Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville 66 - (3)Syracuse 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Louisville finally closes out the big win ON THE ROAD AT CUSE! Great game by the freshman marra! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
After saying I did not think they had a shot at the win in this one, I'll take my crow with an ice cold beverage. Great game by the Cards in the Dome. So many Cards played well but Marra has some very timely plays on both ends. I think the announcers really missed what happened on the intentional foul. If they had slowed it down they would have seen the Cuse played grab the jersey on the shoulder and pull him down. Definately an intentional foul, there was no play on the ball.
Colonel Kill Wrote:After saying I did not think they had a shot at the win in this one, I'll take my crow with an ice cold beverage. Great game by the Cards in the Dome. So many Cards played well but Marra has some very timely plays on both ends. I think the announcers really missed what happened on the intentional foul. If they had slowed it down they would have seen the Cuse played grab the jersey on the shoulder and pull him down. Definately an intentional foul, there was no play on the ball.

That and the hot to the face may have been the call! But glad to see marra step up and stoke some 3 point land~!
Marra really stepped up and played to preseason expectations today.
Colonel Kill Wrote:Marra really stepped up and played to preseason expectations today.

He did..If only Siva would have played great! But im still happy! Samuels doesnt have to score fo rhte cards to win
Ill be the first to say I didnt think the Cards had a shot in this one either, especially after getting whipped by 19 against St Johns. I had said all along that Syracuse is the best team in college basketball, and this game just flat out shocked me. Huge win for the Cards! If they can put together a couple more wins with that schedule, they might be sitting pretty to go to the big dance after all! But again, count me as one that gave them zero shot against the Orange.
Good game by the Cards! Didnt think that they could pull it out but heck I guess they righted the ship in a hurry. Kind of interesting to see the difference in their play considering the kind of rumors and everything going around on Thursday. Once again this helps the Cats more than anything, almost solidifying a #1 seed pair with the Tenn win last night.
Either way, great way to get back on track Cards.
This is a big win for Lvilles chance at getting a 1 seed in the NIT.
Overrated Wrote:This is a big win for Lvilles chance at getting a 1 seed in the NIT.

LOL. If they do not continue to play well and win, that will be the case.:lmao:
Overrated Wrote:This is a big win for Lvilles chance at getting a 1 seed in the NIT.

Looks like the best team in all of the world can actually lose!!! Confusedhh:
Good game Cards
Is Syracuse over rated?Confusedhh:
theVILLE Wrote:Louisville finally closes out the big win ON THE ROAD AT CUSE! Great game by the freshman marra! :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

Hey, Congrats to you and the Cardinals on the big win! The win looks like it should be enough to keep the Cards in the NCAA Tourney!
Benchwarmer Wrote:Is Syracuse over rated?Confusedhh:
They were but not any more. The 59-57 win over Depaul, the close call to UConn, and losing to Louisville at home today should burst the Syracuse ratings bubble.
Huge win. A few more and Lville might make the big dance.
I would say that Syracuse should be around 5-6 in the pols tomorrow.
2 loses in the big east. Yup i'd say overrated. :yawn:
Benchwarmer Wrote:Is Syracuse over rated?Confusedhh:

So, every time a top team loses, we're going to say they are overrated, especially if they lose to a team that is a bottom tier team. Hmmm, I wonder how many teams this year, including #1 teams in the nation have lost a game like that?????
Overrated Wrote:2 loses in the big east. Yup i'd say overrated. :yawn:

They are not overrated but they did have a couple bad games. I really think that they are still a 1 seed.
Stardust Wrote:So, every time a top team loses, we're going to say they are overrated, especially if they lose to a team that is a bottom tier team. Hmmm, I wonder how many teams this year, including #1 teams in the nation have lost a game like that?????

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:So, every time a top team loses, we're going to say they are overrated, especially if they lose to a team that is a bottom tier team. Hmmm, I wonder how many teams this year, including #1 teams in the nation have lost a game like that?????

It was a joke. god.

And, if you notice I had a little question mark at the end of my sentence. It was a question not a statement.

and looks bad on your teamConfusedhh:
Overrated Wrote:2 loses in the big east. Yup i'd say overrated. :yawn:

Not sayin Cuse is overrated but this just shows that a team in the big east that is playing horrible and syracuse who i thought was teh best team in the nation, can get beat on any given night..Especially in the big east
As always, the Big East is a gauntlet and they will be each other up. They are the most top heavy conference in the nation.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:As always, the Big East is a gauntlet and they will be each other up. They are the most top heavy conference in the nation.

Agreed:Thumbs:
Congrats to Ricky P. and the Cards.

Yes. They were 3 in one poll and 2 in the other. 2 losses, one against UL, they should not be top 3.

When the Cats lost to USC ON THE ROAD, I said they should drop. Since then they have beaten 2 Top 25 teams (Don't know if Vandy was Top 25 at the time, but they have been basically all year.)

I get the joke but it isn't needed in every thread that bashes a team other than UK, (Syracuse, UNC, etc...) :biggrin:
IF Syracuse is overrated...Kentucky and Kansas isn't top 25 teams.
Overrated Wrote:IF Syracuse is overrated...Kentucky and Kansas isn't top 25 teams.

I'm confused.
Pages: 1 2