote:John Wall, Mark Krebs, Ramon Harris, Perry Stevenson, Patrick Patterson

:thanks:
The second half they all looked like they were just going 50%...and yet they still won which is a good thing, but if its like that in the Big Show they will get beat by a mediocre team. But if they put together a solid 40 minute game, then lookout final four.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Its a W. We turn it up when we need to and thats all that matters.

You can't always do that.
Another top 50 win for UK. It's so hard to imagine where UK would have been under Gillipse. Probably .500 and another NIT bid.

Im so thankful for Coach Cal
ComfortEagle Wrote:This UK team often plays down to their competition and lets up once they have a substantial lead. It's happened all year. But we've also seen, in nearly every game, they have risen back to finish the game.

I hope I am right when I say that the games in the NCAA tourney (where you win or go home) will incite better play than a meaningless game against Florida. Was it Senior Day? Yeah, but actually winning the game wouldn't have meant much. UK has already won the SEC outright and almost every analyst is saying UK is a guaranteed #1 seed no matter what happens in the SEC tourney.

With no motivation, other than to just win on Senior Day, I think UK did alright today.

Great post and I agree 100%. This is very typical of a young team.