Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK 2010 Middle School Passing Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coaches,

Please find attached the Brochure for the 3rd Annual Middle School Passing Tournament to be held at the University of Kentucky on Saturday, June 12th.

For more information or to register, please contact Spencer County Middle School Coach Jeremy Bass at [email]jtbass@kymiddleschoolfootball.com[/email] or 502.643.5142

This tournament has a limit of 32 teams. Please register soon.

Thank you
Teams who have committed to the UK Middle School 7 on 7 on June 12th as of today -

UK (June 12th) (32 team limit)-
1 Raceland
2 Gallatin County
3 Frankfort
4 Lone Oak
5 Lexington Catholic
6 Spencer County
7 Caldwell County
8 Summitt View
9 Allen
10 Owensboro Catholic
11 South Oldham
12 Knox County
13 Dayton (Ohio)
14 Leslie County
15 Campbell County
16 Betsy Lane
17 Knoxville Falcons (Tennessee)
18 Anderson County
19 Tates Creek
20 Bourbon County
21 Williamsburg
22 Bloomfield
23 Scott County

This is the largest middle school 7 on 7 in this part of the country. There are teams from out of state who are inquiring about attending.

If you are interested in playing, please email me personally to reserve a spot and I will email you the form to mail in (along with your $175 registration fee).

Your players will play on NCAA Division 1 facilities in front of UK's staff and players. It is an awesome experience for a middle school player and his parents, that I can assure you.

For more info, email me at [email]jtbass@kymiddleschoolfootball.com[/email]
Coaches and fans,

On behalf of the KMSFA, we would like to invite you (even if your team isn't playing) to come enjoy the 2010 UK 7 on 7 tournament this Saturday. It will be a great event, will offer full access to the entire UK practice facility, the UK Coaching Staff and players, along with some of the best middle school players from across the state (and beyond).

Admission is free.

The following 25 teams are playing this Saturday -

Adams
Anderson County
Betsy Layne
Bloomfield
Bourbon County
Caldwell County
Campbell County
Clark
Dayton (OH)
Frankfort
Hazelwood (IN)
Knox County
Knoxville (TN)
Leslie County
Lexington Catholic
Lone Oak
Meece
Owensboro Catholic
Pike Central
Raceland
Rowan County
Scott County
Spencer County
St. Aloysius
Tates Creek
any results?
I dont know who won the overall event, but Betsy Layne was in the final 4. They were knocked off by a team from Knoxville on a last second touchdown, while up by a point. The play was the last on of the game, in the back of the endzone, boobled 5 or 6 times, and the kid was half out of bounds when control was gained and the TD was called. Overall a great day for the BOBCATS and the little guys played like big men.
no dought in my mind that Jarredd Jarrell is the best QB in middle school football and will be the best at the next level, if you havn't seen him play QB be sure to take the time to come out and see him very impressive...
Knoxville, TN defeated Anderson County in the championship game on Saturday.

There were 22 teams total who showed.

On a side note, I was watching the game with Betsy Layne vs Knoxville. It was a great "catch" by the kid from Knoxville. UK Coach Tee Martin said the score was 25-24 BLMS when Knoxville got that last play off with 3 seconds to play.

I think Betsy Layne had a great day, from what I saw. Good group of kids.

There were a few other team from the mountains there too. Pike Central and Adams were there as well.

Hope everyone had a great day.
Jarred Jarrell in my opinion is one of the finest young quaterbacks I have ever seen play, but the best part is he is also a fine young man. His parents should be proud (and probably are)
Recznik Wrote:no dought in my mind that Jarredd Jarrell is the best QB in middle school football and will be the best at the next level, if you havn't seen him play QB be sure to take the time to come out and see him very impressive...

I watched the Jarrell kid play in their first game against Anderson Co. and he looked very good against a tough Anderson Co. team that beat us 24-22. He had good touch and made nice decisions but as good as he is, he is still a step behind Lex Cath's QB (Reese Ryan) according to Joker Phillips anyway. But then he added "at least in 7 on 7 competition". Which means something but not a whole lot of something. The thing that is going to make it tough on Lex Cath this year is how short we are with our 8th grade players this fall. We finished as the 4th seed at the U.K.'s passing tourney even though we only had four 8th graders. Betsy Lane looked very impressive with good size at their skilled positions.
now Scott. Co. did beat LC. by a pretty big #. In which J. Jerrall and the Bobcats did handle Scott Co. pretty easy. I'm sure that the Mr. Ryan is very talented and thats fantastic, but this Jarrell kid is raw, he is beyond freshman and JV quarterbacks around here. I've never seen such a young QB do things at his age...JARRED JARRELL the next big thing in Floyd Co. know doubt in my past experiences...
Recznik Wrote:now Scott. Co. did beat LC. by a pretty big #. In which J. Jerrall and the Bobcats did handle Scott Co. pretty easy. I'm sure that the Mr. Ryan is very talented and thats fantastic, but this Jarrell kid is raw, he is beyond freshman and JV quarterbacks around here. I've never seen such a young QB do things at his age...JARRED JARRELL the next big thing in Floyd Co. know doubt in my past experiences...

