Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Player of the Year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who do you think should get it..
Evan Turner
Jon Scheyer
Demarcus Cousins
Sherron COllins
John Wall
(*Added these for you, at your unofficial request*)
Wesley Johnson,
Jeremy Hazell
Devan Downey
Demarcus Cousins, imo
Wesley Johnson
agreed Wesley Johnson, jeremy Hazell, and Devan Downey added to that list
No Scottie Reynolds?

Personally I think either Reynolds or Turner deserves it.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:No Scottie Reynolds?

Personally I think either Reynolds or Turner deserves it.

yes add reynolds to that...He is a great PG, at teh top of the country and he does what he has to for his team to win
DeMarcus Cousins by far because he is putting up some of the best numbers in the nation for a big man and he is only a FRESHMAN!!
leecoukfan Wrote:DeMarcus Cousins by far because he is putting up some of the best numbers in the nation for a big man and he is only a FRESHMAN!!

yeah i for sure give him the FOY but i think that the POY should go to an upperclassmen like Scottie, turner, downey, johnson or someone
theVILLE Wrote:yeah i for sure give him the FOY but i think that the POY should go to an upperclassmen like Scottie, turner, downey, johnson or someone

Yeah, i deffinetly understand your arguement! But, even thought this sounds extremely biased I think Kentucky has the ability to have the POY and FOY with DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall!
Wall's last few weeks may have hurt his profile but as result Cousins has popped up in the conversation. As of RIGHT NOW I will say Wall, Turner, Cousins..... Come on Cats!!!
theVILLE Wrote:yeah i for sure give him the FOY but i think that the POY should go to an upperclassmen like Scottie, turner, downey, johnson or someone

Why should it go to an upperclassmen? That would be a mockery of the award. It SHOULD go to the BEST player in the nation, period!
Stardust Wrote:Why should it go to an upperclassmen? That would be a mockery of the award. It SHOULD go to the BEST player in the nation, period!

I agree.:Thumbs:
i would say wes johnson but you have to give devan downey some credit too....we all know a UK player deserves it lol!! collins hasn't shown me enough personally.
Stardust Wrote:Why should it go to an upperclassmen? That would be a mockery of the award. It SHOULD go to the BEST player in the nation, period!

Adam Morrison, Blake Griffin....... :Thumbs:

I agree but have you noticed that they dotn FOY and POY...how is that???Like Jodie Meeks and the CPOY last season...he was contending for POY natioally and didnt get the CPOY?? I say it should got to a shophie-senior..freshies shoud be left out of teh discussion for POY
theVILLE Wrote:I agree but have you noticed that they dotn FOY and POY...how is that???Like Jodie Meeks and the CPOY last season...he was contending for POY natioally and didnt get the CPOY?? I say it should got to a shophie-senior..freshies shoud be left out of teh discussion for POY

Umm. The guy from LSU got it right? forgot his name. But its unfair to the other players to just involve the upperclassmen.
Well John Wall is definitely the most popular player in the nation, that's in his favor.
Aslan Wrote:Well John Wall is definitely the most popular player in the nation, that's in his favor.

IMO, John Wall is the best player in the nation. He is no longer playing like the best player in the nation and I believe that's because he is ready to move on from college to the Pro's. His motivation to be a college player is over
Stardust Wrote:IMO, John Wall is the best player in the nation. He is no longer playing like the best player in the nation and I believe that's because he is ready to move on from college to the Pro's. His motivation to be a college player is over

IDK if he's the best RIGHT NOW, like you said it could be his lack of motivation. However, he does play hard, I just think teams have seen him a lot now and know how to plan against him. I really don't know who I'd give this award to. Wall, Reynolds, and Johnson would all be deserving of the awad.
^If it comes down to popularity, Wall is going to win though.
Sherron Collins or Big Cuz!
Collins is now starting to play to his billing
I dont really think wall should get it! I say Turner, Johnson, or reynolds, or even downey should get it! Wall should be a high contender with cousins for teh FOY!
Downey will finish no higher than fourth in the SEC CPOY voting, behind Wall, Cousins, Varnado, and possibly Patterson. Downey is not a contender for the national POY, IMO. I like watching Downey play, but Wall and Cousins are the best players on one of the top teams in the country and Downey's poor supporting cast force him to take too many bad shots.
i'd say Jeremy Hazell isn't actually a contender for it but should really be in the top 3. the man has to be averaging at least 20 a game.
Seen wall shine tonight as the team shutdown couzins.
Wheres the love for Harrengody!
not just because I am a UK fan, but you would have to have Cousins and Wall at the top pf the list then Turner from Ohio State, Luke Harangohdy should be considered and even Johnson from Syracuse but it should go to the best player whether he is a fresh a soph or a senior.
Another name that should be on the short list but probably won't is Omar Samhan of St. Marys. 21.5 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 54.7% FG, Shamhan will not get any consideration because of St. Mary's schedule, but in two losing efforts against Gonzaga, he averaged 26 ppg and 12 rpg on 56% shooting. Earlier this season, Samhan had 25 points and 18 rebounds against Vandy in a 72-70 loss.

Samhan will probably not be a first round draft pick but the stats he is putting up are as good as any D1 center.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Downey will finish no higher than fourth in the SEC CPOY voting, behind Wall, Cousins, Varnado, and possibly Patterson. Downey is not a contender for the national POY, IMO. I like watching Downey play, but Wall and Cousins are the best players on one of the top teams in the country and Downey's poor supporting cast force him to take too many bad shots.

Watch and see if he isnt the winner or right behind CUZ for CPOY
Pages: 1 2 3