Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Problem with the "Fax"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, so you should all know about the mystery fax that Tubby found last week. And, I'm sure you all know the stories behind it. Some accusing Tubby of making it up, and some praising Mr. Smith and vehemently stating that Tubby could never do such a thing. Well let me first say, this man is a coach who you guys only get to see on the side of a court. I doubt anyone here actually knows the man, so who are you to say whether or not Tubby would do such a thing. The only knowledge you have of him is that he's a good basketball coach, that does not necessarily make him a good person.

Now, I have nothing against Tubby, and I find it quite hard to believe myself that this fax appeared in such a time of need. However, before you start accusing Tubby of making this up let's look at what could have happened.

Scenario 1:
OK, maybe Tubby really did lose it somewhere in his desk, wilder things have happened. One time I put $10 in my pocket only to find it two months later.

Scenario 2:
OK, this disproves that Tubby could have made a false fax. In order to send a fax you have to have a phone line. Now, the NCAA would have easily been able to obtain phone records for the day Morris sent the fax and could look at any phone records from anytime until then. Meaning, if they think Tubby really made a false one, they could find out whether or not using phone records.

Scenario 3:
This is the one that I think really happened. I'd say that Morris has probably kept a record of that fax himself. He's not a stupid person, and after all the trouble that occured he probably went to Tubby and said, "hey remember this?" Now, Tubby, to keep any blame from being put on Morris, said he found it on his desk. Think about it, Tubby doesn't want the media hounding Morris about it, accusing Morris of making a false one. This is just IMO, but it's how I think it went down.
Tubby had said during a press conference back when Morris left that only thing he had heard from him was a fax. Tubby probably thought that Morris would never really return and just didn't pay much attention to the fax. Either way an actual fax was sent. But scenario 3 is a good possibility. Another possibility is that the fax was still in the memory of the fax machine. Alot of fax machines retain copy of faxes on thier built in memory for months. If someone realized this they could of just reprinted authentic faxes that were sent that day.
Here is article on the situation.

What I find most curious in regards to the NCAA's decision on Randolph Morris' eligibility is that anyone would be so skeptical that Tubby Smith's office would be disorganized.

There are lots of doubters wondering if it's really possible that a fax suddenly appeared on which Morris declared he intended to protect his college eligibility while "testing the waters" of the NBA draft. The presentation of that fax to the NCAA's reinstatement staff led Morris' suspension to be cut to 14 games, and thus UK was able to abandon its appeal of the original decision.

Smith claims he'd lost some papers while traveling that apparently were returned to Kentucky, and ultimately they became lost on his desk. OK.

If you've seen Smith's teams play since he arrived at Kentucky in the spring of 1997, you know he can coach with anyone. If you've seen the rest of it, you know it's entirely possible he hasn't seen his letter opener in weeks.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourtur...pic.php?t=45219
"Time_2_Game" Wrote:Here is article on the situation.

What I find most curious in regards to the NCAA's decision on Randolph Morris' eligibility is that anyone would be so skeptical that Tubby Smith's office would be disorganized.

There are lots of doubters wondering if it's really possible that a fax suddenly appeared on which Morris declared he intended to protect his college eligibility while "testing the waters" of the NBA draft. The presentation of that fax to the NCAA's reinstatement staff led Morris' suspension to be cut to 14 games, and thus UK was able to abandon its appeal of the original decision.

Smith claims he'd lost some papers while traveling that apparently were returned to Kentucky, and ultimately they became lost on his desk. OK.

If you've seen Smith's teams play since he arrived at Kentucky in the spring of 1997, you know he can coach with anyone. If you've seen the rest of it, you know it's entirely possible he hasn't seen his letter opener in weeks.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourtur...pic.php?t=45219

gametime is offline Reply With Quote

Check the last line out could this be MR. Gametime. I went in and took it off the post just in case didn't want him to get in any trouble at the other location.
Scenario 2 isn't necessarily true. It's easy to fake a fax. The only thing you need is a phone line simulator. They aren't hard to make, but I'm sure the IT department has a few laying around. Heck, I could make the fax, I'm around simulators all day.
it just appeared , no way give me a break !!!