Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jon Hood!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the kid should get to play at least a minute or two a game lol i feel sorry for him. poor kid thought he was gonna do a lot at kentucky then along came wall, cousins, and bledsoe and there went hoods dreams.
mister... basketball Wrote:the kid should get to play at least a minute or two a game lol i feel sorry for him. poor kid thought he was gonna do a lot at kentucky then along came wall, cousins, and bledsoe and there went hoods dreams.

Hes a freshmen playing on a super star talent team. If he stays on the team works hard and learns the offense look for him to get some numbers as the years go bye.
Hood will be a decent player for us in about 2 years. Give him time to get better, and he'll play. I've also heard rumors that he is transferring to WKU after this season, although I doubt they are true.
Reanimate Wrote:Hood will be a decent player for us in about 2 years. Give him time to get better, and he'll play. I've also heard rumors that he is transferring to WKU after this season, although I doubt they are true.

i am in madisonville, havent heard that but who knows, he may
cuppett777 Wrote:i am in madisonville, havent heard that but who knows, he may

Thats what im saying, its more than likely false. They had a thread about it on WKU's rivals board.
Hood should stay.
He should stay, work hard and his time will come. I can see him being a Cameron Mills type player his senior year.
^ agreed
I think if Hood stays he'll get some PT by his junior year, but I'm not sure he'll wait that long. If he decides to goto WKU, then best of luck to him, because he'll get immediate PT there.

I'm sure if he waits it out with Cal though, it'll pay off.
mister... basketball Wrote:the kid should get to play at least a minute or two a game lol i feel sorry for him. poor kid thought he was gonna do a lot at kentucky then along came wall, cousins, and bledsoe and there went hoods dreams.

I just hope that he keeps a good attitude about it and doesn't transfer out because if he sticks with it, works hard, and does what Coach Cal asks of him he will be a starter if not his junior year deffinetly his senior season!
Hood may get significant PT next year if Bledsoe leaves too
He'll be a solid player and should help us in a year or two. Just needs some experience in practice and just needs to work hard, which im sure he is doing. But he has superstars on his team. But in a few years he should help us, if the rumor is true that he is leaving, i hope he stayes. He should, he's a a good player.
He's not going to be a major scoring threat anywhere he goes, Just a good role player, Why not just stay at a consist top team and be a role player there? lol
I think that Hood should be similar to Lee Humphrey his senior, I think that he will be a legitamate 3 point scoring threat!
Hood needs to gain a little more mass.
Don't worry, he might get to play his Senior year.. As long as we have Calipari.. We will be getting the best players and playing the best players.
He would fit in well at WKU or EKU. He isn't going to get the PT he wants at Kentucky.
leecoukfan Wrote:I think that Hood should be similar to Lee Humphrey his senior, I think that he will be a legitamate 3 point scoring threat!

Hood is more off the dribble than Humphrey was. He was mainly a three point scorer, for Hood to be successful he has to be able to do more than just shoot.
John Hood will never see the playing time that he wants at the University of kentucky and, ultimately, players want to play. I of course say that he should stay and be a small part of something huge (the tradition of Kentucky Basketball) but I am not John Hood and if I were in his shoes I would probably want to be somewhere where I would be on the floor. For what it is worth he will not be at UK next year in my opinion. Look for him to be at a directional school probably within the state (EKU, WKU)
I am sure that Hood would be the first one to acknowledge that he should not get playing time in front of the impact on the team with either their experience (Harris, Stevenson) or talent (Wall, Bledsoe etc.). I am proud of Hood to be on the team and I have heard multiple times this year that Cal is pleased with his development. I think that he will have a shooter role on next years team, hopefully something like what Dodson is doing this year. We know that he had the deadeye but he just has to get comfortable in the system.
He should transfer to Pikeville or ALC. Not good enough to play at UK
RavenBoy Wrote:He should transfer to Pikeville or ALC. Not good enough to play at UK

Sarcasm? (hopefully)
The freakin 4oth best player in the country does not need to be at a school like PC or AL. I know that was sarcasm by Ravenboy.
i ask around yesterday here in madisonville and they say there hearing he may leave but thats hear say as of now..
I really hope he sticks it out. I love seeing the Kentucky boys on the team.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Hood should stay.

Y? he never gets to play he should jus go to a small school where he would get to start and play every game
CATFAN2 Wrote:Y? he never gets to play he should jus go to a small school where he would get to start and play every game

I agree, poor guy gets no PT.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:The freakin 4oth best player in the country does not need to be at a school like PC or AL. I know that was sarcasm by Ravenboy.

That's your opinion. I honestly feel that there are better players in the mid-south conference than Hood. I'll go even further, I know there are better players in the MSC than Hood!
superfreak Wrote:That's your opinion. I honestly feel that there are better players in the mid-south conference than Hood. I'll go even further, I know there are better players in the MSC than Hood!

You aren't referring to someone from Pikeville are you? :eyeroll:
lwc Wrote:You aren't referring to someone from Pikeville are you? :eyeroll:

No, probably no one from Pikeville, but I would say a few from Gtown, Campbellsville and cumberland come to mind. But now that you mention it I would say Clark from Pville would be a better option than Hood.
Pages: 1 2