Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Carolina Student Body sends letter to UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't believe they actually had the nerve. This is just funny.

http://bluenationblog.com/2010/02/03/sou...supremecy/
Yea but Kentucky owns the all time record against South Carolina 41-9, not even close...
At kentucky UK leads: 21-2
At Columbia UK leads: 16-5
At neautral site UK leads: 4-2
in football USC lead 13-6-1
So until USC won 11 straight uk lead 6-2-1

Baseball USC has the slight advantage of 30-24
Thats pretty rediculous that they're only thinking about recent games and not overal which is what really matters!
I'd like to send the SC student body a letter, thanking them for the bulletin board material.
It is also not accurate on who was original with the mascot "Wildcats".

UK adopted the name in 1909.

Of the schools I could think of with the same mascot, these were the years they used it. These are not all the teams in D-1 that use Wildcats but it is all I know.

Arizona 1914
Kansas St 1915
New Hampshire 1926
NorthWestern 1924
Villanova 1920, as far as I could find
Davidson ???? I could not find a date of first usage.

So yea, UK is not only original but we are OG triple OG, homies...
Enough talk,its time to show the gamecocks how this game is played,as far as their football program goes the've never won a national championship and Kentucky did.
AND WHEREAS, our mascot is both original and awesome and not just some duplicate of more than eight other Universities …

guess they like their cocks lol..
NYY10 Wrote:AND WHEREAS, our mascot is both original and awesome and not just some duplicate of more than eight other Universities …

That's for sure.
South Carolina will get theirs Thursday Night. I predicted a 17 point victory, but, I hope its closer to 40.
We will have the last laugh. Im not worried.
Reanimate Wrote:UK will have the last laugh. Im not worried.

:Thumbs:
i bet they'll be a few tech's in this game.
Time to send them a message back CATS...Kentucky by 15+
UK just need to play the game, and forget about all this other stuff,just take care of business.
I think that we need to send a message to USC that say, "We will write from Indianapolis, to you in Madison Square Garden."
Someone from Kentucky, replied, I think I saw it on KSR. Can't remember who it was, maybe some guy with the last name of Franklin. It was good!! I will try to find it and post it.
This was the response that I found, it has the name of who wrote the letter back.

Dear University of South Carolina SGA,

I am writing in response to your student government resolution regarding University of Kentucky athletics. As an elected student official of the University of South Carolina, I’m sure most of your time over the past few years has been spent on the campaign trail giving speeches and distributing campaign promotional items (i.e. ‘**** pencils, ‘**** buttons, and ‘**** suckers.) It’s understandable that this may prohibit you from ordinary college activities like fighting, drinking beer, having friends, and, especially in your case, watching sports. Unfortunately, attending USC games as first chair oboe doesn’t qualify you as a sports analyst.

I realize this isn’t the platform for debating athletic superiority and I’m certainly not here to get in a ****ing match, (I’m looking at you, Meredith), but I will say that it’s laughable for South Carolina to call out one of, if not, the greatest basketball programs in NCAA history. Our trophy case is full of national titles, SEC championships, and All-American trophies. Yours has 2 NIT championships, a couple of platinum Hootie & the Blowfish plaques, and a whole bunch of empty space for Renaldo Balkman’s Digital Underground memorabilia. Seeing this overconfidence and trash talking leads me to believe that Michael Phelps isn’t the only one getting high in Columbia.

In your defense, your basketball team beat us two weeks ago. Congratulations. You took advantage of the best team in the nation on their off night. It’s like the chubby, cross-eyed kid at the party preying on the vulnerable, tequila-drunk girl that everyone wants a piece of. You know the one; she’s the freshman sweetheart that took out a fifth of Jose after an emotional phone call and gave it up for the first time to the first one in line. We were that girl. We had just gotten off the phone with Obama, drank too much of the proverbial #1 poison, and there you were. And, like that young girl, we woke up the next morning wondering what the **** happened last night and what people will say. Just know that we’re only one mistake away from perfection but you are and will always be the chubby, cross-eyed kid bragging about “that one time.”

So keep printing your “Number One is Done” Gamecock tees because that’s exactly what it was… a game **** tease to the USC basketball program.

As far as the invitation to play “any sport, anywhere, anytime” goes, I’m sorry but we respectfully decline. We have an NCAA Tournament to focus on and we’ve given you enough TV ratings and revenue for one year. If you want a basketball rematch worth playing, I suggest you contact Wofford College. You remember them, right?

Go Cats.

Boom,

Drew Franklin

KentuckySportsRadio.com
[email]thedrewfranklin@gmail.com[/email]
Twitter: @TheDrewFranklin
Cute reply but they have beat us what 4 of the last 5 times in basketball and out right owned us in football for a decade.
No reply would have been the best one.
NYY10 Wrote:AND WHEREAS, our mascot is both original and awesome and not just some duplicate of more than eight other Universities …

Beat those cocks! lol