Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (2) Kentucky 66 - Alabama 55
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Boring yet satisfying win,
Really sloppy on both sides of the ball. It was a trap game that I was a little scared of. They didnt shoot well but they handle a slow start and came out with around a 10 point win. So as most people will say, a win is a win is a win.
still not where they need to be to win it all,lets hope they get it b4 they get to the tournment and its one and done......congrats on the win
Sometimes I wish they would worry more about execution instead of making the ESPN highlights.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Really sloppy on both sides of the ball. It was a trap game that I was a little scared of. They didnt shoot well but they handle a slow start and came out with around a 10 point win. So as most people will say, a win is a win is a win.

agree, think I herd that John Wall had 7 turnovers. sloppy game by UK, but hey its a win..
EKUAlum05 Wrote:UK better be careful......

Very easy to completely overlook Bama after the blowout vs. LSU and with the big game coming up Saturday.

Bama will play a sl0ow grinding game and if a shooter gets hot and UK doesn't play focused, this could get closer than expected.

UK by 12 in a game that is frustratingly close throughout.

:eyeroll:
An overall lackadaisical effort from the team in this one. Hopefully they were just looking ahead to Saturday's match-up with Tennessee.
A win is a win. Not pretty, not impressive, not what we expect against an overmatched team on our court.

But

Winners find a way to win even when they do not perform at their best.
They need to improve. Walls 6 turnovers was a huge disappointment from the greatest guard in college basketball. I will give him a lot of credit though for 10 rebounds, this is great considering Patterson has no desire to get a board.
Patterson should avg. a double-double with cousins but doesnt seem to be trying any more.
Ive noticed Patterson does not put forth much effort anymore. He seems to stand aside and watch the Fab Freshman go to work. I would like to see him get more involved and be as dominant as he has been the last 2 years at UK. We did not play well but Im just glad we got the W.
catfan1 Wrote:Ive noticed Patterson does not put forth much effort anymore. He seems to stand aside and watch the Fab Freshman go to work. I would like to see him get more involved and be as dominant as he has been the last 2 years at UK. We did not play well but Im just glad we got the W.
if you're going to call out patterson you have to call out cousins too! one of the most lazisest games yet this year IMO!!! only one that acted like they wanted to play was liggins. Oh yeah what has hapened to darius miller anyone know where he is:please:
K_Mac Wrote:They need to improve. Walls 6 turnovers was a huge disappointment from the greatest guard in college basketball. I will give him a lot of credit though for 10 rebounds, this is great considering Patterson has no desire to get a board.
Patterson should avg. a double-double with cousins but doesnt seem to be trying any more.

I've been saying it for a while, PPat is a role player, not a star. Don't take that as a shot, I love the kid, but he is not what I was hoping he would be and that being the LEADER of the team. He is Scottie Pippin to Michael Jordan, great when he is the support guy, not the Go To guy.

Looking at his history, he was the sidekick of Mayo his Sr. year in HS, Crwaford and Bradley his Freshman year, Meeks last year, and this year he is the #3 (possibly #4) guy on the team behind the Freshmen.
beasy_bo Wrote:if you're going to call out patterson you have to call out cousins too! one of the most lazisest games yet this year IMO!!! only one that acted like they wanted to play was liggins. Oh yeah what has hapened to darius miller anyone know where he is:please:

Darius inability to creat shots has put him on the bench. Darius plays solid D, but he is not a player who has fit the Dribble-Drive offense.
Stardust Wrote:Darius inability to creat shots has put him on the bench. Darius plays solid D, but he is not a player who has fit the Dribble-Drive offense.
i agree he is not aggressive enough. it seemed like he was coming around in a couple of game now he has just lost the willingness to drive.
In short, it was a sorry win,but I take it.GO CATS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
beasy_bo Wrote:if you're going to call out patterson you have to call out cousins too! one of the most lazisest games yet this year IMO!!! only one that acted like they wanted to play was liggins. Oh yeah what has hapened to darius miller anyone know where he is:please:

Cousins is by far out playing and trying much harder then Patterson. Perhaps Cousins did have a lazy game, and some lazy defense at times, but Patterson is consistantly having these kinds of nights. And Darius, I love the kid, but I agree with everyone else he simply isnt aggressive enough.
K_Mac Wrote:Cousins is by far out playing and trying much harder then Patterson. Perhaps Cousins did have a lazy game, and some lazy defense at times, but Patterson is consistantly having these kinds of nights. And Darius, I love the kid, but I agree with everyone else he simply isnt aggressive enough.
cousins out plays patteson every night i know this but what i was referring to was last night. cousins played lazy just like he whole team besides liggins i didn't really watch dodson but i didn't hear much from him. as far as miller him and liggins is my favorite thats why he is on my avatar.
Ugly and boring win but the Cats continue to win. Our half court execution has got to improve before tourny time. It is almost like they are lost or just want to hurry and get a shot off at times in the halff court set. With Walls ability to drive, Cousins block play, Pats improved shooting and Dodson ability to make the 3, I think our half court game could be tough and in tournament play we are going to need it.
I thought UK won the game last night by double figures?

Sure doesn't sound that way on here?
Was an ugly 1st half but the Cats were able to weather the storm and win by double digits! It might not have been pretty but a win is a win! Congrats Cats!
Im telling you, it is really good to have this game as a win. Alabama is one of those teams in the SEC that can lose to anyone on a certain night and win against the best on a given night. With their coach there, it is that style of ball that just scares me to death. Kind of like the UAB game years ago.