Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (23)Maryland 79 - (4)Duke 72
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
FINAL
:Clap:

....students rush the court....
Final
Boy waste no time with this one lol
or this one...Makes all you so happy to see duke get beat lol
What implications does this have on the ACC race?
Heck yeah! Cats win + Dookie loss = Great night!
As of right now they are tied in the ACC standings and if they both win out this weekend they will both be granted to hang the ACC banner because of a tie. But anyway I thought there were some somewhat controversial calls but in no way changed the outcome of this game. Vasquez made a couple clutch shots toward the end and Duke did nothing. But the good news is Duke will come in ready to go against UNC saturday. GO DUKE!
WoJo Wrote:As of right now they are tied in the ACC standings and if they both win out this weekend they will both be granted to hang the ACC banner because of a tie. But anyway I thought there were some somewhat controversial calls but in no way changed the outcome of this game. Vasquez made a couple clutch shots toward the end and Duke did nothing. But the good news is Duke will come in ready to go against UNC saturday. GO DUKE!

Ready to go? lol Against UNC? They could be hungover and beat UNC.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Ready to go? lol Against UNC? They could be hungover and beat UNC.

Rankings and record dont matter in this game. Best rivalry in college basketball anything could happen. Although it is at Cameron so its gonna be tough for UNC but like i said this big of a rivalry things like that dont make much of a difference.
WoJo Wrote:Rankings and record dont matter in this game. Best rivalry in college basketball anything could happen. Although it is at Cameron so its gonna be tough for UNC but like i said this big of a rivalry things like that dont make much of a difference.

they beat north carolina by 10 at north carolina. dont be shocked to see an blowout.
Myself i want carolina to win so maryland gets the acc title.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Myself i want carolina to win so maryland gets the acc title.

^^This
Wildcatk23 Wrote:they beat north carolina by 10 at north carolina. dont be shocked to see an blowout.

I hope you are right!

Wildcatk23 Wrote:Myself i want carolina to win so maryland gets the acc title.

I just dont see it happening.
UK dominates Georgia, and Duke loses.. What a night!
WoJo Wrote:I hope you are right!

I just dont see it happening.

I dont see it happening either but who knows.
cards_athlete Wrote:UK dominates Georgia, and Duke loses.. What a night!

Dont know why you are bragging on UK beating the worst team in the SEC but anyways Duke still has more wins against RPI top 50 teams (even the almighty UK :moon: ). I would to see them match up in the tourny.
cards_athlete Wrote:UK dominates Georgia, and Duke loses.. What a night!

I'm a Belfry fan and you are a SC fan, but we can agree on one thing. Go 'Cats and will someone please tell Dook they are not a number 1 seed!!!. BTW, cards_athlete Good Luck to the Cards against Belfry tonight. This could be a heck of a game.
Duke probably is more of a solid number 2 seed but it i dont think it really matters cause all a number one seed is, is bragging rights but number 1 or number 2 seed pretty much a guarantee shot to the 2nd round.
WoJo Wrote:Duke probably is more of a solid number 2 seed but it i dont think it really matters cause all a number one seed is, is bragging rights but number 1 or number 2 seed pretty much a guarantee shot to the 2nd round.

I agree WoJo. Solid number 2. Very dangerous in a one game matchup. With any consistent inside play, this would be a fantastic Duke team.
WoJo Wrote:Dont know why you are bragging on UK beating the worst team in the SEC but anyways Duke still has more wins against RPI top 50 teams (even the almighty UK :moon: ). I would to see them match up in the tourny.

Match up? How exactly could you possibly match up against us?
Yep WoJo I don't think you would want that matchup. Duke may have a slight overall edge on the perimeter just because of UK's inconsistency, but inside there is a huge advantage toward the Cats. My objective guess would be UK by 8-10.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Match up? How exactly could you possibly match up against us?

lol not very well but tournament time anything can happen. Duke looks very good in the future with the Plumlee brothers and Kyrie Irvin coming in. Mason Plumlee is my favorite player on that team. He dont contribute much right now but a year or 2 more with Coach K. look out. he is gonna be a beast.
bucslover68 Wrote:Yep WoJo I don't think you would want that matchup. Duke may have a slight overall edge on the perimeter just because of UK's inconsistency, but inside there is a huge advantage toward the Cats. My objective guess would be UK by 8-10.

UK would have the upper hand on the inside and you are probably right on your predicted score but if the three S's (Scheyer, Singler, Smith) was hitting there shots behind the arc then i think it would be a really close game. But Duke has no one to guard Wall on the fast break but they have one of the best half court defenses in the country.
Duke is nowhere near athletic enough to be able to play with UK. Wall would dominate and so would Cousins. They would probably win by at least 15.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Duke is nowhere near athletic enough to be able to play with UK. Wall would dominate and so would Cousins. They would probably win by at least 15.

:Thumbs:
WoJo Wrote:Dont know why you are bragging on UK beating the worst team in the SEC but anyways Duke still has more wins against RPI top 50 teams (even the almighty UK :moon: ). I would to see them match up in the tourny.
UGA is not the worst in the SEC. LSU is. Georgia has played everyone tough this year. Most of the announcers on ESPN even said that no one wants to play Georgia.
Dookie V will still get their one seed. They could lose to UNC Saturday night and their opening round Asheshe game and STILL get a one seed.
dUKe will still win the ACC tournament, thus they will secure one of the #1 seeds. This is not a bad loss for them at all.
Whooooo!!! Go terps!!!!!
:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Duke may get a 1 seed in the NCAA still yet.
Pages: 1 2