Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville 91 - Notre Dame 89 (2 OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final Double Overtime
UL putting a good resume together late in the season for the selection crew.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:UL putting a good resume together late in the season for the selection crew.

Yes indeed..Lokk for the same type of game 6 days from now against gtown!
I might add that Samardo Samuels had a career high...They showed a stat that i wasnt familar with...in febuary louisville has won 22-25 games! Oh and the energizer bunny was what started the run for louisvile..REGGIE DELK! when he makes a big play the cards go on a run!
theVILLE Wrote:I might add that Samardo Samuels had a career high...They showed a stat that i wasnt familar with...in febuary louisville has won 22-25 games! Oh and the energizer bunny was what started the run for louisvile..REGGIE DELK! when he makes a big play the cards go on a run!

I swear, if you wasn't a Knott Co fan, I would allow myself to be friends with you Big Grin. Great game to watch, back and forth the whole way. Didn't think UL was going to pull it out. We won because we hit free throws. In the past we wouldn't have won this game.
congrats to the cards
Big win, i guess?
Overrated Wrote:Big win, i guess?

we takem how we can getem
OMG, theVille is back in the NCAA picture!!!
Eh, not impressed, Notre Dame was without it's best player and still took UofL to double OT.

Heck didn't they have like a 12 or 13 point spread?
A few missed calls in the second that went L'ville way but congrats to L'ville
Wildcatk23 Wrote:UL putting a good resume together late in the season for the selection crew.

I don't know how much this game would count towards the NCAA tourney bid. Luke Harangody didn't even suit up for this game. It took 2 overtimes at home to put away a team with it's best player sidelined.
Harangody plays ND wins by double figures. Don't think I would be counting on this game to get me into the NCAA tourney.
Harangody doesnt play and it takes UL two OT's to get the win. Still seems like that are playing wildly inconsistent, beating a team like Syracuse and then coming up flat against a team like ND w/o its best player. I agree that they are solid in the tourney discussions and that they will make it. I hope that they can keep it up and represent the state better in the tourney....... and if not that is fine too. Wink
Aslan Wrote:I swear, if you wasn't a Knott Co fan, I would allow myself to be friends with you Big Grin. Great game to watch, back and forth the whole way. Didn't think UL was going to pull it out. We won because we hit free throws. In the past we wouldn't have won this game.

lol..that goes both ways lol...I like perry county and some of the players there! but im from KC i have to cheer for them lol...We can agreet that we like louisville i guess
Overrated Wrote:Big win, i guess?
Not as big of a win as sunday on the road to that team that is overratedConfusedhh:
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Harangody doesnt play and it takes UL two OT's to get the win. Still seems like that are playing wildly inconsistent, beating a team like Syracuse and then coming up flat against a team like ND w/o its best player. I agree that they are solid in the tourney discussions and that they will make it. I hope that they can keep it up and represent the state better in the tourney....... and if not that is fine too. Wink

lol...no team is playing real consistent right now! I mean UK perhaps two nights ago...it took them an overtime against miss st. where vernado didnt play very much, msu leading scorer was out..Uconn beat Texas then lost to a nobody team and bounced back and beat villanova! Thats college basketball at its finest...There is no DOMINANT TEAM this year! Kansas team 2 years ago when they won the national championship could beat anybody out there right now! This year there are alot of good teams...thats why you have the talk about expanding the tourney
^ very true. I just think that Louisville has really played inconsistent in comparison to where they should have been this year. They are starting to put the wins together and a win is a win is a win, so I guess if they are figuring it out at the right time then, PitNITo has done a good job.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:^ very true. I just think that Louisville has really played inconsistent in comparison to where they should have been this year. They are starting to put the wins together and a win is a win is a win, so I guess if they are figuring it out at the right time then, PitNITo has done a good job.

"pitino" cant you spell lol! But I really think louisville is getting there act together at the right time..AS ALWAYS! they have won22-25 games in febuary...THATS SAYING SOMETHING! I hinestly think they have top 15-25 talent on the team and on any giving night they can beat anybody! I say a if they win all the games there expected too and beat gtown and syracuse..they get in with a 6-9 seed! But i think they loose to NOVA again
theville Wrote:not as big of a win as sunday on the road to that team that is overratedConfusedhh:

lol...omg...
Overrated Wrote:lol...omg...

hey it was a good win for louisville! Syracuse is a top notvh team this season though...Which makes it even better than louisville beat them@:Thumbs:
Louisville is a dangerous team right now, Great win for the Cardinals.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Coach Rick is getting those Frosh peakin.
IMO the cards were almost out of the tourney, but i see them building their resume down the stretch

@depaul-W
G*town-W
@Uconn-L
Marq-W
Syracuse-W

Tha would put the cards at 21-10 wit wins over Syracuse, Uconn, Notre Dame, USF and UC....I see them getting a 6 seed in the NCAA
^ I could see an 8 seed more likely
The Iceboxx Wrote:Louisville is a dangerous team right now, Great win for the Cardinals.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Coach Rick is getting those Frosh peakin.
IMO the cards were almost out of the tourney, but i see them building their resume down the stretch

@depaul-W
G*town-W
@Uconn-L
Marq-W
Syracuse-W

Tha would put the cards at 21-10 wit wins over Syracuse, Uconn, Notre Dame, USF and UC....I see them getting a 6 seed in the NCAA

They will not beat, Gtown, Marquette[might win this], Syracuse[twice, no way] Uconn will beat them..I almost gurantee Depaul gives them all they want if not win.
G*town is not playing well right now at all. I can't see why Louisville couldnt beat them. Its not always who is the better team all year, Its who the best team is right now. Louisville is just playing better ball the last week.

G*town has lost 2 straight, and 3 of their last 5.

Georgetown also isnt a great scoring team, they go into these slumps in games, and dont hit anything. Its so strange when i see highlights and they score 23 points in a half or so.
The Iceboxx Wrote:G*town is not playing well right now at all. I can't see why Louisville couldnt beat them. Its not always who is the better team all year, Its who the best team is right now. Louisville is just playing better ball the last week.

G*town has lost 2 straight, and 3 of their last 5.

Georgetown also isnt a great scoring team, they go into these slumps in games, and dont hit anything. Its so strange when i see highlights and they score 23 points in a half or so.

I see what your saying...But I do not see Gtown losing 3 in a row.
Overrated Wrote:I see what your saying...But I do not see Gtown losing 3 in a row.

nope they will win saturday
ComfortEagle Wrote:Eh, not impressed, Notre Dame was without it's best player and still took UofL to double OT.

Heck didn't they have like a 12 or 13 point spread?

Not Bashin or anything, but wasnt Miss St without their best player as well, and took Kentucky to OT
theVILLE Wrote:nope they will win saturday

Who? Gtown doesn't play until Tuesday, And they will beat Louisville.
Great win for them! They are just coming together great, at the best time ever! Congrats L' Ville!!