Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (2)Kentucky 81 - Mississippi State 75 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

What class from those Miss. State fans. Way to represent your team.

Bunch of idiots...:flush:
they are just as stupid as the fans from WVU way to ruin a good game they could have got someone hurt.
They threw stuff at Wall, threw stuff at a ref, and they were still throwing things at a group of UK players at the end of the game while Cal was trying to give his post-game comments.
UK needed a game like this. It will definitely help them in the long run.
Wall, Cuz, PP was all huge. I thought Liggins gave UK GREAT minutes.
Miss State fans acted like village idiots. I loved cousins in the way he kept saying call me.
agreed...I like MSU they have some great potential..I mean to go to OT with arguably the best team in the land without you leading scorer and vernardo! That should be enough...Why throw objects on to the floor! That was childish and very unsportsman and no class!
On the game...Uk has played better before and they got some questionable calls down the stretch! The 2 fouls on stewart at the end were not fould! and wall goaltended...As happy as i would have been to see UK get beat here, after the no class disrespectful fans done that im glad they won the game
CardinalAlum Wrote:they are just as stupid as the fans from WVU way to ruin a good game they could have got someone hurt.

Not hardly that bad:Clap:
thordog Wrote:Miss State fans acted like village idiots. I loved cousins in the way he kept saying call me.

WKYT reported something like 1000 text messages and hundreds of phone calls.

They said before the game that the Miss. State athletic dept. requested Cousins' call log so they could figure out who was calling and text messaging and take action from there.

Looks like they'll have more than just that to deal with now.
Besides all the idiots ruining the ending to a great college basketball game, our "stars" came ready to play tonight. Wall and Cousins played very solid. Patterson played his best game of the year IMO..MSU played tough, and gave the Big Blue all we could handle, and instead of caving when down 7 late, the Cats came back and gutted one out. THESE games are what builds toughness and maturity. Record hostile crowd, your playing against a team in a must win situation on the road, and pulled it out. Great job Cats!

Oh yeah, Cousins to the MSU fans; "Call me" LOL! LOVE IT!
any of the miss st. fans know cousins cell #....i jus wanted to tell him good game and loved the big dunk
theVILLE Wrote:Not hardly that bad:Clap:

You don't think a bottle full of water could hurt someone?

I still have a chipped tooth from someone throwing a plastic Mountain Dew bottle at me.
theVILLE2 Wrote:any of the miss st. fans know cousins cell #....i jus wanted to tell him good game and loved the big dunk

Personally, I think Cousins should respond to the text messages saying "how about that?"
ComfortEagle Wrote:You don't think a bottle full of water could hurt someone?

I still have a chipped tooth from someone throwing a plastic Mountain Dew bottle at me.

oh no from that distance it was thrown and coming downward it could hurt someone...I was in no way taking up for MSU fan i hated that...I loved MSU as a team they have alot of scoring threats and i lost alot of that respect...I really liked the idea of the dawgs txting and calling cousins though..great way to get in his head!
It was all a joke to WV fans lol
theVILLE Wrote:agreed...I like MSU they have some great potential..I mean to go to OT with arguably the best team in the land without you leading scorer and vernardo! That should be enough...Why throw objects on to the floor! That was childish and very unsportsman and no class!
On the game...Uk has played better before and they got some questionable calls down the stretch! The 2 fouls on stewart at the end were not fould! and wall goaltended...As happy as i would have been to see UK get beat here, after the no class disrespectful fans done that im glad they won the game

The goal tend call your are 100% correct on. But walls foul on Vernardos dunk? There was so many screwed up calls in this game. I just avoided the Whistles and watched the game.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The goal tend call your are 100% correct on. But walls foul on Vernardos dunk? There was so many screwed up calls in this game. I just avoided the Whistles and watched the game.

After Vernardo got his 4th foul the calls got really sketchy. Lots of ticky-tack stuff on both teams.
Survived on the road. Great fight by the Cats tonight against a very hot MSU team. I thought this was Pats best game this year.

Those MSU idiot fans showed no class after their team played a great game against one of the best in the country. That act took away from a teh outstanding effort their team gave in this game.
ComfortEagle Wrote:After Vernardo got his 4th foul, the calls got really sketchy. Lots of ticky-tack stuff on both teams.

Yep, like cousins 4th foul? Lol? i almost laughed myself to death(after cussing at the screen).
ComfortEagle Wrote:Personally, I think Cousins should respond to the text messages saying "how about that?"

In a pregame interview they ask Cousins if he changed his number and he said no he was going to wait till after the game to see what the MSU fans had to say. Maybe he will send 1,000 responses to address the win.
Colonel Kill Wrote:In a pregame interview they ask Cousins if he changed his number and he said no he was going to wait till after the game to see what the MSU fans had to say. Maybe he will send 1,000 responses to address the win.

This inspires me for a new thread.
Though I've seen much worse, as far as bottle throwing, at a high school game a few years ago (Cawood-Bell County), theres just no place for this type of stuff. I totally understand the disappointment and anger on the part of the Miss. St. fans, but I think its time for a few individuals to grow up.
ComfortEagle Wrote:This inspires me for a new thread.

:Thumbs:
The saddest thing about this thread is that this was a great game that went into overtime. The only thing that the majority of the people are talking about are the antics of the MSU fans. UK very well could have folded when they went down by 7 with a little under 2 min. to play. They fought back and won a tough game on the road.
Jarons Wrote:The saddest thing about this thread is that this was a great game that went into overtime. The only thing that the majority of the people are talking about are the antics of the MSU fans. UK very well could have folded when they went down by 7 with a little under 2 min. to play. They fought back and won a tough game on the road.

I agree. They did not get rattle and come right bakc with 5 straight and regained control of the game. A good sign our team is maturing.
Miss State looked like a team mid-major tonight jacking up all those 3s. Bad thing is, they shot it pretty well from 30 feet out. I do think that this was a great win though, because Miss State was ready for us and they are well coached. Miss State laid it on the line tonight and took us to overtime, and we escaped.

Loved the performances tonight from Patterson, Wall, Cousins, Liggins, and Miller.
how does two wrongs make a right? why call them people names,when people do that there on the same level as the ones who throw the stuff, but anyway, way to go CATS..
This game speaks so so much to the drastic changes that this team has undergone from the beginning of the season. I really think that this was the best win of the year so far. Easily the most hostile environment with bad call/breaks going both ways and the young team can pull out a win after forcing overtime in under 3 minutes. I really think that this does so much more for this team and they really are setting them self apart from the other tier of teams. Almost to the lock for a 1 seed. Miss St. played an excellent game and was well prepared even without their best player.... But as everyone knows, emotion goes a long way to carry a team to an inspiring performance. They really did not have anything to hang their about.
Big and nice win 4 the cats
I am as big a UK fan as anyone on here but I wished we would have lost that game.
Because it would have made us better in the long run. IMO
I couldn't believe all the fouls called against both teams. I think the refs got a little whistle happy.
Pages: 1 2