Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Connecticut 84 - (3)Villanova 75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Connecticut 84, Villanova 75, Final
The Big East teams just keep beating each other up. Anyone can beat anyone else on any given night. Big East basketball is like SEC football for the past few years.
Does this 9 point win for UConn help solidfy Kentucky as the best team in the nation?
Real Badman Wrote:Does this 9 point win for UConn help solidfy Kentucky as the best team in the nation?

Normally that would be a good argument, but since UCONN lost to Cincinnati and Louisville that kinda cancels the 9 point win over Villanova. :biggrin:

Just kidding StarDust and theVILLE.
^^ Ok how about the 6 point win Lousville had over 'Cuse? Wink
ImagineThat! Wrote:Normally that would be a good argument, but since UCONN lost to Cincinnati and Louisville that kinda cancels the 9 point win over Villanova. :biggrin:

:biggrin: :Thumbs:
ImagineThat! Wrote:The Big East teams just keep beating each other up. Anyone can beat anyone else on any given night. Big East basketball is like SEC football for the past few years.

:Thumbs:
This uconn team always shows up for the big games.
First of all Nova would never match up with UK. They have no post play. UK would eat them alive inside out.. Kansas on the other hand different story. There's a great fields of teams, then there's an elite field of teams. Nova, Purdue, Duke, Gorgetown. Then there are teams will all around talent, that can match up come march, and show all these other teams weakness outside of conference play, they are gonna see stuff they aren't use too, because come march they aren't playing a team you play 1 or 2 a year. Teams like Kansas, Kentucky, Cuse, Kstate, Ohio state have inside out talent high levels of guard play, with so much athleticism i'd be scared!
Spartan4Life Wrote:First of all Nova would never match up with UK. They have no post play. UK would eat them alive inside out.. Kansas on the other hand different story. There's a great fields of teams, then there's an elite field of teams. Nova, Purdue, Duke, Gorgetown. Then there are teams will all around talent, that can match up come march, and show all these other teams weakness outside of conference play, they are gonna see stuff they aren't use too, because come march they aren't playing a team you play 1 or 2 a year. Teams like Kansas, Kentucky, Cuse, Kstate, Ohio state have inside out talent high levels of guard play, with so much athleticism i'd be scared!

Great point. I think that Nova got knocked in the mouth but didnt know to respond when the three ball was not falling. I have thought all along that UConn is one of these teams that can absolutely beat anyone (with that kind of talent) but plays down to the competition this year. Uconn may have rounded a corner but they need to show some consistent play to show the committee that they should be in the field.
With the return of their head coach U Conn may finish strong this season.
Good win for the Huskies and good to see Coach Calhoun back on the sidelines. Beating the #3 team in the country has to count for something. A few more quality wins and some consistency may put them back in the tournament.
ImagineThat! Wrote:Normally that would be a good argument, but since UCONN lost to Cincinnati and Louisville that kinda cancels the 9 point win over Villanova. :biggrin:

Lol..im first to tell you that louisville isnt the best team this season or among the top 5! However that doesnt mean that they cant beat the top team in the nation..Is louisville bad team...Nope i still think theyhave the talent to be a top 15-25 team..there just not playing great at the same time...Cincy is a long shot from the best team this season too..they have one of the best freshies in lance stephenson tho and alot of talent and can upset anyone on any giving night!
:wink:
Spartan4Life Wrote:First of all Nova would never match up with UK. They have no post play. UK would eat them alive inside out.. Kansas on the other hand different story. There's a great fields of teams, then there's an elite field of teams. Nova, Purdue, Duke, Gorgetown. Then there are teams will all around talent, that can match up come march, and show all these other teams weakness outside of conference play, they are gonna see stuff they aren't use too, because come march they aren't playing a team you play 1 or 2 a year. Teams like Kansas, Kentucky, Cuse, Kstate, Ohio state have inside out talent high levels of guard play, with so much athleticism i'd be scared!

Come march you have to have great guard play with some expierence! :wink:and that is why Nova, mich st., kansas, Uk, is among the favorites for the final four!
theVILLE Wrote::wink:

Come march you have to have great guard play with some expierence! :wink:and that is why Nova, mich st., kansas, Uk, is among the favorites for the final four!

Who wrote this? Usually we don't get these kinds of well thought out posts :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Who wrote this? Usually we don't get these kinds of well thought out posts :biggrin:

That doesnt mean that this teams will all make it to the final four..I look for a surprise team to be there! However come march you have to have top notch guards to be in the final four!
I dont think Nova would match up with UK either, but they have something UK doesnt, a 7 year senior guard lol..Reynolds has outlasted three UK coaches during his time at Nova, lol..
Rutgers beating Georgetown, Cincy blowing out UCONN, then UCONN beating Nova, St Johns crushing Louisville, then Louisville turns around and beats Syracuse. What in the world is going on in the Big East? lol..crazy!!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Rutgers beating Georgetown, Cincy blowing out UCONN, then UCONN beating Nova, St Johns crushing Louisville, then Louisville turns around and beats Syracuse. What in the world is going on in the Big East? lol..crazy!!

:Thumbs: and I LOVE it! :lmao:

The Big East ALWAYS have good games on tv.
theVILLE Wrote::wink:

wow the ville must have the bird flu or something to put KY in there,jk(ville)
QUOTE=cuppett777;959263]wow the ville must have the bird flu or something to put KY in there,jk(ville)[/QUOTE]

lol..pretty funny..I cant deny that you guys have the talent to get there...its the expierence and the Cockiness that makes me think they cant:wink:..They have the guard play to do it (just very young) they have one of the better big men in the nation in Cousins ( just his attitude that i hate) Patterson another lottery pick andmuch improved shooter, they have a weak spot at the SF position unless miller has his 1 game of the year! But the bench play and the depth is where they beat there teams! Orton, ( who i think if he stayed 4 years he could reset shot block records)Liggins who has great desire and hustle to get the ball...I mean Uk has 3 top 10 PG's coming out of HS. and throw couisn, patterson, orton, miller, dodson in the mix...
However i like Kansas as well..Say they are overrated but i don think so...they have cole aldrich ( great post ) Sherron Collins, Even with wall at the PG, and Henry is the X-FACTOR if these to teams played...That is where KU you could cause problems for UK..NO he isnt the best player on KU but he is a good player at UK's only weak position!
theVILLE Wrote:QUOTE=cuppett777;959263]wow the ville must have the bird flu or something to put KY in there,jk(ville)

lol..pretty funny..I cant deny that you guys have the talent to get there...its the expierence and the Cockiness that makes me think they cant:wink:..They have the guard play to do it (just very young) they have one of the better big men in the nation in Cousins ( just his attitude that i hate) Patterson another lottery pick andmuch improved shooter, they have a weak spot at the SF position unless miller has his 1 game of the year! But the bench play and the depth is where they beat there teams! Orton, ( who i think if he stayed 4 years he could reset shot block records)Liggins who has great desire and hustle to get the ball...I mean Uk has 3 top 10 PG's coming out of HS. and throw couisn, patterson, orton, miller, dodson in the mix...
However i like Kansas as well..Say they are overrated but i don think so...they have cole aldrich ( great post ) Sherron Collins, Even with wall at the PG, and Henry is the X-FACTOR if these to teams played...That is where KU you could cause problems for UK..NO he isnt the best player on KU but he is a good player at UK's only weak position![/QUOTE]

You make a good point there. Don't forget the consistently improving Morris as well.