Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Connecticut Head Coach Jim Calhoun Returns To Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
STORRS, Conn. -- Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun, who's missed the last seven games with an undisclosed health condition, has returned to his position.

Calhoun returned to his office Thursday morning and has assumed all coaching responsibilities with no restrictions, the university said in a statement. He went on temporary medical leave Jan. 19.

"I am excited to return to the team and my coaching staff," Calhoun said in the statement. "I appreciate the hard work by the staff and team in my absence and am looking forward to being back on the court for practice [Thursday] afternoon and moving forward."

Neither Calhoun nor UConn commented on his medical condition Thursday.

The Huskies were 3-4 under assistant George Blaney, who ran the team in Calhoun's absence. UConn is 14-9, in the bottom half of the Big East standings and will need to string together victories to remain in NCAA tournament contention.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4906209"]Connecticut Huskies coach Jim Calhoun back on the job - ESPN[/ame]
I think that this will be the start of a big turnaround for the Huskies!
Good to hear. I think that this team has the best chance to make it to the tourney and they can compete with any team. However, as they have demonstrated so far, they can lose to anyone as well.
Hopefully, they get back to winning, in turn, helping UK's RPI. It is insane that UK can schedule UCONN, UL, and UNC and NONE of them be considered a quality win!!!

It is great to know that Coach Calhoun will be on the sidelines again.
^ at this point it really looks like Vandy might be our best win. Yea it is absolutely crazy to like that the three main programs that are on SportsCenter every night were big games for this year.
leecoukfan Wrote:I think that this will be the start of a big turnaround for the Huskies!

Agreed
yeah they have a lot of athletes on this team and its nice to have calhoun back! its probably good for him too!!!