Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Has Anybody Realized......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That Patrick Patterson is 719 points away from Dan Issel on the all time scoring list at Kentucky? Through 83 games played in his career Patterson has averaged 16.5 a game meaning that he is about 44 games away from breaking the record if he continues to score at that pace. With several games left this season and an entire senior year available he would break the record (if he stays healthy and maintains his average points per game) in February/March of 2011. Will the very real possibility of this happening be enough to make P Pat do the unthinkable and come back for one final year as a Wildcat? If anybody will ever break this record it will be Patterson and I think he will at least consider staying.....
nope, he is gone after this season. Why stay around another year and take your chances on getting hurt. If his numbers are high enough, he is gone!
I am sure he will think about it, but most likely he will go. I think that record is safe for a while, because if anyone is good enough to break it, they will not stay 4 years to try it. If he was to leave what ranked will you guys think he will end up?
Im a long shot from thebiggest UK fan, but PPAT is my favorite to watch this season! Noway will he stay
Patrick Patterson announced at the starting of this year that it was his last season. He was completing his degree and going to the NBA.
Yeah, unfortunately I don't think that there's gonna be anyway that he stays for his senior season.
Dan Issel scored 2138 pts in 3 seasons and played in 83 games total.
Patrick has already played in 86 games, 3 mnore than Dan played his whole career. I don't think any player will ever break this record in 3 season as the record was set when freshmen couldn't play varsity. If Patrick were to stay he could possibly break the scoring record, but he would have to have a really good season.
No way that Patterson comes back for the 2010-2011 season. We're lucky he came back for this season.
No way that he comes back, the risk of injury is too much even for that kind of record. If he gets a NC his legend will be just as big.
kyrifle Wrote:Dan Issel scored 2138 pts in 3 seasons and played in 83 games total.
Patrick has already played in 86 games, 3 mnore than Dan played his whole career. I don't think any player will ever break this record in 3 season as the record was set when freshmen couldn't play varsity. If Patrick were to stay he could possibly break the scoring record, but he would have to have a really good season.
Issel also set the record without the advantage of a 3 point shot at that time. He was a big man who could step out and shoot what would be considered as a 3 today as well as anybody.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:No way that he comes back, the risk of injury is too much even for that kind of record. If he gets a NC his legend will be just as big.

There is the risk of injury but there is also the possibility of raising his draft stock if Cousins does not return and more of the scoring load is placed on Patterson
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Issel also set the record without the advantage of a 3 point shot at that time. He was a big man who could step out and shoot what would be considered as a 3 today as well as anybody.
With the three point shot and freshmen eligibility, Issel would have easily surpassed 3200 points..I would love to have seen how many Louie Dampier would have scored with the 3 ball too, considering he held (or holds, I should say) pretty much every ABA record there was to hold..
outdoorsman43 Wrote:No way that Patterson comes back for the 2010-2011 season. We're lucky he came back for this season.

:Thumbs:
Brooks4Prez Wrote:There is the risk of injury but there is also the possibility of raising his draft stock if Cousins does not return and more of the scoring load is placed on Patterson

I know his draft stock has went down because of Cuz but I still do not think he can risk a possible injury.
Cuz hasn't changed is draft stock just dropped him down one spot. Only kidding.
What's 75000 dollars when you are talking multi millions?
Isn't it great to have these problems instead of suffering like we were a year ago. I remember growing up that our schedule was made around UK's basketball TV games. Last couple of years there were times I did not even know they played until I saw the results on Sportscenter. Recruiting should not be a problem for a while. Let's wish them well, thank them for the thrill, and reload.
I would love for him to come back but I think he is gone.
Patterson is still projected as a possible lottery pick and 11th on ESPN Chad Ford's Big Board.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draf...ear%3d2010
I don't see him coming back under any circumstance. With UNC's Ed Davis breaking his wrist I look for Patterson slide back up the board.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Patterson is still projected as a possible lottery pick and 11th on ESPN Chad Ford's Big Board.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draf...ear%3d2010
I don't see him coming back under any circumstance. With UNC's Ed Davis breaking his wrist I look for Patterson slide back up the board.

:Thumbs: