Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Oklahoma State 85 - (1) Kansas 77
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Huge win for Ok State and UK. This loss is worse for Kansas than Tenn was for UK. Tenn was at least ranked and had a win over Kansas. Maybe we wont fall to far in the poles now.
Well atleast this will take some of the spotlight off of us and onto KU.
So does UK take the #1 spot now? Even though we lost today, our loss was against a better opponent.
ComfortEagle Wrote:So does UK take the #1 spot now? Even though we lost today, our loss was against a better opponent.

Do you all think if Syracuse wins tonight, that they will go to #1. I think, if they did, then I would put them as number 1. what you all think

they where a bunch of upsets today as well
Strikeout King Wrote:Final

Great win for Travis?
sstack Wrote:Great win for Travis?

OOPS, I Meant it to read; Great win for Travis!!!!
NYY10 Wrote:Do you all think if Syracuse wins tonight, that they will go to #1. I think, if they did, then I would put them as number 1. what you all think

they where a bunch of upsets today as well
If Cuse wins, they will go to #1. Kansas and UK will fall in behind them if the pollsters dont put Duke ahead of UK. Which is likely but it sure isn't justified.
If Syracuse beats the 8th ranked team in the country tonight, theyll for certain go to number 1..and I would expect Kansas and UK to round out the top 3..
If Syrauce and Purdue both win.then i would put it like this..

1.Syracuse
2.Purdue
3.Kentucky.. could be KU
4.Kansas..could be UK
5.Duke

but Purdue winning tomorrow, is very doubtful. so Duke might jump to 4. I dont think they would jump KU and KY, at least I hope they wouldn't.

Not too sure, would have to wait and see what Syracuse and Purdue do!!
Purdue plays Michigan St. tomm. So Purdue could get beat.
A much needed win for the Cowboys.
James Anderson has to be in the national player of the year talk. He put up 27 tonight and is averaging 22 on the year.
Syracuse will be ranked #1, but I believe UK should be #2, not Kansas.

Kansas was getting blown out by a AVERAGE OK State team, UK was getting UT's best shot on the road and still had a chance to pull it off in the end, KU didn't have a shot to win the game.
NO, Syracuse will not be #1 If Purdue Wins tomm they will be #1
UK should drop to #5
I think it goes like this...
Syracuse
Kansas
Kentucky
Duke
Purdue
or
Purdue
Syracuse
Kansas
Kentucky
Duke
As you can see it all depends on how purdue does tommorow
RavenBoy Wrote:NO, Syracuse will not be #1 If Purdue Wins tomm they will be #1
UK should drop to #5
#5? Who goes ahead of them? I guess you think Duke should? I think they will because of media bias but they shouldn't.
Amun-Ra Wrote:#5? Who goes ahead of them? I guess you think Duke should? I think they will because of media bias but they shouldn't.

Media Bias???Wow are you serious..everybody has jumped on the uK badwagon this season!
They might have but dont think for one friggin min that ESPN does not have butt love for Duke. Please get real.
Amun-Ra Wrote:They might have but dont think for one friggin min that ESPN does not have butt love for Duke. Please get real.

I agree...but you need to get real and realize that UK is the hot topic right now and the media is eating it alive! I mean every day on espn its something with John wall and his stupid dance or downey shoing him up or him hitting a buzzerbeater!
theVILLE Wrote:I think it goes like this...
Syracuse
Kansas
Kentucky
Duke
Purdue
or
Purdue
Syracuse
Kansas
Kentucky
Duke
As you can see it all depends on how purdue does tommorow

this is terrible. KU in front of UK? was their loss better? lmao. and purdue would only fall 2 spots with a loss when duke won? terrible.

if purdue wins.
purdue
syracuse
duke
kentucky
kansas.

if purdue loses.
syracuse
duke
kentucky
kansas
purdue.
theVILLE Wrote:I agree...but you need to get real and realize that UK is the hot topic right now and the media is eating it alive! I mean every day on espn its something with John wall and his stupid dance or downey shoing him up or him hitting a buzzerbeater!
Ur right UK is all over ESPN when we are winning. Duke can have a record like the Nets and still get just as much coverage. You can't deny it. It has been that way for a long time.
Seriously Greenstuff? Duke @ #2 or #3 and they have 4 losses. Yea they just played some tough competition other night. Tulsa at home.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Seriously Greenstuff? Duke @ #2 or #3 and they have 4 losses. Yea they just played some tough competition other night. Tulsa at home.

trust me, i dont want duke in the top 300 in the nation. im just saying with how the rankings are now thats how it will go. dont jump on me thinking i have any sort of feelings for the dukies. i would rather be slapped in the face then say anything good about them.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Ur right UK is all over ESPN when we are winning. Duke can have a record like the Nets and still get just as much coverage. You can't deny it. It has been that way for a long time.

so now if Purdue loses, the top 5 shoule look like this imo
1.syracuse
2.kentucky
3.kansas
4.duke
5.kansas st
Duke wont jump Kentucky or Kansas
TidesHoss32 Wrote:If Syracuse beats the 8th ranked team in the country tonight, theyll for certain go to number 1..and I would expect Kansas and UK to round out the top 3..

I look for Kansas to fall out of the top 5. I think the highest ranking they will get after this week will be the #5 spot. Like Ive said over and over Kansas is not good enough to be the #1 team in the nation. If Kansas played UK 10 times UK would win 9 out of 10 times.
My top 5 would look like this:

1. Syracuse
2. Purdue
3. Kentucky
4. Kansas St
5. Duke
NYY10 Wrote:Duke wont jump Kentucky or Kansas

:Thumbs:
I think it should be:

1. Syracuse
2. Kansas
3. Kentucky