Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky is not respected....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know that I can't be the only one to notice that even though we are 22-1, I heard the commentators of the Texas and Kansas say that they wouldn't place Kentucky in the top 5 right now. What else can the Cats do? They also said that Kentucky was no match for Syracuse or Kansas that both would be a double digit favorite......can someone please help me with this? Am I missing something?
im a kentucky fan hands down.
but i do have to say with the lack of experience on the team
kentucky will struggle against teams like texas, kansas, and syracuse.
the maturity level is very low. when the tournament rolls around cousins
better blow off some steam and straighten out his attitude or it may be
a bad sign for our wildcats. i hate to say it but its true.
crazyfan4 Wrote:I know that I can't be the only one to notice that even though we are 22-1, I heard the commentators of the Texas and Kansas say that they wouldn't place Kentucky in the top 5 right now. What else can the Cats do? They also said that Kentucky was no match for Syracuse or Kansas that both would be a double digit favorite......can someone please help me with this? Am I missing something?

First off, I am a UK fan. But let's be real, our strength of schedule is our knock. We have a bad schedule, in the 100's (last I saw it was the 136th). We have the same record as other teams in the top 5 but those teams have played significantly touger competition. Respect, why does everyone get hung up on respect. Who cares. We are the #2 team in the nation, what do you want?
Who have the cats beaten...currently in the top 25 besides vandy??
theVILLE Wrote:Who have the cats beaten...currently in the top 25 besides vandy??

Umm, Just saying that uconn killed texas.....

But on a side note. We have been told every big game we have went to play we was going to loose because were not mature enough. Bull i say. We could beat kansas, syracuse, or nova any given night,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Umm, Just saying that uconn killed texas.....

But on a side note. We have been told every big game we have went to play we was going to loose because were not mature enough. Bull i say. We could beat kansas, syracuse, or nova any given night,

seriously,
the maturity level isnt there right now.
hopefully it changes by march but if it were tourney
time right now kentucky would really struggle.

kansas IMO would probably be national champions if it were march right now.

So if Uconn is the biggest win for UK then it is for UL too???but idk about beating kansas, SU, Nova, on the road or not tho

Where or who said that? I disagree, Vegas odds has made us the favorite in virtually every game with the exception of the UNC game. Now that we see how UNC, UConn play, they have been extreme disappointments. UConn's game was a big win? Texas, the team that got routed at home yesterday by a Kansas team that we all have been saying on here is not very good. Hey, no bigger UK mark than I am, but let's be real about it as well.
crazyfan4 Wrote:I know that I can't be the only one to notice that even though we are 22-1, I heard the commentators of the Texas and Kansas say that they wouldn't place Kentucky in the top 5 right now. What else can the Cats do? They also said that Kentucky was no match for Syracuse or Kansas that both would be a double digit favorite......can someone please help me with this? Am I missing something?

Bob Knight was calling this game, he hates Kentucky and hates Calipari. He's the Lou Holtz of ESPN's college basketball analysts.

Cannot wait until Knight steps foot into Rupp Arena for CGD.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Bob Knight was calling this game, he hates Kentucky and hates Calipari. He's the Lou Holtz of ESPN's college basketball analysts.

me either...what exacltt sis he say about Cal that wasnt true tho
It is not UK's fault that UCONN, Louisville and UNC all suck balls this year. And Florida not being like they have been. I mean really all of them were in preseason top ten. UK can't help that.

If it wasn't for those teams being so bad, our SOS would be a lot higher.
I think once the season is over Kentucky will be getting plenty of respect because I truthfully believe that after the loss to South Carolina that they won't lose another game and win the SEC tourney! With that said that will give them somewhere between 4-6 wins over top 25 teams!
Amun-Ra Wrote:It is not UK's fault that UCONN, Louisville and UNC all suck balls this year. And Florida not being like they have been. I mean really all of them were in preseason top ten. UK can't help that.

Agreed. Those games were scheduled thinking they'd all be, at the very least, Top 25 teams. Yeah, those predictions are worthless now, but there's nothing we can do about that.
Kentucky needs to just keep winning. That is all you have control over. Nobody would have thought UConn and UNC would have the number of losses they do right now. Everybody likes to point to strength of schedule. Sometimes, that is all relative.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Agreed. Those games were scheduled thinking they'd all be, at the very least, Top 25 teams. Yeah, those predictions are worthless now, but there's nothing we can do about that.
Well it kills me when you see clueless people like theVille say things like what top 25 teams has UK beaten??? We had a whole list full before the season started. We can schedule every team from this year's top team for next season but that doesn't mean they will all be ranked next year. So like I said it is not UK's fault the teams that we play are horrible.
Amun-Ra Wrote:It is not UK's fault that UCONN, Louisville and UNC all suck balls this year. And Florida not being like they have been. I mean really all of them were in preseason top ten. UK can't help that.

So I don't understand where you are going with this? So, since we beat BAD teams, are we really that good? To throw out there that these teams are terrible, means our wins meant nothing. So, do we even have a quality win on our schedule?
Expanded AP 25 ESPN/USA Overall
SEC - East W L W L PF PA STRK
Kentucky 4 0 3 0 82.3 65.9 W3

According to ESPN.com UK has beaten 4 AP Top 25 teams and 3 ESPN/USA today Top 25 teams.

