Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How will the Top 5 change?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well obviously Purdue is out with R. Hummel getting hurt. I hope Duke moves up a couple spots. The way they were playing in January they didnt deserve to be in the top 10 but the have turned it on in Feb. Here is my opinion based on what happened this past week.

1. Syracuse
2. Duke
3.UK
4.Kansas
5.Kansas St.

JMO now, go easy on me.
WoJo Wrote:Well obviously Purdue is out with R. Hummel getting hurt. I hope Duke moves up a couple spots. The way they were playing in January they didnt deserve to be in the top 10 but the have turned it on in Feb. Here is my opinion based on what happened this past week.

1. Syracuse
2. Duke
3.UK
4.Kansas
5.Kansas St.

JMO now, go easy on me.

:Thumbs:
Looks good to me. I believe that UK should be higher than Kansas because they lost to a top 20 team ON THE ROAD, IN CONFERENCE.
lwc Wrote:Looks good to me. I believe that UK should be higher than Kansas because they lost to a top 20 team ON THE ROAD, IN CONFERENCE.

Yeah that was my thinking too.
I am sorry but just because KU and UK lose doesn't mean a 4 loss Duke team should jump both.
1. Syracuse
2. Kansas
3. Kentucky
4. Duke
5. Kansas State
lwc Wrote:Looks good to me. I believe that UK should be higher than Kansas because they lost to a top 20 team ON THE ROAD, IN CONFERENCE.

Good point.
1. Syracuse- Huge win over a top 10 team
2. Kentucky- Lost on the road to a top 20 team.
3. Kansas- Lost on the road to an unranked team
4. Kansas State
5. Duke
1. Syracuse-#1 by default and they deserve it.
2. Kansas-Drops a spot with the loss to OK State on the road
3. Kentucky-Drops a spot with the loss to Tennessee on the road
4. Duke-Moves up a spot with Purdue's loss to Michigan State
5. Kansas State-Moves up a spot with Purdue's loss as well

Now for you guys who make the argument that UK should jump KU in the polls just think like this. Both were in Conference games on the road. KU loss to Tennessee at Tennessee also earlier in the year. Their other loss was to a decent OK State team. UK's other loss was to USC on the road as well, but a team that is not nearly as good as OK State. Sorry guys even as I bleed big blue, I see the truth.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1. Syracuse
2. Kansas
3. Kentucky
4. Duke
5. Kansas State

yup, I'll have to go with this one. you can argue about who to put at the 2 spot between Kansas and Kentucky. but I think they would give the edge to Kansas1!
The Blue Blur Wrote:1. Syracuse-#1 by default and they deserve it.

Now for you guys who make the argument that UK should jump KU in the polls just think like this. Both were in Conference games on the road. KU loss to Tennessee at Tennessee also earlier in the year. Their other loss was to a decent OK State team. UK's other loss was to USC on the road as well, but a team that is not nearly as good as OK State. Sorry guys even as I bleed big blue, I see the truth.
:Thumbs: Well said.
The Blue Blur Wrote:1. Syracuse-#1 by default and they deserve it.

+1 and Ill agree especially with your last statement. There is nothing wrong with being a Big Blue fan and not wearing rose colored glasses. You are a UK fan with common sense. Nothing wrong with that at all, my friend.
2. Kansas
3. Kentucky
4. Duke
5. Kansas State

Exactly what they stated on ESPN. It went like this.

Syracuse stays at #1 because of their record in the BEAST and being the top team over Villanova.

Kansas and UK do not get knocked for road losses in their conference

dUKe, well, their dUKe.

KSU is 10-2 on the road, which makes them a scary team in the big dance.
2. Kansas
3. Kentucky
4. Duke
5. Kansas State

This is definitely how it is going to be. Anything else would just be wrong. :Thumbs:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:+1 and Ill agree especially with your last statement. There is nothing wrong with being a Big Blue fan and not wearing rose colored glasses. You are a UK fan with common sense. Nothing wrong with that at all, my friend.

I may be reading into this post too much, but is it rose-colored glasses to think that there is a MAJOR difference in losing on the road to a ranked, conference opponent vs. losing on the road to the 7th place Big 12 team?

I know there are many UK fans that are just unbelievable in their statements (just tune into a call-in-show sometime :HitWallSmile But is that a distorted statement?
Syracuse is #1 for a week
theVILLE Wrote:Syracuse is #1 for a week

:Thumbs:
Who does Syracuse play this week that might give them trouble?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Who does Syracuse play this week that might give them trouble?

3/2 St. Johns
3/6 @ Louisville
lwc Wrote:I may be reading into this post too much, but is it rose-colored glasses to think that there is a MAJOR difference in losing on the road to a ranked, conference opponent vs. losing on the road to the 7th place Big 12 team?

I know there are many UK fans that are just unbelievable in their statements (just tune into a call-in-show sometime :HitWallSmile But is that a distorted statement?
No not at all..I see what you are saying, but I was comparing both teams' TWO losses..and the UT loss equals out, but a loss to 14-14 South Carolina is much worse than losing to a 20-8 Oklahoma State team that has some VERY high quality wins..IMO though, Oklahoma State and Tennessee arent that much different..But as far as the rose colored glasses statement, there are a LOT of UK fans that think this UK team could beat the '96 Bulls..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No not at all..I see what you are saying, but I was comparing both teams' TWO losses..and the UT loss equals out, but a loss to 14-14 South Carolina is much worse than losing to a 20-8 Oklahoma State team that has some VERY high quality wins..IMO though, Oklahoma State and Tennessee arent that much different..But as far as the rose colored glasses statement, there are a LOT of UK fans that think this UK team could beat the '96 Bulls..

I think outside of the box and have agreed with most of what you said. I like to watch Oklahoma State because of their UK ties, Travis Ford head coach, former UK player to be Matt Pilgram. Wished we'd kept him over Harrellson. Anyways I can't agree with the statement OK State and Tennessee aren't much different. Tennessee is ranked, and have been all season.