Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: State Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know the results from Bowing Green
I know Pikeville was 1st, Whitley 2nd and Hazard 3rd in Traditional.
I would like to complain about the STATE competition..... My team went through warm area and I thought it was a very unsafe situation.... Teams were only given 5 minutes combined to do both stunts and tumbling on the same mat and then were required to do a full out cheer and pom routine for the tech judges without so much as a rest period.......... stunts were not warmed up properly when shared with tumbling time. My suggestion to KAPOS would be to warm up in 4 stations instead of two. STATION 1. 5 min stretch STATION 2. 5-8 minutes standing and running tumbling STATION 3. 5 -8 min stunt time STATION 4. 5 minutes on tech mats to show cheer or 2 1/2 minute routine then have a rest period of about 10-15 minutes before actually competing.........NOT BOTH BACK TO BACK ...... this is very unsafe!!!! girls were exhausted and then had to walk straight out to compete............... Felt to me that they were more worried about keeping on time than on keeping things safe and about the cheerleaders!!! These kids spend hours upon hours of practice time to get to make it to STATE and do not deserve to be rushed through all.... I was VERY dissapointed!

I know that our school paid a LOT of money to travel to the Regional and State KAPOS competitions with the cost of travel, gas, meals, hotel, busdrivers, etc. and then were rushed through without the quality time needed to prep so they could perform their best!!! I'm not sure that we will return to a KAPOS competition again!!!

I am also very concerned about the validity of the results from the morning session......Seemed very OBVIOUSLY wrong!!!!!!!!!!
Graves County won the large coed division...I think it was their 5th title in the last 6 years. Reidland won their 3rd straight in the small coed division. Dunbar won large....I couldn't tell you how many they have won. Madison Central took home the title in small and medium. Not sure I like it that they can compete in 2 different divisions. They should just have one team.
dbltwstr Wrote:I would like to complain about the STATE competition..... My team went through warm area and I thought it was a very unsafe situation.... Teams were only given 5 minutes combined to do both stunts and tumbling on the same mat and then were required to do a full out cheer and pom routine for the tech judges without so much as a rest period.......... stunts were not warmed up properly when shared with tumbling time. My suggestion to KAPOS would be to warm up in 4 stations instead of two. STATION 1. 5 min stretch STATION 2. 5-8 minutes standing and running tumbling STATION 3. 5 -8 min stunt time STATION 4. 5 minutes on tech mats to show cheer or 2 1/2 minute routine then have a rest period of about 10-15 minutes before actually competing.........NOT BOTH BACK TO BACK ...... this is very unsafe!!!! girls were exhausted and then had to walk straight out to compete............... Felt to me that they were more worried about keeping on time than on keeping things safe and about the cheerleaders!!! These kids spend hours upon hours of practice time to get to make it to STATE and do not deserve to be rushed through all.... I was VERY dissapointed!

I know that our school paid a LOT of money to travel to the Regional and State KAPOS competitions with the cost of travel, gas, meals, hotel, busdrivers, etc. and then were rushed through without the quality time needed to prep so they could perform their best!!! I'm not sure that we will return to a KAPOS competition again!!!

I am also very concerned about the validity of the results from the morning session......Seemed very OBVIOUSLY wrong!!!!!!!!!!

I am with you on this one maybe it should be brought to the attention of KAPOS.

maybe a email phone call? or something

because something needs to be change before someone gets hurt bad.
Go to http://www.kapos.org and get the info to email there... I coach and the 2 mats were on my list of suggestions for improvement; which makes sense why NO ONE was hitting their routine, stunts were dropping all day it seemed - it was too rushed for sure, I like the 4 stations.

As for Madison Central - it was fair, they rocked it out and they won fair and square. KAPOS does NOT allow crossovers if you know the rules. They had every right to win Small and Medium, no different than saying Pikeville - Maroon/White, Pike Central -Orange/Blue, Belfry - Red/White, Dunbar - Black/Red, etc...
Cheer...I know the rules, I just said I didn't like it. There is a slight difference in what Dunbar does and Madison Central. Dunbar competes their Varsity in Large. Madison Central only puts 12 girls out there in Small, when they could have put some of their girls off the medium team with the girls on small and made a large varsity team. They have the talent to do that. I'm aware that they can do whatever they want; Personally I'd like to see them go up against Dunbar and Henry Clay. I like to see the best teams compete against each other.
I know that this situation has been brought to the attention of KAPOS in a prior meeting and prior competitions, and suggestions were made to improve the warmup experience and there was some who got mad and didn't want to listen.........I have a lot of respect for the KAPOS organization but Im very concerned where some of these issues are going. I actually heard the lady in warmup tell a coach who expressed concern she wasn't given a proper warm up for her girls that 'IF WE GIVE EVERY TEAM AN EXTRA 5 MINUTES TO WARMUP WE'D BE HERE ALL NIGHT" There are too many high quality competitions out there who would LOVE to see our teams perticipate in them to have to deal with rude people working the areas and unsafe situations. That is just my opinion. KAPOS might consider a two day event to help solve the problem, if its all about how long the day is. I'm sure everyone would appreciate this.
The best squad I saw there overall was Graves, congrats to all who won