Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Big Apple National/International
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Johnson Central will be leaving this week to compete in the Big Apple. Wanted to say thank you to Lisa Wheeler from Pikeville for allowing them to exhibit yesterday at Mountain Classic. Good Luck Girls!!! Lets bring back a banner:Cheerlead
Good Luck JCHS. Hopefully everyone will stay healthy and injury free.
Good Luck...and Mrs Wheeler is the best!!
Congratulations to the JCHS Cheerleaders for winning NCA National/Big Apple in New York City. The girls had and awesome performance. Also they were named Natinally the Best Tumblers and Best Jumps of the Big Apple as well. Way to go JCHS!
First off....Congrats to the girls! I know they have worked very hard!

Now...here is my question. Why travel all the way to New York to be in a cheer event when you have ZERO competition? Easier to win I guess. Rumor has it that the squad was made smaller (by sidelining 3 girls) to drop a division, where there was no one to compete against. Kinda sounds unfair to those 3 girls, their families and the rest of the squad after all the hard work they have done all season. But, I guess a National Title does look good on your "resume", all be it uncontested.

Here is a link showing the teams and divisions: Bottom left box.

http://www.nationalspirit.com/pdfs/big_apple_po.pdf
Magnum PI Wrote:First off....Congrats to the girls! I know they have worked very hard!

Now...here is my question. Why travel all the way to New York to be in a cheer event when you have ZERO competition? Easier to win I guess. Rumor has it that the squad was made smaller (by sidelining 3 girls) to drop a division, where there was no one to compete against. Kinda sounds unfair to those 3 girls, their families and the rest of the squad after all the hard work they have done all season. But, I guess a National Title does look good on your "resume", all be it uncontested.

Here is a link showing the teams and divisions: Bottom left box.

http://www.nationalspirit.com/pdfs/big_apple_po.pdf

First of all thank you for congrats to the girls. You are so right they do work hard, just like every cheer team.
The answer to your question. When one plans on a national competition, which was decided by the coach during the summer of 09, of course to plan for costs, no one knows how many or who you will be competing against until the schedule is posted. Which was posted on Monday, a week before the competition. Next, for Magnum PI, your investigation lead you to totally wrong info. The team did not drop 3 girls to be in a competition that would allow them to compete against no one. They had a total of 21 girls to start with. One as I am sure you should know with your investigative info that this young lady is the one who was injured two days before Regional competition. She was not released to participate so, with divisions according to NCA 20 is medium and 21 is large. So now it is easy to understand why they had to go to medium. But, when they post the results they will show you that even if our injured young lady had been released and we would have been in the large division we still would have won because we scored higher than all public schools there. And by the way, the Best Tumbling and Best Jump championships was overall the teams involved. These girls not only had the opportunity to win a National Title, but they had a very educational trip with all the opportunties that they had as well. Cultural education makes for a very well rounded individual and they were lucky enough to have that opportunity as well. These girls have a great Boosters that worked hard all year to give these young ladies this AWESOME opportunity. Any way you look at it they are National Champs. Can't take that away from them. No need to be jealous.:Cheerlead
Bubbles Wrote:First of all thank you for congrats to the girls. You are so right they do work hard, just like every cheer team.
The answer to your question. When one plans on a national competition, which was decided by the coach during the summer of 09, of course to plan for costs, no one knows how many or who you will be competing against until the schedule is posted. Which was posted on Monday, a week before the competition. Next, for Magnum PI, your investigation lead you to totally wrong info. The team did not drop 3 girls to be in a competition that would allow them to compete against no one. They had a total of 21 girls to start with. One as I am sure you should know with your investigative info that this young lady is the one who was injured two days before Regional competition. She was not released to participate so, with divisions according to NCA 20 is medium and 21 is large. So now it is easy to understand why they had to go to medium. But, when they post the results they will show you that even if our injured young lady had been released and we would have been in the large division we still would have won because we scored higher than all public schools there. And by the way, the Best Tumbling and Best Jump championships was overall the teams involved. These girls not only had the opportunity to win a National Title, but they had a very educational trip with all the opportunties that they had as well. Cultural education makes for a very well rounded individual and they were lucky enough to have that opportunity as well. These girls have a great Boosters that worked hard all year to give these young ladies this AWESOME opportunity. Any way you look at it they are National Champs. Can't take that away from them. No need to be jealous.:Cheerlead

Not jealous, far from it. If I'm not mistaken our girls are or will be some where else. BUT, if you would have noticed I said "rumor has it". Guess you could say I still have a sour taste in my mouth after KAPOS. BUT, I shouldn't be that way. The girls had nothing to do with it and you can tell that they are a good squad that has worked very hard. So I did do a little more investigating. And from what I found the girls performed pretty darn good! They were the highest scoring squad of the public schools category making them the overall champions. They were awarded overall titles for best jumps and best tumbling. :notworthy :worthy:

This is GREAT accomplishment for these girls! CONGRATS! You have made the 15th Region and KY proud!!!! :Cheerlead
Magnum, PI
Thank you for investigating further to find the truth. I can understand your bitter taste from KAPOS. However, as you correctly said, this had absolutely NOTHING to do with the GIRLS. And of course NCA has nothing to do with KAPOS. So once again your are correct: They did make Eastern Kentucky and the 15th Region very PROUD indeed. Let the success of ALL 15th region teams continue no matter what Kentucky school they represent. We should always support our OWN!
Check the JCHS Article. Great Photo and article by the Painstville Herald. Thank you!

http://www.paintsvilleherald.com

Click on the sports page.
Good Luck JCHS!!