Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Georgia 66 - South Carolina 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Where was this played at
Stardust Wrote:Where was this played at

Georgia
Not a bad loss at all by USC then
Stardust Wrote:Not a bad loss at all by USC then

Nope sure wasnt...DOwney was held to like 18-20 points also!
I think Downey went like 10 for 5000 today. I heard the guys say at the end of the game that Downey had missed most of his normal shots today.... So if he has to take around 35 shots.
I thought USC could loss at Georgia.
How many teams get into the SEC tournament? Hopefully USC doesn't make it.
lwc Wrote:How many teams get into the SEC tournament? Hopefully USC doesn't make it.

I think everyone makes it top 2 from each side gets a bye for the first round. then you have 5s play the 4s from opposing leagues and 6s play 3s from opposite leagues.
i watched most of this game. the circus wasn't in town today. i guess thats why downey missed so many shots. cause 75% of his shots are big top worthy.
Downey shot 13 3,s wow. lol
This just goes to show how tough it to to go play road games in the SEC!
lwc Wrote:How many teams get into the SEC tournament? Hopefully USC doesn't make it.

SEC tournament all the teams are in it from the SEC
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Downey shot 13 3,s wow. lol

13 THREES!!! Oh wow. Do you know what his overall average was from the field? I think that year long he has been about 7% down from Meeks last year.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:13 THREES!!! Oh wow. Do you know what his overall average was from the field? I think that year long he has been about 7% down from Meeks last year.
Downey hit 6 of 22 overall and 4 of 13 3s. For the season, he is hitting 40.9% from the field, including 34.8% of his 3-point shots.

By comparison, Meeks hit 46.3% from the field and 40.3% from behind the arc last season.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Downey hit 6 of 22 overall and 4 of 13 3s. For the season, he is hitting 40.9% from the field, including 34.8% of his 3-point shots.

By comparison, Meeks hit 46.3% from the field and 40.3% from behind the arc last season.

Excellent research. I knew that Meeks had a significant difference with his percentage in comparison to Downey.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Downey hit 6 of 22 overall and 4 of 13 3s. For the season, he is hitting 40.9% from the field, including 34.8% of his 3-point shots.

Those are some good percentages, especially considering as many shots as he shot.

Meeks played a completely different position, he was taller and had SOME help, PPAT and miller were not bad..
theVILLE Wrote:Meeks played a completely different position, he was taller and had SOME help, PPAT and miller were not bad..

Both were the "go to guys" and were really the shooters on the team. Meeks may have been at a different position but stats show that he was so much more of a pure shooter.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Both were the "go to guys" and were really the shooters on the team. Meeks may have been at a different position but stats show that he was so much more of a pure shooter.

maybe..Downey is so much more fun to watch to me though! He is like the **** ant going among the trees!:Clap: