Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville College to play at Kentucky and Mississippi State Next Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville College will travel to Starkville next season to take on the Bulldogs of Mississippi State and to Lexington to take on John Calipari and the Kentucky Wildcats.

Thoughts?
Good to see this..Pville has alot of talent this season
One thing to look at during the UK v. Pikeville game is that Landon Slone will probably be starting for the Bears against his former team.
I wonder if MSU fans will throw bolttles at them considering there from Ky? lol
It will be a good experience for the Pikeville players to play in two SEC stadiums. Other than that, it is just a couple of exhibition games.
That is really exciting!!! I cant wait to see the PC players get this kind of exposure. I think that it is great for the program.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Pikeville College will travel to Starkville next season to take on the Bulldogs of Mississippi State and to Lexington to take on John Calipari and the Kentucky Wildcats.

Thoughts?

Is Calipari going to suit up for this one? :lmao:
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:I wonder if MSU fans will throw bolttles at them considering there from Ky? lol

:lmao:
superfreak Wrote:Is Calipari going to suit up for this one? :lmao:

Wow man that was hilarious.
i would like to see them go beat the dogs
Pikeville just wants to be slapped in the face apparently.
Landon Slone should have never played for UK though. Either way PC will get killed by both teams but its cool their playing those D1 teams
superfreak Wrote:is calipari going to suit up for this one? :lmao:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Exhibition games, people. No one is proposing that Pikeville beats either of these teams...good exposure for the college and its athletes, good experience, and the money's good, I'm sure.
I'm sure Pikeville will get "killed" by KY and Miss St but it's great they get that opportunity to play the big boys and the exposure that comes with it.
Nice recruiting pitch if you're coach Wells. "Son, we're playing at Rupp and in Starkville next year, you sure you want to go to Georgetown?"
PC_You_Know Wrote:Nice recruiting pitch if you're coach Wells. "Son, we're playing at Rupp and in Starkville next year, you sure you want to go to Georgetown?"

I totally agree, this IMO is a huge thing for recuiting at Pikeville. Its good for the players too. I think the Pikeville Basketball program is on the rise and Coach Wells has done a excellent job there.
MVP2 Wrote:I totally agree, this IMO is a huge thing for recuiting at Pikeville. Its good for the players too. I think the Pikeville Basketball program is on the rise and Coach Wells has done a excellent job there.

I don't see how coach Wells can stay at PC much longer. He is an amazing recruiter, and IMO deserves a D-1 job.
Im not sure they will hang with UK, but I think they can hang with a school like Miss State. Georgetown has made a habit of giving teams like Louisville and Pittsburgh FITS over the past three or four years, and I dont see why Pikeville couldnt give MSU a tussle..not saying theyll beat them, but MSU would have to earn that win..
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:I wonder if MSU fans will throw bolttles at them considering there from Ky? lol

lol..:Clap:
I like games like these...games like these can really help your team from what they can learn but they could hurt for I do believe they could destroy a team's confidence
Wow and double wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It will help pc
Bears will also be playing at Marshall.

So that's playing two SEC teams and a C-USA team.

Pretty impressive... great job coach Wells!
Very good scheduling for Coach Wells. I really think that he is doing a good job of setting the team up for a great season next year. I think that they have kind of stumbled of late but a schedule like this will really give the experience to a team like them. Cant wait to see these games.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I don't see how coach Wells can stay at PC much longer. He is an amazing recruiter, and IMO deserves a D-1 job.

Right on....Kelly Wells is a great coach and person..Played in 3 sweet sixteens with Rowan Co as a player....State Title w/ Mason Co in 03 and would have had 2 in a row if it hadn't been for Whitney's 3'rees and Lonell DeWalt going off on the boards for 16 rebounds...that game sucked if you were a MC Royals fan...Lofton just couldn't carry them on his shoulders like in 03...Coach Wells is going to do well..and I agree, deserves to be in Div1....good to see they will be playing UK again
I wonder how much PC is getting paid to play these exhibition games? I'm sure the money is needed by all of their sports programs.
I think I heard it is like 30,000 for a game
is this a pre-season game or regular season game???
^ It preseason. PC is NAIA