Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: St. John's 74 - Louisville 55
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final!

I know that this is a big win but honestly the score wasn't even this close with St. Johns leading by 27 at one point! The Cardinals just got DOMINATED in and out tonight! St. John's was just ferocious tonight down low and Louisville had no answer for it! Also, Louisville is a three point shooting team and St. John shuts them down from the perimeter. Louisville didn't score their first point until the 13:15 mark of the 1st Half! Cards were struggling to keep it close in the 1st half and then they just went wild in the 2nd Half going on a 27-3 run! St. John's was 2-8 in conference and on a 5 game losing streak before this WIN! Not looking good for Louisville who will be going to Syracuse next!
WOW, SJ played the best they could have tonight! and louisville sucked it up and got hossed in the paint..COuldnt hit anything from anywhere..there zone looked horrible tonight??They got outrebounded and and out hustled...I expect a better performance Sunday or they will get beat 60
Louisville may had been distracted from all of the stuff floating around today, but man they came out flat! Really dont know if Louisville get to the tourney after a loss like this. The season for UL is spiraling downward.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Louisville may had been distracted from all of the stuff floating around today, but man they came out flat! Really dont know if Louisville get to the tourney after a loss like this. The season for UL is spiraling downward.

I say a win over Gtown, Cuse or Nova will put them in...I really think the cards win 2 of those...Cuse at home and the Gtown at home game!
^ Very possible but they really have to step their game up. They will be competing with UConn for that spot. It is going to be really interesting to watch it all unfold.
theVILLE Wrote:I say a win over Gtown, Cuse or Nova will put them in...I really think the cards win 2 of those...Cuse at home and the Gtown at home game!

The Cards are gonna have to have a complete turnaround and come out with a different attitude if they wanna do this! But, i do agree with you that if they can do that they will get in.
they will be lucky to get in, prob have to win big east tournment to do it
Well, the NIT should be stacked this year with UCONN, UNC, Louisville, etc.. Wink
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, the NIT should be stacked this year with UCONN, UNC, Louisville, etc.. Wink

:worthy::worthy:
theVILLE Wrote:WOW, SJ played the best they could have tonight! and louisville sucked it up and got hossed in the paint..COuldnt hit anything from anywhere..there zone looked horrible tonight??They got outrebounded and and out hustled...I expect a better performance Sunday or they will get beat 60

No they didn't, the Cards played that bad! The Cards made SJ look great!
theVILLE Wrote:I say a win over Gtown, Cuse or Nova will put them in...I really think the cards win 2 of those...Cuse at home and the Gtown at home game!

The team with Home losses to Charlotte, W. Carolina and Villanova is going to beat Syracuse and Georgetown? NO WAY!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, the NIT should be stacked this year with UCONN, UNC, Louisville, etc.. Wink
I dont know if UNC will even be in that.

I highly highly doubt them winnin 2 of these 3, maybe 1 on a good night.
Wow. I thought Louisville would win this one. Maybe too many distractions during the day.
I don't think the distractions had anything to do with this game... Looserville could not hit the ocean standing on the beach from the outside and they QUIT throwing the ball to Samuels down on the low post. He dominated the 1st half and then all of a sudden, they quit throwing him the ball... The guards on this team is so selfish with Sosa, Smith, Siva and Knowles, just feed the ball down to the big fella and he could score at will
Stardust Wrote:No they didn't, the Cards played that bad! The Cards made SJ look great!

I can agree...I havent saw anyone do that to the press or teh matchup-zone that ville plays..I give SJ ccredit for that...its almost like ville didnt have the desire to win last night!
Navajo4life Wrote:I don't think the distractions had anything to do with this game... Looserville could not hit the ocean standing on the beach from the outside and they QUIT throwing the ball to Samuels down on the low post. He dominated the 1st half and then all of a sudden, they quit throwing him the ball... The guards on this team is so selfish with Sosa, Smith, Siva and Knowles, just feed the ball down to the big fella and he could score at will

I can agree that they didnt get the ball to the big fella enough...but he wasnt really playing great neither! I give SJ all the credit to that..they showed that they can compete in the BEAST
theVILLE Wrote:I can agree that they didnt get the ball to the big fella enough...but he wasnt really playing great neither! I give SJ all the credit to that..they showed that they can compete in the BEAST
St Johns is not agood team and no they can't compete in the Big East. Dont make excuses for Louisville playing like crap and being down by 30 at one point.

Rutgers beat them 12, UConn 16, Providence 15, and Cornell beat the by 5 @ home. These are all bad losses.

St John's is two spots away from dead last in the Big East.

Yea big time competitors.
Amun-Ra Wrote:St Johns is not agood team and no they can't compete in the Big East. Dont make excuses for Louisville playing like crap and being down by 30 at one point.

Rutgers beat them 12, UConn 16, Providence 15, and Cornell beat the by 5 @ home. These are all bad losses.

Yeah, before this win they were 12-10 overall, 2-8 in the Big East and on a 5 game losing streak!!
Amun-Ra Wrote:St Johns is not agood team and no they can't compete in the Big East. Dont make excuses for Louisville playing like crap and being down by 30 at one point.

No where did I make execuses! Georgia last season couldnt compete in the SEC:popcornSt Johns has alot of talent and showed it last nite!
The Cards played terrible in this one. They are playing worse at the time they need to be at their best. Looks like the NIT for the Cards, don't see them beating Cuse or Gtown.
Louisville better win the Big East. if not, then its NIT real quick, and then a early exit from that as well.
This saddens me.
love it love it love it someone is New Jersey Bound LMAO
Louisville looked like a pretty solid team today. Syracuse really had a rough go today, against the cards. I believe that, the win against Cuse MAY be enough to get them into the tourney but they will have to continue to play well and CAN NOT lose another game against a team like St. Johns.
Syracuse kinda looked like Louisville did against St. John's!
leecoukfan Wrote:Syracuse kinda looked like Louisville did against St. John's!

It was the battle of zones today...UL had problems but found away to overcome the cuse zone...
theVILLE Wrote:It was the battle of zones today...UL had problems but found away to overcome the cuse zone...

I believe that it will be a tool for other programs to use and figure out Cuse's solid defense. I really see Syracuse losing only one more game even if teams figure them out.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I believe that it will be a tool for other programs to use and figure out Cuse's solid defense. I really see Syracuse losing only one more game even if teams figure them out.

Count on louisville to be there loss then...The last game EVER at freedom hall! No way does louisville loose that game! I will be first to say i was shocked louisville beat Syracuse AT SYRACUSE! But was it impossible.No sir it wasnt...Louisville has top 25 talent they just havent shown it all year! No louisivlle is a long shot from being a top 25 team right now...But winning out and loosing @ Villanova..I think they should be if that happens!
theVILLE Wrote:Count on louisville to be there loss then...The last game EVER at freedom hall! No way does louisville loose that game! I will be first to say i was shocked louisville beat Syracuse AT SYRACUSE! But was it impossible.No sir it wasnt...Louisville has top 25 talent they just havent shown it all year! No louisivlle is a long shot from being a top 25 team right now...But winning out and loosing @ Villanova..I think they should be if that happens!

Agreed. I would think that they would not loss that game in Freedom Hall.... Lol then again they have disappointed this year.
Pages: 1 2