Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Berea College & IUS Brawl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
11 players from both Berea College and #3 Indiana University Southeast where suspended by NAIA officials after a fight broke out during a game on February 18, 2010. 5 players from berea and 6 from Indiana University Southeast were suspended for the rest of the regular season.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwKtaIiQB80"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:11 players from both Berea College and #3 Indiana University Southeast where suspended by NAIA officials after a fight broke out during a game on February 18, 2010. 5 players from berea and 6 from Indiana University Southeast were suspended for the rest of the regular season.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JwKtaIiQB80&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JwKtaIiQB80&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

who where the players from berea??? because Estill County has a player that graduated last year that is playing basketball for berea
Strikeout King Wrote:who where the players from berea??? because Estill County has a player that graduated last year that is playing basketball for berea

not for sure i will look in the berea news paper tomorrow.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:not for sure i will look in the berea news paper tomorrow.

Thanks!

Tristan Cackling is who i am referring too
Berea always seemed so soft-spirited. Never expected this!
lwc Wrote:Berea always seemed so soft-spirited. Never expected this!

Berea it doing better then in the past, they lead most of this game vs the #3 team in NAIA. things just got out of hand. I was there and there was alot of trash talking by both teams. but I left right before this happened.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Berea it doing better then in the past, they lead most of this game vs the #3 team in NAIA. things just got out of hand.

Is Berea in the Mid-South Conference with Lindsey Wilson, Campbellsville and Georgetown? If so, that conference is TOUGH to win this year!
From what little footage that has been released of the fight, it looked like a brutal fight.
lwc Wrote:Is Berea in the Mid-South Conference with Lindsey Wilson, Campbellsville and Georgetown? If so, that conference is TOUGH to win this year!

No, Berea is in the KIAC conference.
the jv game right before this got a little chippy.
heres the video from the news
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg4vfPalyDE&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Video surfaces of brawl at college basketball game[/ame]
That's disappointing
That many players being suspended for the remainder of the season is devastating
Strikeout King Wrote:Thanks!

Tristan Cackling is who i am referring too

Yeah, i was wondering the same thing! From the looks of that video this had to be one of the most out of control brawls in a long time!! I hope nobody was seriously hurt!

Looks like the players from IUS are a bunch of thugs!!!
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah, i was wondering the same thing! From the looks of that video this had to be one of the most out of control brawls in a long time!! I hope nobody was seriously hurt!

Tristan is # 4
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah, i was wondering the same thing! From the looks of that video this had to be one of the most out of control brawls in a long time!! I hope nobody was seriously hurt!

Well my team has played both this year and its pretty much berea being thugs, berea's star player was the one who hit the kid with a cheap shot to start this fight.
I saw this the other day and it blew my mind. I really can not believe this happened but both school have to pay for it seeing as thought they game was completely called.
504 boy Wrote:Well my team has played both this year and its pretty much berea being thugs, berea's star player was the one who hit the kid with a cheap shot to start this fight.

How on earth do you get that?!!

The Berea player set a pick and then all the IUS players jumped him!! I mean I can see that maybe happening on the streets but not in an organized college basketball game! Thats just unexcusable and I think IUS deserves some serious implications from this for acting like thugs! I am sure that the IUS President and AD have to be very embarrassed about this!
Tristan Cackling wasn't in on this. from what ive heard he has quit Berea
Strikeout King Wrote:Tristan Cackling wasn't in on this. from what ive heard he has quit Berea

I think that he should consider going to Alice Lloyd
leecoukfan Wrote:I think that he should consider going to Alice Lloyd

You think he really will? I think that would be a smart decision.