Who knows for sure who the best QB in middle school is for sure but you can't use one game against Scott Co. as the tie breaker because if you had seen that game you would understand what i'm saying. We had only 3 8th graders that game and we dropped 10 or 12 wide open passes, (3 of them in the end zone) to lose to them by 10 pts. We had also beaten the Anderson Co. team in that same tourney that Scott Co. had beaten us. No doubt Betsy Lane has a very good team but the fact that you guys lost to Anderson by 6 or 7 pts does'nt mean our QB is better than your QB since we had beaten them the week before and only lost to them by 2 pts in the UK tourney. I"m just refering to a comment that Joker Phillips had made after he watched our game against Anderson Co.
Both you guys are valid in your arguments, because both boys can play the position. I'm lucky that i get to coach Jarredd, because he is full of football knowledge. He is able to read defences and read coverages beyond his years. On top of the talent he is a surburb kid that is very coachable.
Both teams have very good Qb's but last time i checked it is a team sport. As noted above we was in the championship game and only lost to the Knoxville team on that day to clear up the last comment. Yes we did lose a game to Lex Cath in Spencer County at the 7 on 7 tourney, But won the tourney over Lex Cath in the end. Wanted to post about Lex Cath and there coaching staff as they are a catholic school, but very unsportsman. We had a player go down in the game against them at the UK 7 on 7 and while we were attending to him in the end zone they lined up and ran there play, needless to say we still knocked the pass down. I enjoy watching the kids from Catolic play but lost alot of respect for there coaching staff. Hope to see you all in the playoffs again this year. Go MUSTANGS State Runner Ups 2009.
TOOMEY#4 Wrote:Both teams have very good Qb's but last time i checked it is a team sport. As noted above we was in the championship game and only lost to the Knoxville team on that day to clear up the last comment. Yes we did lose a game to Lex Cath in Spencer County at the 7 on 7 tourney, But won the tourney over Lex Cath in the end. Wanted to post about Lex Cath and there coaching staff as they are a catholic school, but very unsportsman. We had a player go down in the game against them at the UK 7 on 7 and while we were attending to him in the end zone they lined up and ran there play, needless to say we still knocked the pass down. I enjoy watching the kids from Catolic play but lost alot of respect for there coaching staff. Hope to see you all in the playoffs again this year. Go MUSTANGS State Runner Ups 2009.

Sorry little man if you got your feelings hurt but when your kid went down the ref told us that there was only 22 seconds left and we had no timeouts. We could either let the clock run out or try and run 2 more plays. We scored on the last play of regulation and we failed on the extra point. Anderson Co. played very well as a team that day and you guys deserved to win it all, but I think you ran out of gas late in the day.
So UK's 7 on 7 they will not stop the clock for an injury and they will allow the DCs/coaches on the defensive side of the LOS during play? Did the officials know the player was down? Never been to a 7 on 7 like that before. I have coached and officiated in them.
Most 7-on-7 allow for a coach on each side of the ball.. The defensive coach has to stay well out of the way, but nevertheless, he can see what's happening..
The OCs stay behind the offense. DCs typically must stay either out the back of the endzone or on the sideline. They do come onto the field during dead balls. That is why I asked about them allowing the DCs on the defensive side of the ball while the ball is in play. A DC on the field while the ball is in play can cause all sorts of problems
barrel Wrote:The OCs stay behind the offense. DCs typically must stay either out the back of the endzone or on the sideline. They do come onto the field during dead balls. That is why I asked about them allowing the DCs on the defensive side of the ball while the ball is in play. A DC on the field while the ball is in play can cause all sorts of problems

I can't remember if the DC were on the field or not, but we asked the ref if he had stopped the clock for the Anderson Co. kid that was down in the corner of the end zone and he just kept staring at his stopwatch while telling us the clock was still running with 22 seconds left. He was implying that the kid was trying to kill the clock, which I personally didn't think was true, so we ran the next play. We never scored on that play anyway but we scored on a 20 yd pass to end regulation play.
Ok why would an official think that a defensive player going down to save time while his team was up during a 7 on 7? That is a guy that doesn't understand what is going on. Follow the rules. Either charge the defense with a TO or give them a penalty but there is no time in football in which a player goes down that the clock is not stopped.

This is when a coach has to step in either way. Is this how a team truly wants to win?
This was a pretty positive experience for Central Middle. We finished 2-2, and was very competitive in the 2 losses. Got a chance to see things that need improving, and some things that we will utilize this upcoming season.
Awww did i touch a nerve o knighted one, still proves my point of you being unsportsman like. Does it make you feel big calling me little man, don't think name calling is catholic like niether. Regardless of what you say the ref was telling you bout the clock running you still didn't win. Hope your players have a great season regardless of what kind of coach you are. Just to let you know Russel is still not practicing due to the injury sustained on that play so there goes your theory of stalling the clock. Can't wait to see you on the field Braydon.