Not to mention they still have to play Tennessee twice and another game against Vandy. Both are still in both polls. That would make 7 games in AP, and 6 games in ESPN polls.

Also, worth noting UCONN got a vote for the Top 25 this week!!! That's crazy!
Syracuse would beat UK by 10-15 points right now..KU would beat us, but I woudlnt give a spread, however, I would bet that 'Cuse wouldnt have much trouble beating us..JMO though..
Stardust Wrote:So I don't understand where you are going with this? So, since we beat BAD teams, are we really that good? To throw out there that these teams are terrible, means our wins meant nothing. So, do we even have a quality win on our schedule?
The point is that these teams may not be in the top 25 now but they was when we played them or when we scheduled them. It is not our fault that after we beat UConn dropped liek 15 straight or that UNC has lost every game since. The point is these games were quality wins at the time they was played.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Bob Knight was calling this game, he hates Kentucky and hates Calipari. He's the Lou Holtz of ESPN's college basketball analysts.

I think I read in the Lexington Herald that Knight won't be at the CGD. He is a typical chicken s**t bully.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Syracuse would beat UK by 10-15 points right now..KU would beat us, but I woudlnt give a spread, however, I would bet that 'Cuse wouldnt have much trouble beating us..JMO though..

I think UK is a very good team but needs a little work and consistency to be a truely great team. They are certainly a top 5 team. The difference with UK and the rest of the top 5, in my opinion, is the Cats have a some growth room to get even better where the other teams are pretty much playing to their potential.

I also think Cuse would have little trouble beating the Cats right now because of their zone. Uk has not had ANY one step up to be a consistent zone buster. I think we have a cuople who could be but right now we just don't have that great shooter. I think the KU game would be a good one because they like an up tempo game which plays to some of the Cats strengths as well.
Westside Wrote:[/B]

I think I read in the Lexington Herald that Knight won't be at the CGD. He is a typical chicken s**t bully.

You are correct.
Stardust Wrote:First off, I am a UK fan. But let's be real, our strength of schedule is our knock. We have a bad schedule, in the 100's (last I saw it was the 136th). We have the same record as other teams in the top 5 but those teams have played significantly touger competition. Respect, why does everyone get hung up on respect. Who cares. We are the #2 team in the nation, what do you want?

Last time I checked UK had a RPI of 5 and strength od schedule of 50
Another thing how does DUKE have a strength of schedule of 5? I guess what I'm trying to say is how is there 45 points between these two teams on strength of schedule? Duke has lost to two unranked teams.

Teams they have played
N.C. Greensboro
Coastal Carolina -
Charlotte
Radford
Arizona St.
St. John's
Gardner-Webb
Long Beach St.
Pennsylvania
Clemson 16-7 record
Iowa St.
Georgia Tech 17-6 record
Boston Coll. 12-11 record
Wake Forest
N.C. State 14-10 record
Clemson 16-7 record
Florida St.
Georgetown
Georgia Tech
Boston Coll.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Syracuse would beat UK by 10-15 points right now..KU would beat us, but I woudlnt give a spread, however, I would bet that 'Cuse wouldnt have much trouble beating us..JMO though..
+1
it's pretty simple, no one knows who can beat who til they play. saying cuse and ku would beat UK is a prediction. and last time i checked those dont mean a whole lot. im sure alot of people picked pitt to win at syracuse and uconn to kill texas, and gtown to roll duke. actually, i highly doubt anyone picked those. so basically, if you can honestly say you picked syracuse to beat pitt then you picked them because they are ranked high and have good talent, so with that being said there is no reason why uk couldnt beat anyone, anytime, anyday. so there. predictions mean nothing, the numbers mean nothing. anyone can win, anytime.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I think UK is a very good team but needs a little work and consistency to be a truely great team. They are certainly a top 5 team. The difference with UK and the rest of the top 5, in my opinion, is the Cats have a some growth room to get even better where the other teams are pretty much playing to their potential.

I also think Cuse would have little trouble beating the Cats right now because of their zone. Uk has not had ANY one step up to be a consistent zone buster. I think we have a cuople who could be but right now we just don't have that great shooter. I think the KU game would be a good one because they like an up tempo game which plays to some of the Cats strengths as well.
Great post..I think they have some room to grow as well. I think they get way to complacent and lay off when they get ahead, and thats gonna bite them. Syracuse is the opposite. If you play well and let up on Syracuse, theyll beat you to death. Georgetown jumped up 14-0 on them, and got beat by 17. Cincy led by 6 in the second half and got beat 17. UNC led by 2 at halftime and the Cuse beat them 18. Syracuse will take that complacency and make them pay for it..I DO think that this is a legit top 5 team though, no question, and if they head into the tourney on top of their game, they could make a very deep run..

Mr. Knight won't be attending CGD, and I can't say I blame him.
'Nova would kill UK IMHO. They are by far the deepest team WVU has played this year.
Syracuse recently beat Depaul by 2, but they would beat UK by 15? It could happen but I wouldn't bet on it. UK is not the only top team to have struggled in a few games and UK is the youngest of the top teams.

Bobby Knight is a bitter old man who would not admit it if UK was ten points better on its worse night than any other team in the country. If UK is not the top team in the country at this time, the gap between them and any other team is a small one and it will not get any bigger.
Pages: 1 2 3