Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (13) Georgetown 70 - Louisville 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Freedom Hall.

Georgetown
A. Freeman - 29 pts, 4 rebs, 4 assts
G. Monroe - 16 pts, 14 rebs, 5 assts, 2 stls

Louisville
E. Sosa - 24 pts, 8 assts, 2 rebs
S. Samuels - 11 pts, 5 rebs
They played like a top 10 team one half and then looked lost in the second...Like they said on tv...there like a box of chocolates you never know what you going to get...lol...That showed...from game to game or half to half you never know how they are going to play....I like the cards though...as long as they dont beat my spartans i hope they win everygame they play!
I wish Sosa would play like this all the time...Sparty that is pretty funnny, but it oh so true! If the cards would play like they did in the 1st they would win ever game...Thats were i say they have the TOP 25 talent! just not the consistency...They got hossed in the 2nd though with Freeman having the half of his life...He is a great player and at halftime i knew he would have a good second half...Samuels was the jey to this, he got so frustrated at himself..he normally makes those shots but couldnt manage to tonight....Sosa PLEASE play like this for the remainder of your career! lol
I think L'ville has a top 25 team, its just that they lack someone other than Samuels who can control the paint. The Cards also lack a true 3-point shooter. Knowles and Delk can knock it down, but they don't have the shooters like Pitino usually has in just about each of his guards.
Louisville had a solid lead at the beginning of the game but it was squandered quickly. I don't know if this hurts them to get into the tourney but it also is a lost game to make a better statement. It doesnt get easier for Pitino.
Cards played very well just did not finish. Freeman went nuts in the second half and carried Gtown. Didn't he do this earlier in the season against Pitt or Uconn?
LMAO Gonna be 4 losses in a row!
RavenBoy Wrote:LMAO Gonna be 4 losses in a row!

Time for them to collapse!!! :rockon:
I think that they finish Freedom Hall off with Villanova. Thats smarts.
This game was a microcosm of their entire season.
No, they finish Freedom Hall off with Syracuse on March 6. I believe they loose at UCONN this weekend, Loose at Marquette next Wednesday and prolly win against Syracuse in Freedom Halls last game. I think that Looserville will need to win 2 games at the Big East Conference Tournament to secure themselves in the NCAA. If not, Pitino will have had 3 NIT tournaments in his 9 years at Looserville, not exactly what Looserville Fans expected.
Very happy to see UofL lose, I hate them.
Well, good luck in the NIT Louisville.
No way does UL go to the NIT...they are in the tourney! One more win and there in regardless of whom they play...If UL has to win the conference tourney they will!
^ This being the guy who said UL would beat UK
theVILLE Wrote:No way does UL go to the NIT...they are in the tourney! One more win and there in regardless of whom they play...If UL has to win the conference tourney they will!

really now?
Doug Gottlieb has Looserville not making the NCAA Tournament.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think L'ville has a top 25 team, its just that they lack someone other than Samuels who can control the paint. The Cards also lack a true 3-point shooter. Knowles and Delk can knock it down, but they don't have the shooters like Pitino usually has in just about each of his guards.

I think you summed it up pretty good!
lousiville doesnt deserve to be in the ncaa tourny
baller4life Wrote:lousiville doesnt deserve to be in the ncaa tourny

as far as quality wins UL has a better one than KU does! Louisville will be in the tourney! That may be all they do but they will be there
I dont think that losing to G-town hurts but it doesnt give them a boost. It just takes one more game away from their resume.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I dont think that losing to G-town hurts but it doesnt give them a boost. It just takes one more game away from their resume.

yeah i mean when a team is ranked alot higher than you, that means there expected to win doesnt it??
theVILLE Wrote:yeah i mean when a team is ranked alot higher than you, that means there expected to win doesnt it??

Well why couldn't a ranked UofL team beat Charlotte, UNLV, and West Carolina when the Cards were ranked earlier in the season? These are the losses that has hurt the Cards the most. These losses to Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Georgetown, Villanova, Kentucky, and other top teams doesn't hurt so much like their three bad losses early in the season.

Their win at Syracuse is the only thing keeping them alive at this point. They have a must-win coming up at UConn (another bubble team). This game will be huge for both the Cards and Huskies. But back to Louisville: if they can win at UConn, at Marquette, and at least a game in the Big East Tournament, I think they're in.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well why couldn't a ranked UofL team beat Charlotte, UNLV, and West Carolina when the Cards were ranked earlier in the season? These are the losses that has hurt the Cards the most. These losses to Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Georgetown, Villanova, Kentucky, and other top teams doesn't hurt so much like their three bad losses early in the season.

Their win at Syracuse is the only thing keeping them alive at this point. They have a must-win coming up at UConn (another bubble team). This game will be huge for both the Cards and Huskies. But back to Louisville: if they can win at UConn, at Marquette, and at least a game in the Big East Tournament, I think they're in.

At this point, I think that UConn is almost a lock and UL really does need to steal one from them. I really dont know if they can do it and continue to win the games into the Big East tourney. But either way, not my problem.
theVILLE Wrote:No way does UL go to the NIT...they are in the tourney! One more win and there in regardless of whom they play...If UL has to win the conference tourney they will!

An 18-10 record, losses to UNLV, Charlotte, Western Carolina, Seaton Hall, and St. John's. They better get to work or they will be in the NIT.
theVILLE Wrote:as far as quality wins UL has a better one than KU does! Louisville will be in the tourney! That may be all they do but they will be there

Last time I checked you dont get into the tourny based on one big win you get during the season. I agree that win was a big one and will help them getting in but just because you have that one big win doesnt automatically put you in the tourny.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well why couldn't a ranked UofL team beat Charlotte, UNLV, and West Carolina when the Cards were ranked earlier in the season? These are the losses that has hurt the Cards the most. These losses to Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Georgetown, Villanova, Kentucky, and other top teams doesn't hurt so much like their three bad losses early in the season.

UCONN isnt a must win UCONN OR the Marquette game they must win one of them! and I agree its not there losses agaisnt top teams its the 3 or 4 bad ones...