Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (6) West Virginia 70 - (21) Pittsburgh 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
West Virgina has been a big surprise..
Well it looks like the players and the fans have all adopted Bob Thuggins ways. Players get in a fight and the fans throw stuff at the other team. Stay classy West Virginia....lol
How can it be a fight when no punches were thrown??? Throwing debris on the floor and later hitting a Pitt coach is unacceptable. Yelling "F**k Pitt during the National Anthem is also unacceptable. I guess this is what you get when you have academic rejects of Pitt, Penn State, and Rutgers gaining admission into West Virginia University.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:How can it be a fight when no punches were thrown??? Throwing debris on the floor and later hitting a Pitt coach is unacceptable. Yelling "F**k Pitt during the National Anthem is also unacceptable. I guess this is what you get when you have academic rejects of Pitt, Penn State, and Rutgers gaining admission into West Virginia University.

Now what exactly happened at the game..... I didnt get to watch it.
Ill take Bobby Thuggins any day. Lot's of people want to bash him, but this is one of the most successful coaches in the history of the game when you consider that he has never been afforded the 5* that other coaches with his credentials have had the oppotunity to coach and build their records to nothing any better. Huggins = 20 wins per year.
who was throwing stuff. WV or Pitt fans?
Well, according to Sportscenter, WVU fans threw something on the floor and then later threw a coin at a Pitt coach that hit him in the face. Also said that in earlier games they chanted obscenities and the name of the woman Pitino had the affair with, during the Louisville game. Throwing stuff is unacceptable, but the rest of it is just what anyone should expect when you go on the road.
The players from both teams handled themselves well during the tie up and the altercations that ensued. I honestly feel that no techicals should have been called on the team's players. Now the fans are a whole different story. The first incident of throwing debris on the court was after a traveling call on Truck Bryant. Huggins got on the PA system and told them to quit being stupid and if anyone saw who did it to point them out and they would be thrown out. The second incident was after the above mentioned altercation when someone threw an object (I could not tell what it was), hitting one of the assistant coaches, which led to a technical foul being called on WVU. The obscenities were "F**K the Buckeyes", "Eat S**T PITT", and "Karen Sypher" (not an obscenity other than to Pitino and his family, but still not appropriate). I feel that if the WVU student section cannot act any better than this, they should have game privileges taken from them or be moved to the upper level. I also agree with dangerousdaneersfan, the majority of the students that are giving WVU and the state of WV a bad name are not from WV. They are from NY, NJ and PA (that's how it was when I was there from '94 - '98 and from what I can gather, it's still he same). This behavior is unexcusable!!!
On different note, Deniz Kilicli looked great in his first playing time of the season. I think that he will make a huge difference in the team from this point forward.
Stardust Wrote:Ill take Bobby Thuggins any day. Lot's of people want to bash him, but this is one of the most successful coaches in the history of the game when you consider that he has never been afforded the 5* that other coaches with his credentials have had the oppotunity to coach and build their records to nothing any better. Huggins = 20 wins per year.

Not saying that 5* recruits doesnt mean alot but he does get alot of good 4* doesnt he...Huggins is a very underrated coach though...
Wow.... That is crazy. I heard the verbal abuse Pitino was taking on Saturday but this takes the cake. Did SC say that ejections where performed on some fans. I mean something would have to be done to indicate to the student body that something like that WILL NEVER be tolerated and can lead to a possible previlage loss.
what fans WVU have... hahaha
theVILLE Wrote:Not saying that 5* recruits doesnt mean alot but he does get alot of good 4* doesnt he...Huggins is a very underrated coach though...

Nope, Huggins has not had many 4* throughout his career. That was the big compliment that Oscar Robertson always preached when Huggins was at UC, that he didn't get the top players in the country, yet he could compete with anyone. Lot of people knocked him for Juco's, but those Juco's had a very low rating coming out of HS based on their ability. Huggins has always been able to get the most out of his players.
Stardust Wrote:Nope, Huggins has not had many 4* throughout his career. That was the big compliment that Oscar Robertson always preached when Huggins was at UC, that he didn't get the top players in the country, yet he could compete with anyone. Lot of people knocked him for Juco's, but those Juco's had a very low rating coming out of HS based on their ability. Huggins has always been able to get the most out of his players.

Ok, thanks SD for clearing that up for me..I really wasnt aware that ebanks and, butler and those guys were not 4 or 5*..or are they???anyway he is a very underrated coach..he is among the top of the nation (supposed to be anyway) with 3* or <...thats shows it right there
"Karen Sypher"

Imagine, I would have yelled "Ricky White Suit," but then again that's me.
Really was an interesting game to see Louisville loss that lead and see Pitino react to everything... It has to get to him.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Well, according to Sportscenter, WVU fans threw something on the floor and then later threw a coin at a Pitt coach that hit him in the face. Also said that in earlier games they chanted obscenities and the name of the woman Pitino had the affair with, during the Louisville game. Throwing stuff is unacceptable, but the rest of it is just what anyone should expect when you go on the road.

Real class!